Carolina & Houston looking to trade up.

PIZ

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

Yes let’s move to 16.

There are a reported 15 blue chip prospects in this draft,so it would be just like the Bills to move to 16.

Of course, that number is subjective and there are alwYs reaches.

I hope we stay at 9 and pick any other position except for QB, RB and TE.

Your quoting a GM who traded their 17th pick Haha.  

Swap 1s for Clowney.  Pick the best pass catcher.  Fant, Metcalf or Butler.  That would be a big win.  

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

No matter what happens, I look forward to the FIRE BEANE and OBD blows it again BUST threads... The overreaction of not trading or trading and not picking all the boards professional scouted draftees is always very entertaining 

Me too!  I always find it entertaining to read the posts from people who don't have access to the scouting and medical information on draft prospects.  Yet they are absolutely sold on either drafting or passing on an individual.  Trades always elicit overreactions good or bad mostly based on emotional opinion.  Fortunately, this forum has a significant number of contributors that provide good insight based on research and knowledge of the game.  I enjoy ready their posts as opposed to the ones from the fire everybody crowd.

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

Yes let’s move to 16.

There are a reported 15 blue chip prospects in this draft,so it would be just like the Bills to move to 16.

This!

We have QB talent in the second year of his contract with an embarrassment of cap space.

Stay put and get the best O lineman or trade down a COUPLE picks and do the same. 

Carolina has never given Cam what he needs at line or skill position and Cam’s health is a testament to it.

The only trade I want to see is back up into the first to get a second starter and keep our second.

If we come away with a ten year Tackle and a starting TE/WR and a D lineman with those 3 picks I’m happy.

We don’t need more picks. We don’t need to be cute. We need to make hay, as the grass isn’t going to be greener than it is now.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

s (yet I don't like taking an OT with what we've done in UFA). 

If we we get one more above average to all pro level O lineament to go with what we have , JA is out in a better position than most young QBs. Some of those free agents are scrubs.

We get this O cranking and this staff can coach up the D and we have a perennial playoff team.

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

Just get N'Keal Harry on this team however it makes sense to do it. 

Yes please!!! He’s going to be the best WR in this class. 

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Swap firsts with Houston for Clowney.

This I would be all for. Would still be able to potentially get your hands on Fant or Hockenson. Wilkins or Lawrence. And you’d already have your DE 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dlonce said:

Yes let’s move to 16.

So let me help you with your panic math...lets say there are 15 blue chip prospects.  Guess what, none of them are QB's yet 2 to 3 could go in top 15.  So that would still leave several blue chips on the board at 16.

Lets also add in a couple blue chips could fall out of top 15...Sweat, Gary, and certainly Simmons.  So, 100% for sure there will not only be a blue chip on the board at 16, but there will be multiple.  

One more fun fact:  Blue chips bust rate isnt really any lower than "non" blue chip prospects in the first round.  Media darlings and fans with a fraction of the info scouts and GM's have decide who the "blue chips" are every year and they are wrong a LOT more than they are right.  

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed. In my mind -- and I could be way off -- if Oliver or Quinnen isn't there, they look to move down. Since I don't expect either guy to be there, I expect a trade down.

Seattle could be a dance partner now...? I'm still looking at Taylor at nine.

Edited by Misterbluesky

11 hours ago, PIZ said:

Down to 16 sounds ok, but to trade down to Houston initially (23), that seems like a steep drop.

Still a lot of good players at 16 and could still trade down again to Houston if they were still looking to trade up. Also, Hock might be there at 16... :)

7 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At that point we would need to throw in something else as compensation. It'd be something like 9, 112, &181 for 23, 54, & 55.

Ok, didn't realize Houston had 2 2nd round picks.  I think getting those 2's would be worth it.  We could use our later picks to move up in the 2nd to get the players we want...

7 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At that point we would need to throw in something else as compensation. It'd be something like 9, 112, &181 for 23, 54, & 55.

team moving up pays a premium. 23 to 9 will cost them both 2nd rnd picks straight up, 1470 to get 1350. 9% premium.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

team moving up pays a premium. 23 to 9 will cost them both 2nd rnd picks straight up, 1470 to get 1350. 9% premium.

Always, except when they don't. I put together a post last year with all the trade rumors flying around about why the JJ chart doesn't really work any more and the Rich Hill chart that was based off of actual draft day trades is much more applicable.

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

If the team moving up ALWAYS pays a premium, then it's not really a premium?  Isn't that the new normal and the calculation should be adjusted as such?

It's like when a call centre is permanently "experiencing higher than normal call volumes".

• Like (+1) 1