Rashan Gary has torn labrum and will need surgery at some point

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder why he didn’t just have the surgery in late November when his season ended ? He didn’t play in the bowl game. 

I almost wonder if he didn’t know how severe it was and wanted to finish his season OR was afraid of what it would do to his draft stock to put it out there 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I almost wonder if he didn’t know how severe it was and wanted to finish his season OR was afraid of what it would do to his draft stock to put it out there 

He did finish his season though. His last game was the third weekend in November. Sat out the bowl game. He must have thought he didn’t need surgery but it seems like we see guys play through this and they always need the surgery eventually  (ie Shaq, Zay Jones is his rookie year ). He got bad advice imo because the docs will always flag it. 

Assuming this is true, and combining this information with his reported score of 9 on the Wonderlic, I would pass.  Seems like the kind of thing that could knock him pretty far down in the first round (or even out of the first round), if true.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did finish his season though. His last game was the third weekend in November. Sat out the bowl game. He must have thought he didn’t need surgery but it seems like we see guys play through this and they always need the surgery eventually  (ie Shaq, Zay Jones is his rookie year ). He got bad advice imo because the docs will always flag it. 

That’s what I meant, 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder why he didn’t just have the surgery in late November when his season ended ? He didn’t play in the bowl game. 

Preparation for his job interview? 

Just now, K-9 said:

Preparation for his job interview? 

Jerry Tillery had same thing and elected to have the surgery. Seems to me that teams would rather a player come in already repaired even if still rehabbing, because they will play sooner. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Jerry Tillery had same thing and elected to have the surgery. Seems to me that teams would rather a player come in already repaired even if still rehabbing, because they will play sooner. 

I agree. 

Lots of injuries on the D-Line front.  It could make for some really big steals at the back-end of the 1st Round/top of the 2nd.

Jeffery Simmons was probably a Top 5 pick before the ACL injury.

Montez Sweat was a Top 10 lock.  Now he's got a heart condition.

Jerry Tillery was an early 1st Rounder, then needed shoulder surgery.

Until this, Rashan Gary was generally considered a Top 10 pick as well.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maybe whoever drafts him can hire Benny Hinn to ‘HEAL!’ Gary?

I never heard of Hinn until my brother was a chef at exclusive resort hotel, that was its own island.  Rooms went for something like $500-$5000 a night.  Hinn rented the whole hotel, and all hotel staff was given lots of instruction- don’t look him in eye, etc.  my brother called me and said “ who the hell is benny Hinn?” What a scumbag Hinn is!!!!