"The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect", NFL.com suggests trading up to 2 for Q. Williams

stosh64

I would freak out if we end up with a Quinnen Williams. He is the best player in this draft and a major position of need. But I would not want to trade next years 1st round pick. I’m totally good with trading a position player, maybe shady, Shaq or Murphy and a package of 2nd and 3rd Round

picks this year and next. Do not trade our next years 1st round pick under all circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I'm cool with trading around the board, but next years 1st rounder is not for sale in this draft. (If it was up to me)

This ^^^ there is NO way we are giving up 2 first round picks for a DT , especially nexts years we don’t know how this season will turn out injuries / anything can happen our first round pick could be in the top 5-10 , 

now if we had two first round picks this year and BOTH in the  mid 20’s then it’s a different story, 

Edited by Putin

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I do not see any circumstance where Beane gives up a first round pick in 2020.

Me neither. Plenty of smoke, not enough fire. There is no way the Bills are going to give out any serious  indication as to where they are headed. All this speculation does is generate more clicks.

I don’t like it, but I could see the argument for it if you believe the Bills’ first rounder next year will be in the late 20’s and you’re sure Josh Allen is the real deal.  It would also be an indication that the FO is under intense pressure to win now.  If it didn’t work, McBeane would absolutely be on the hot seat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A good topic, BUT, I'd rather keep next year's first, and either stay at 9 or trade back.   I think Simmons has the ability next year or even later this year to be as good as Williams.  I'd stay at 9, hope Sweat is there.  Then grab Simmons in Rd. 2 or trade back into 1.  There is your dominant D-line.  Use later picks on TE's and WR's, of whom there are still many.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I'm cool with trading around the board, but next years 1st rounder is not for sale in this draft. (If it was up to me)

I can't imagine Beane giving up next year's first. QB is the only position I'd do that for, and he isn't looking for a QB. 

I think k a trade down is more likely than a trade up.

The Bills might not get the highest graded player on their board at nine, but this draft has plenty of players that will be available at 9 that can play at a high-level next year. With all the new faces and 10 draft picks, I think it's likely we trade back up into round 1 or later rounds, or trade for higher picks in 2020 draft.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be good with this move. The roster is farther along under beano and we have money next year to sign a free agents. Adding a player like Williams definitely helps with recruitment of free agents next year. I view him as the best player in the draft,  that said has to be right deal. If they can't make a deal for Williams, they should consider Dexter Lawrence.  I wish nfl teams would release the board from the draftroom after the draft. I would like to see how teams value players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1