What are your plans for watching the draft?

Ordering my favorite pizza in the world, the DeFino from Scottie's Pizza.

scotties-1200x900.jpg

Pairing it with some Disco Ninja Hazy IPA from Revision Brewing out of Nevada

revision-disco-ninja-4pack-cans_2048x204

And my favorite strain, Tangie Biscotti (I live in Oregon. No broken laws here)

tangiebiscottiGreenworksDistribution.jpg

And uh...yeah. That's about it. Should be a good time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Going to my local bar.  There’s a private room for the bar owner and his friends.  They play poker and watch the LV knights games there. I know a bartender there and he reserved it for us.  3 TVs in there so we can watch multiple stations and the nba playoffs.

i had open heart surgery 5 weeks ago and this is my first night out with the boys.  Really been looking forward to it. 

God Speed, NewEra!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wow draft parties and private rooms reserved!? My friends seem pretty lame after reading this. They really aren't that into the draft and they think I'm a nerd for how pumped I get for it. I usually just order a pizza and break out the scotch and a cigar. One of my favorite days of the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

What building is the draft in? It doesn’t matter anymore because I’m not going, but I’m curious. I guess the conference center. I love Nashville! My buddy going up who said “IT’S IN THE ROAD!” made me laugh!

It's pretty much going to be in the street.  It's at the end of Broadway by the River.  I'm steering clear of anything downtown Thursday.  Do you know where the Hard Rock Cafe is at the end of Broadway and you look out over the River and there is Nissan Stadium?  The Draft Stage is going to be dead center right there as you face the River and Nissan Stadium.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

It's pretty much going to be in the street.  It's at the end of Broadway by the River.  I'm steering clear of anything downtown Thursday.

Wise move! My first trip to town years ago they had 80,000 people in the street for an NRA convention, with big name country bands at both ends of the street. LOUD!!! If you go into any place along Broadway to escape the crowds and noise.....it’s just MORE crowded and even louder! I learned to sneak into hotels until my ears stopped ringing. 

I can’t wait to see the structure they build. I mean, what if you get really nasty weather??? 

4 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

Wow draft parties and private rooms reserved!? My friends seem pretty lame after reading this. They really aren't that into the draft and they think I'm a nerd for how pumped I get for it. I usually just order a pizza and break out the scotch and a cigar. One of my favorite days of the year. 

We are draft crazy in Ohio, not everyone is. My friends in Cali think we are nuts. I think it’s the combination of being really into college football too. Problem with my draft party is it’s all Browns, bengals and Steelers fans. One saints fan who was a Katrina refugee. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

You’re not a nerd because you get pumped for the draft! 

There are other reasons for that! 

?

It is indeed a great day!  (I just wish it was 2 instead of 3)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Banished to the basement (as usual) here in Cincinnati. My family doesn't care nearly as much as I do. They'll hear me yelling though, like the time the Bengals helped the bills into the playoffs. Local wife still a Bengals fan... been a battle trying to get my kids see the light... 18 yr old loves Luck, so lost him, but still a chance with 13 yr old daughter who initially got excited during bills games, but she loved Tyrod and is mad at Bills. I tried to explain,  .... but it's not working, so far. Still holding out hope for her. Regardless, lots of beer will be my friends. Probably 12 Sam Adams friends Thursday night. 

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

scotties-1200x900.jpg

You win...

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

scotties-1200x900.jpg

Getting high just looking at that hairy bastard

• Haha (+1) 1

Tradition w a high school friend...alternate whose house we watch at, but beers and order wings!

Just now, Dougy84 said:

Tradition w a high school friend...alternate whose house we watch at, but beers and order wings!

Should have said a friend since middle school, that we've upheld since high school!

16 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Chillin at the crib... Already gave the wife a heads up not to bother me... Unless blood is coming out of someone's skin I am to be left alone... If a band aid can fix it, don't bother me...

My wife is out of town from early tomorrow until Sunday. I do have a sister visiting, but she gets it just like my wife gets it. It’s the draft. I will be doing MY thing.

Our oldest son was only days old and my wife left me alone with him for the first time. I think she was pretty nervous and came home early. She came in to find us alone, in front of the TV, as I explained to him how the draft worked and what the Bills needed in 1989. Precious memories! 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Snoring. My semi-retirement gig is 3 day/wk, 3rd shift gate security @ The Players Championship golf course. Sweet gig, really.

Works out well. I’ll just wake up and start banning people losing their shart on the pick.

Life is good.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My sister, tall and thin who never smoked and walked the dog miles every day, had a quadruple bypass in her mid 50’s. Never saw THAT coming. Very small family history other than parents, who just had high BP. My only aunt/uncle did die of a heart attack probably in his 60’s. I’ve taken up my sister’s routine of trying to get 10,000 steps/day. That’s a lot more than I thought it would be! 

Anyways, I’m sure you realize some teams have taken you off the board. 

Strange lives we live.  Heredity, exercise and diet.  2 things we have total control of and the other we are dealt. 

Keep up with the 10k steps a day if you can.  It’s a tough pill to swallow unless work involves a lot of walking.  Luckily for me, I walk between 13k and 28k a day.  I’m settling for an hour on the treadmill each day a until I can resume work in june

i appreciate the well wishes from everyone. ?

• Like (+1) 2