"The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect", NFL.com suggests trading up to 2 for Q. Williams

stosh64

I love this idea, I'm curious what you guys think of it.

The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect

Buffalo Bills receive:
-- 2019 first-round pick (No. 2 overall)
-- 2019 sixth-round pick (No. 176)

San Francisco 49ers receive:
-- 2019 first-round pick (No. 9)
-- 2019 fifth-round pick (No. 147)
-- 2019 sixth-round pick (No. 181)
-- 2020 first-round pick (valued at approximately pick No. 12)

Why it works for the Bills: With most mock drafts connecting Kyler Murray to the Cardinals at the first overall pick, and the Raiders sitting at No. 4 with several key needs (and the capital to move all over the draft board), the strategy for the 49ers at No. 2 and Jets at No. 3 is very interesting. Since trading with the Jets would be an in-division move, the Bills are more likely to work with the Niners on a deal. Should my model's highest-rated player, Quinnen Williams, be available at No. 2, the Bills could craft a trade for the Alabama defensive tackle and fill a huge team need; though, the trade would require giving up their first-round pick in 2020. I told you that my model is most focused on winning this season, but that doesn't mean it doesn't consider future seasons at all. Simply put, the opportunity to draft Williams is worth the future costs, given the premium at his position and the Bills' current roster.

NFL.com

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I'm cool with trading around the board, but next years 1st rounder is not for sale in this draft. (If it was up to me)

I agree. Smells too much like Marcel. 

I personally would rather concentrate on our weak points, which is scoring POINTS..

Let the board fall as it will, and if an OT or Hock presents, then that’s our guy.

Edited by George C
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Drafting another Alabama DT in the Top 3, and trade up giving up next years #1 as part of the package?

I’m going to have nightmares the next two nights. ?

I agree with not trading away next year's #1 but Dareus should scare us away from Alabama DT's either. There was a time where I was against ever having a QB from California again in Buffalo.

Trading up for a DT in the deepest DL draft in decades is insane. This will not happen. It would be ten times worse than Whaley trading up for Watkins.  

The only player I move up for is Allen if he gets past 5. Even then I probably wouldn’t but If top 5 go Murray, Bosa, Oliver, Williams, White then I would consider a move from 9 to 5 to get Allen