Fear The Walking Dead

We have another returning actor crossing over 

what-to-expect-from-fear-the-walking-dea

the Trailer has been out for a little while.  

Fear the Walking Dead returns for Season 5 on Sunday, June 2 (at 9/8c),

https://tvline.com/2019/03/30/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-date-june-2019-amc/

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How long does it take to walk from Virginia to the Texas border by Mexico?

Google Maps says 575 hours.  That doesn't count sleeping or anything else and I'm sure you need to add on a significant amount of detour time for apocalypse related shenanigans.  If you triple the amount of time it takes you to actually walk to account for those factors, walking 8 hours a day it will take you a little over 215 days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Google Maps says 575 hours.  That doesn't count sleeping or anything else and I'm sure you need to add on a significant amount of detour time for apocalypse related shenanigans.  If you triple the amount of time it takes you to actually walk to account for those factors, walking 8 hours a day it will take you a little over 215 days.

great job.  

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, That's No Moon said:

What's the estimated pace, how many miles a day?

It takes a lot of calories to maintain a good pace.

Edited by Gary M

4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I stopped watching after season 2... too much TV to watch so it dropped off of my priorities.

Is it worth getting back into?

I thought last season moved along better.

6 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I'm the exact opposite on this one.  The most recent season was garbage.  They had done a nice job in the prior season or two building up certain people and then they completely threw everything out the window and rebooted the show.  Sure, some of the newbies are good characters, but not enough of them.  I'm also not all that crazy about this current incarnation of Morgan.  But hey, at least I can count on him revealing his 85th alternate personality soon enough.

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

All the dead aren't... Dead yet?

This actually. We've seen that the dead still do decompose. After the initial crush of millions of dead I wouldn't think that there would be enough living to support a continual flow of new dead to make things like massive hordes. Winter dead freeze, desert dead would almost certainly be desiccated quickly, swampy dead grow things and fall apart. Things like floods, tornados, wildfires, and hurricanes are still happening and with no ability or instinct to seek shelter you lose plenty there. You'd see predation from things like mountain lions, bears, and alligators. We are multiple years into this process at this point. There shouldn't be many dead left at all and yet.

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This actually. We've seen that the dead still do decompose. After the initial crush of millions of dead I wouldn't think that there would be enough living to support a continual flow of new dead to make things like massive hordes. Winter dead freeze, desert dead would almost certainly be desiccated quickly, swampy dead grow things and fall apart. Things like floods, tornados, wildfires, and hurricanes are still happening and with no ability or instinct to seek shelter you lose plenty there. You'd see predation from things like mountain lions, bears, and alligators. We are multiple years into this process at this point. There shouldn't be many dead left at all and yet.

This would apply to the 6 year time jump on The Walking Dead.

Its  Fiction and grosser is better 

50 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I stopped watching after season 2... too much TV to watch so it dropped off of my priorities.

Is it worth getting back into?

45 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Reasons 1 and 2

FTWD_501_RG_1211_0342_RT.jpg&c=sc&w=850&

Reason 3 and 4 

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl  MGFTWD.jpg

AND the druggie Nick is long dead 

• 4 weeks later...

I will say I've been entertained.  I've watched each episode so far this season.  

That being said, wow, it's a lot of hot garbage from a story point of view.  Journalists can fly planes now, even more dumbass kids being weird, random Matt Frewer, Reuben Blades miraculously survived Season 3 to end up in Texas....somehow with a warehouse of vehicles and weapons.  

Good set pieces though, especially the Wild West one.  Garrett Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman are carrying the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I will say I've been entertained.  I've watched each episode so far this season.  

That being said, wow, it's a lot of hot garbage from a story point of view.  Journalists can fly planes now, even more dumbass kids being weird, random Matt Frewer, Reuben Blades miraculously survived Season 3 to end up in Texas....somehow with a warehouse of vehicles and weapons.  

Good set pieces though, especially the Wild West one.  Garrett Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman are carrying the season. 

So much of it is mind-numbingly stupid.  The split bullet thing this week?  And why is it that they needed the plane (and the next plane) so badly to get over there, yet Dwight got there all on his own?