Fear The Walking Dead

I could watch an entire series made out of Negan/Beta interactions.  That can be their sitcom spinoff from the series.  It's pure gold.

The one thing I don't get about Beta is that at one point he seems to be so concerned about "their people" but then in the next he's slitting the throat of a random red shirt in hopes of killing Negan too.  You get the outcome you're hoping for, don't lose a single member of the pack, and Alpha's none the wiser.  Your TV show is over though, so obviously they can't do that.  I just wish they wrote up a better plan there.

48 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The poisoning is a dull sidelight with some predictable outcomes...a few people will die and there will be a mass internal killing of walkers. There will be a revolt to attack the Whisperers once they know what's going on. Yada yada. 

Aaron saw what she was doing, I would think he would warn them not to drink the water?

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I could watch an entire series made out of Negan/Beta interactions.  That can be their sitcom spinoff from the series.  It's pure gold.

The one thing I don't get about Beta is that at one point he seems to be so concerned about "their people" but then in the next he's slitting the throat of a random red shirt in hopes of killing Negan too.  You get the outcome you're hoping for, don't lose a single member of the pack, and Alpha's none the wiser.  Your TV show is over though, so obviously they can't do that.  I just wish they wrote up a better plan there.

The random guy offered Negan some food, so he was punished.

25 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Aaron saw what she was doing, I would think he would warn them not to drink the water?

I caught the Aaron siting too.   HE seemed more interested in making a peace than thinking why she was doing it.  

Was he punished?   I don't recall.  

47 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I don't think they're worried about the water.  I bet the sickness winds up being something else.  The way walkers wonder around and get trapped everywhere, that river has to already be full of them.

47 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Ahhh, it was that guy?  That makes sense.  That's one problem with the whisperers, other than 3 characters, they're a giant see of faceless/nameless red shirts.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I don't think they're worried about the water.  I bet the sickness winds up being something else.  The way walkers wonder around and get trapped everywhere, that river has to already be full of them.

Ahhh, it was that guy?  That makes sense.  That's one problem with the whisperers, other than 3 characters, they're a giant see of faceless/nameless red shirts.

Yeah, he had a quiver of arrows on his back, that made him stand out to me.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Was he punished?   I don't recall.  

Beta slit his throat.

Alpha said about strategy  and she mentioned taking land, the water and the tree.  

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Yeah, he had a quiver of arrows on his back, that made him stand out to me.

Beta slit his throat.

I recalled it was because he had an original thought and democracy prevailed in alphas favor 

I guess I was incorrect 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

A question for those familiar with the comics.  Don't worry if you're not, I'll keep it spoiler-free.  There are so many stories in motion right now.  They can't possible follow that storyline right now, can they?

And last night's reveal was a bit odd.  Lydia knew the captured whisperer but has never had any clue who Dante is?  I'm sure they'll follow up on that a bit.  He must be pretty close with Alpha if he's cool spending time around not dead Lydia.  His comment during the fight, something along the lines of not wanting it to be like this, made it seem like he was coming around to their way of life a bit.  But if that's the case, why's he sabotaging the water system (and what's he drinking)?  Is it so simple as thinking that they can convert most of these people to the pack life?

3 hours ago, shrader said:

A question for those familiar with the comics.  Don't worry if you're not, I'll keep it spoiler-free.  There are so many stories in motion right now.  They can't possible follow that storyline right now, can they?

And last night's reveal was a bit odd.  Lydia knew the captured whisperer but has never had any clue who Dante is?  I'm sure they'll follow up on that a bit.  He must be pretty close with Alpha if he's cool spending time around not dead Lydia.  His comment during the fight, something along the lines of not wanting it to be like this, made it seem like he was coming around to their way of life a bit.  But if that's the case, why's he sabotaging the water system (and what's he drinking)?  Is it so simple as thinking that they can convert most of these people to the pack life?

Well, I guess it all depends on when Dante became a whisperer. 

If it was after Lydia had left or before.  

why didn't the prisoner see Lydia?  Was he blindfolded when she was told to leave the cell? 

there were 3 or 4 taps.  He only messed with one of them and knew not to drink from it. 

Saddiq was always using the spigot closest to the houses 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Well, I guess it all depends on when Dante became a whisperer. 

If it was after Lydia had left or before.  

That really doesn't allow for much of a time window.  You never can tell with this show, but from Lydia's capture up until the fair/beheading, that was what, at most a couple months?  That's an awfully short amount of time to be won over by that lifestyle, especially when compared to Alexandria.  Like I said earlier though, it did look like he was being won over a bit during his time with Sadiq.  Maybe he's just playing both sides so that he has a home no matter who wins.

