Carolina & Houston looking to trade up.

PIZ

2 hours ago, eball said:

Fasten your seatbelts...I think Thursday is going to be fun.  I refuse to believe anything I've heard but I expect a lot of activity.

I’ll be in a full-blown harness with an ejector button.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

So if the Bills were to trade down with Carolina, swapping #9 for #16 and #47, do the Bills turn around and package their own 2nd rd pick (#40) and #47 to move back into the 1st round?

I would push all my chips in and call the bet..... takes a partner but you know Beane will be working the phone 

4 hours ago, eball said:

Fasten your seatbelts...I think Thursday is going to be fun.  I refuse to believe anything I've heard but I expect a lot of activity.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don’t believe you.

I don't believe that you don't believe him.  I think this is all misdirection.

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes let’s move to 16.

There are a reported 15 blue chip prospects in this draft,so it would be just like the Bills to move to 16.

Of course, that number is subjective and there are alwYs reaches.

I hope we stay at 9 and pick any other position except for QB, RB and TE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Nah.  If they traded all the way down to 23 they better get more than one pick.  

I meant Carolina (16) or Atlanta (14). Any trade with Houston would definitely have to be for more than a 2nd. I doubt they trade out of the top 20.

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

So if the Bills were to trade down with Carolina, swapping #9 for #16 and #47, do the Bills turn around and package their own 2nd rd pick (#40) and #47 to move back into the 1st round?

I would hate that tbh. There's no difference between the 20th pick and the 47th pick in this Draft. Rather get two good players then the one good player.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If it's Houston I'm looking for 23, 54, and a 2020 2nd at least.

Or 23, 54 and 55

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I meant Carolina (16) or Atlanta (14). Any trade with Houston would definitely have to be for more than a 2nd. I doubt they trade out of the top 20.

Gotcha.  I could see them dealing with Houston.  Could Clowney be involved in that deal?  ???

I really think a Carolina trade back is the direction Beane wants to go, unless something shocking happens like Q. Williams or Josh Allen slips to 9.  I think it's a replay of 2017, with Christian Wilkins the guy they want to drop back and get.  Wilkins has a lot of parallels with Tre White:  Leader, winner, four-year starter who excelled at the top level of competition, will be a day one starter.  I think Jonah Williams or Metcalf are also a possibility if they are available at 16 or at 9 if he can't swing a trade down.  Problem is, more teams seem to want to trade back than want to trade up.    

• Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing the Texans would be coming up for a premiere OT. The Panthers for an edge guy.

I'd be willing to bet that when it's all said and done, the Bills will trade down with either the Texans or Panthers. Doesn't feel like the Bills will be picking at 9. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

It's either that or 23 and Clowney.

Man. 23 and Clowney for 9 would be awesome. 

I'd even throw in a 4th rounder or something.

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Trade down from #9 to #16 and target Christian Wilkins or TJ Hockinson.

Trade up from #40 and target Jerry Tillery/Jeffery Simmons or Noah Fant.

If Hock is there at #9 and Oliver is gone than I take Hock. If both are gone then I move down and take Wilkins or Fant or maybe Sweat or maybe one of the OTs (yet I don't like taking an OT with what we've done in UFA). 

Edited by The Jokeman

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm guessing the Texans would be coming up for a premiere OT. The Panthers for an edge guy.

I'd be willing to bet that when it's all said and done, the Bills will trade down with either the Texans or Panthers. Doesn't feel like the Bills will be picking at 9. 

Man. 23 and Clowney for 9 would be awesome. 

I'd even throw in a 4th rounder or something.

Yep, but I think the Bills have someone they want at 9. If he’s gone, then a trade happens. If not, they stay.

Just like the Broncos last year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yep, but I think the Bills have someone they want at 9. If he’s gone, then a trade happens. If not, they stay.

Just like the Broncos last year.

Agreed. In my mind -- and I could be way off -- if Oliver or Quinnen isn't there, they look to move down. Since I don't expect either guy to be there, I expect a trade down.

• Like (+1) 1