Rashan Gary has torn labrum and will need surgery at some point

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he was in the mix before for the Bills at 9, but I don’t anymore unless they trade down. 

Yeah, he's out of the top 10 for sure.     

Not a good look for a guy who already has questions about motivation and dedication to the game...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is this the curveball that's being rumored?

I don’t think they take him at 4, but with 3 first rounders I could see them using one on him if he falls to them at 24 or 27. Could also see them using one on Jeffrey Simmons. 

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Lots of injuries on the D-Line front.  It could make for some really big steals at the back-end of the 1st Round/top of the 2nd.

Jeffery Simmons was probably a Top 5 pick before the ACL injury.

Montez Sweat was a Top 10 lock.  Now he's got a heart condition.

Jerry Tillery was an early 1st Rounder, then needed shoulder surgery.

Until this, Rashan Gary was generally considered a Top 10 pick as well.

I'd take Sweat at 9.  His heart condition did not even stop him from doing the combine, where he dominated.  Also dominated in college. 

Simmons (guy was dominant when healthy), in late 1st. 

Was Tillery really an early 1st rounder?  I'm asking, I have no idea.  I hear he has "motivation" issues?  

Gary I want no part of.  He is a classic underachiever.  5-star who did not produce in college.  Not sure why he is ever considered a top 10 pick.  

49 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I want nothing to do with Gary, nothing. Second round? Sure. In the first round? Omg, please no.

I don't even want him in the 2nd! 

3rd or later, okay.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Gary is the number 1 player I hope they don't touch with a 10 foot pole. 

Limited college production, "physical freak" but with no stats to back it up, questions about whether he really loves football, and now this?

Stay away, Beane. Stay far, far away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder why he didn’t just have the surgery in late November when his season ended ? He didn’t play in the bowl game. 

Same reason shaq probably didn't - probably his agent hoping dr's dont see it and you can get through the draft process and maximize your value up front.  Having a post season surgery probably pushes him down boards as team's wont be certain they can be as much of a year 1 contributor.

15 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Rashan Gary, meet the second round. Second round, Rashan Gary...

Yeah - i still think he makes it in the first.  The last 2 major injury guys to fall like that were jaylon smith and myles jack that one year (both had more major injuries)- and both turned into solid pros.  Neither is a primary pass rusher though - which tends to provide more value.

Edited by dneveu