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

That really doesn't allow for much of a time window.  You never can tell with this show, but from Lydia's capture up until the fair/beheading, that was what, at most a couple months?  That's an awfully short amount of time to be won over by that lifestyle, especially when compared to Alexandria.  Like I said earlier though, it did look like he was being won over a bit during his time with Sadiq.  Maybe he's just playing both sides so that he has a home no matter who wins.

the Mid Season Finale preview shows Daryl beating on someone after they show Dante in a chair and  a bloody lip then Dante in the cell.

the ruse is over 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Dante got last rights from the Preacher 

Why Carol why!!!

What or who is Virgil?

Virgil isn't in the books.  

My theory:  He's the deus ex machina to three plots:

1.  Reintroduction of modern weaponry that will neutralize the horde;

2.  Provides the entry to the next chapter as said weaponry will be owned by CRM;

3.  Likely provides some tantalizing clue that Rick was there - and that will be the exit for the Michonne character.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dpberr said:

2.  Provides the entry to the next chapter as said weaponry will be owned by CRM;

3.  Likely provides some tantalizing clue that Rick was there - and that will be the exit for the Michonne character.  

I was wondering how long the Michonne character will remain myself. 

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

They're heading towards a naval base.  That seems like an awfully convenient place for helicopters to be taking off from.  I doubt we see any  modern weaponry reintroduced for the Whisperer war because my guess is that Michonne won't be returning from this trip.  Like you said, this will lead her off towards Rick.

I want to know who will wind up raising Judith and RJ now.  I don't like the thought of her leaving them, but I think they're shoe horned into it at this point.  I hope she has some sort of zombie apocalypse will that says "anyone but Carol".

They're heading towards a naval base.  That seems like an awfully convenient place for helicopters to be taking off from.  I doubt we see any  modern weaponry reintroduced for the Whisperer war because my guess is that Michonne won't be returning from this trip.  Like you said, this will lead her off towards Rick.

I want to know who will wind up raising Judith and RJ now.  I don't like the thought of her leaving them, but I think they're shoe horned into it at this point.  I hope she has some sort of zombie apocalypse will that says "anyone but Carol".

If we assume that the media reports are real that there are two seasons left in TWD,  my theory is that CRM is three communities in an uneasy alliance and Alexandria/Hilltop will spend those seasons figuring out which side they are on.  It's likely Maggie and Rick are at one or both.  

I'd think they'd want to make that Michonne good bye extra sappy or Judith goes with her, maybe.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dpberr said:

If we assume that the media reports are real that there are two seasons left in TWD,  my theory is that CRM is three communities in an uneasy alliance and Alexandria/Hilltop will spend those seasons figuring out which side they are on.  It's likely Maggie and Rick are at one or both.  

I'd think they'd want to make that Michonne good bye extra sappy or Judith goes with her, maybe.  

I think she'll be back with weapons for a last hurrah and then take the kids to look for Rick.

I do think the new show, the last 2 seasons of the main show, the movies and fear will all be looking at the three ring group from different angles which will culminate in the last movie.  People in the last movie will be:

Rick. All 3 movies

Michonne all 3

Their kids all 3

Carol last movie only

Darryl last movie only

Some people from the new show 2 and 3

Maybe Maggie ?

Morgan 3 maybe the end of 2

Alicia same

Daniel same 

Althea same

Dwight same

Sherry same 

Negan 2 and 3

I think Jadis will die at the end of the first movie

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dpberr said:

The Maggie thing is curious because IF she was with the group with Rick, she'd convey that info to Hilltop which she supposedly has communications with. or so I recall.

If the show will end in a season or two RJ will go for sure.  Judith is a much more important part of the show and fan base. Not that they worry about knocking off favorites. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Maggie thing is curious because IF she was with the group with Rick, she'd convey that info to Hilltop which she supposedly has communications with. or so I recall.

If the show will end in a season or two RJ will go for sure.  Judith is a much more important part of the show and fan base. Not that they worry about knocking off favorites. 

Wasn't there some talk about how communication with Maggie had dropped off right before the Whisperers show up.  For whatever reason, I seem to remember Jesus mentioning it.  I guess we'll find out about here soon enough, whether she shows up late in the season or for the start of the next one.  I wish they would just not mention Rick at all so that this show can be free of the movie stuff for now, but I doubt that happens.

As for the kids, I think they stick around because they want a Grimes connection to this show still.  But hey, I guess that means only RJ has to stick around since that's the only Grimes blood remaining.