What are your plans for watching the draft?

4 hours ago, teef said:

i still hate the newer format.  the saturday draft was just too good.  we would have a crew of 15 plus people come over, start grilling early, and then it would get ugly.  by late in the afternoon, we'd all be fighting each other.  the thursday first round still doesn't sit well with me.

that being said, i may get home a bit late to watch the first round with my shirt off.  

Yep. The Saturday draft was the titz.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Having a few close friends over to the house for beer, wings and Leonardi's pizza.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

If I ever lived close enough, I don't think I'd have any interest in standing around outside watching the draft(maybe for part of the 1st round).   OTOH, give me a seat at Radio City Music Hall(or wherever it was held in NYC), a draft magazine, and my phone with internet, and I'd be there for all 3 days.

In the meantime, I am happy watching all 3 days on TV....and actually prefer that it is Thu-Sat instead of Sat-Sun.

Edited by LabattBlue

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know some people are heading to Nashville...

I’m headed to a big draft party for Day 2 Friday night but Day 1 on Thursday is going to be at home, like a game day food-wise. And i need to watch round 1 without having to talk to people. 

Im going to sit in a room put on the NFL channel and stare at a screen that says tvpromise.com until the draft comes on. :(

I'm off all week! ? Normally I'd have to work Friday, so usually I'll make it through the first half of the first round and then track the rest on my phone from bed. 

Going big this year though! Since I don't have to make it to work on Friday, I'll probably watch the first half and track the rest on my phone from bed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just left nashville....it’s a huge production! I can’t imagine how packed and crazy it’ll be. They’re predicting 300,000 people coming into town. It’s already insane without the draft going on.

Im sure it’ll be a really cool experience though. I’ll be watching from Buffalo!

Nothing too special - but more “game day” in terms of snack and drink choices.

This feels like a BIG draft for our Bills.  We got the QB, dumped some big contracts and cap eaters, and filled a lot of holes/depth in FA.  The draft is the icing in the cake - sort of the culmination of the process.

Just giddy with anticipation right now. It feels a little like Christmas.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know some people are heading to Nashville...

I’m headed to a big draft party for Day 2 Friday night but Day 1 on Thursday is going to be at home, like a game day food-wise. And i need to watch round 1 without having to talk to people. 

I've been eating clean,lost some weight and my blood draw was "pretty clean".

It's been years since I had a Big Mac..

My bride will get me..two big macs,a large order of salted french fries and a chocolate milk skake. Also..a 6 pack of Miller beer in bottles.

That's all I want.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I've been eating clean,lost some weight and my blood draw was "pretty clean".

It's been years since I had a Big Mac..

My bride will get me..two big macs,a large order of salted french fries and a chocolate milk skake. Also..a 6 pack of Miller beer in bottles.

That's all I want.

Good call—I’m with you, have been eating very healthy in 2019 and been dropping lbs, getting cholesterol under control. But Thursday night might require a juicy burger washed down with a cold Yuengling, all while parked in front of the home telly. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Good call—I’m with you, have been eating very healthy in 2019 and been dropping lbs, getting cholesterol under control. But Thursday night might require a juicy burger washed down with a cold Yuengling, all while parked in front of the home telly. 

We can't deny ourselves,everyday ,of things we truly enjoy.Life sucks without some kind of pleasures.

Keep up the solid, dedicated work on your health...nothing wrong with one day of cheating!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’ll be missing it in favor of an Antiques Roadshow marathon. Gonna be some great stuff on late 17th century colonial needlepoint works. Absolutely captivating. 

The needlepoint is a reach! Better value in treading up for the Ming dynasty vase!

• Haha (+1) 1