Who are the Bills' most likely picks at 9? (Excellent Cover 1 article, now unlocked)

Logic

I am thinking both Hockenson and Oliver will both be gone by the time it is the Bills turn to draft. I think the Bills go the safe route and select Jonah Williams at #9. Nothing flashy but a safe selection. 

I think there will be a run on D-line. Key will be Cardinals at #1 and Raiders at #4. If both Murray and another QB like Lock go top# 5 who knows with the Raiders and the rumors of a surprise selection. Does that now force the Giants to take a QB earlier than they wanted to. That will be the only way I see one of the top d-line prospects falling to the Bills.

Edited by billieve420

11 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I am thinking both Hockenson and Oliver will both be gone by the time it is the Bills turn to draft. I think the Bills go the safe route and select Jonah Williams at #9. Nothing flashy but a safe selection. 

I think there will be a run on D-line. Key will be Cardinals at #1 and Raiders at #4. If both Murray and another QB like Lock go top# 5 who knows with the Raiders and the rumors of a surprise selection. Does that now force the Giants to take a QB earlier than they wanted to. That will be the only way I see one of the top d-line prospects falling to the Bills.

I don't see a TE going in the top 10 unless it is a prioritized position for a team. 

Edit: for the record, yes I like Hock. TE talent can be found across the rounds:

Gronk (RD2), Ebron stunk in Detroit (not worth the first), Kittle (RD 5), Ertz (RD2), Cook (RD3) etc.  

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

My biggest thing is that they have to finish the offense before making luxury picks like back to back MLB in round 1. The first window to win with a "franchise" QB is when he's on his rookie deal and you can pay him peanuts and throw money around elsewhere. If that's where they think they are with Allen, they better make sure he's got every piece around him to start winning games. They only have a limited window before version one of the team has to be broken up and retooled to afford Allen's first raise.

Generally agree, but a dominant defense can be part of not asking him to do tooooo much ala Wilson and kaepernick squaring off back in the day. 

You also still have alllll that extra cash to spend on offense right now. Could even utilize some midrounders traded for established vets on pricy deals.

Really my biggest knock on it is would we pay both guys if heaven forbid they are both beasts down the line. 1st world problem there though.