What are your plans for watching the draft?

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’ll be missing it in favor of an Antiques Roadshow marathon. Gonna be some great stuff on late 17th century colonial needlepoint works. Absolutely captivating. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well at least stop by here at some point for the outrage 

If you do, just stay away from any needle points...

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Going to my local bar.  There’s a private room for the bar owner and his friends.  They play poker and watch the LV knights games there. I know a bartender there and he reserved it for us.  3 TVs in there so we can watch multiple stations and the nba playoffs.

i had open heart surgery 5 weeks ago and this is my first night out with the boys.  Really been looking forward to it. 

Jesus man, way to bring reality into things and make me reflect on life....

But seriously, glad things are well

Just now, Augie said:

Wow! Prayers for a speedy recovery and a long and healthy life! Puts sports in perspective but..........GO BILLS! 

Thanks my friend.  I made an appointment with a cardiologist out of the blue strictly because of heart disease in my family.  No pain or anything.  After a couple tests, they saw that my left artery was 95% clogged and 2 others 80%!  Once they opened my up, they saw 2 more that needed a graft, so I had a Quintuple bypass.  Crazy.  5 weeks later, I feel really good.  On the treadmill everyday getting stronger.  Missing work really sucks, but I’ll take being alive ??

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For real.  I was going to make a thread and ask for prayers while everything was going down, but didn’t want a pity party. Maybe I do now? Lol.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For real.  I was going to make a thread and ask for prayers while everything was going down, but didn’t want a pity party. Maybe I do now? Lol.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Thanks my friend.  I made an appointment with a cardiologist out of the blue strictly because of heart disease in my family.  No pain or anything.  After a couple tests, they saw that my left artery was 95% clogged and 2 others 80%!  Once they opened my up, they saw 2 more that needed a graft, so I had a Quintuple bypass.  Crazy.  5 weeks later, I feel really good.  On the treadmill everyday getting stronger.  Missing work really sucks, but I’ll take being alive ??

Great news mate about the recovery.... that sounds like an ordeal but glad to hear you are progressing well...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wow, that’s amazing. Good for you for being proactive ....

• Like (+1) 1

My buddy is going up with pals. I asked “what’s the deal with tickets?” He said “Nuthin’, it’s in the street!” Huh? I thought about it but I’m not going up to stand on Broadway with a bunch of people more drunk than me! I want to be, you know....INSIDE. 

My wife has to be there next weekend for a funeral. Couldn’t find a decent hotel under $500/night. She will stay with friends. I heard they expect 100k people. 

Bills backers have an event at their Atlanta bars, but I may just watch at home. I have a sister visiting, so I’d rather not ditch her, leaving her at my home by herself. I’m not a great person, but I’m not a HORRIBLE person! (Though if she was curious to see the Bills bar....) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All the best -stay well. ^_^

• Thank you (+1) 1

My plans are not conducive to following along this year, which is a bummer but c'est la vie. I'll be visiting family in the pancake/swamp of Florida on Thursday, then driving all day Friday up north for a wedding. Hope I can find it on the radio.

Just now, NickelCity said:

My plans are not conducive to following along this year, which is a bummer but c'est la vie. I'll be visiting family in the pancake/swamp of Florida on Thursday, then driving all day Friday up north for a wedding. Hope I can find it on the radio.

That’s my Saturday. Wedding. Going to be tough to tune in but recording it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted to get tickets but I moved away from town.  I used to live on Charlotte Ave, but now I live out in the country.  But for anyone coming to Nashville, just be mindful that the Preds are in the playoffs so you'll have that going on and there's like 12 other events going on downtown in addition to the draft.  Good luck getting in and out of downtown.  That's one of the biggest reasons I just said screw it.  I'd have to drive another 45 mins home after trying to get from downtown for around an 1hr and 30 mins to 2 hours.  No thanks.

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

My buddy is going up with pals. I asked “what’s the deal with tickets?” He said “Nuthin’, it’s in the street!” Huh? I thought about it but I’m not going up to stand on Broadway with a bunch of people more drunk than me! I want to be, you know....INSIDE. 

My wife has to be there next weekend for a funeral. Couldn’t find a decent hotel under $500/night. She will stay with friends. I heard they expect 100k people

Bills backers have an event at their Atlanta bars, but I may just watch at home. I have a sister visiting, so I’d rather not ditch her, leaving her at my home by herself. I’m not a great person, but I’m not a HORRIBLE person! (Though if she was curious to see the Bills bar....) 

This is way low from the numbers I saw in the paper this morning.  For the draft alone they had over 235, 000.  Then you have close to 25/30k for the Preds game, which is almost right across the street.

Edited by NewEraBills

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My sister, tall and thin who never smoked and walked the dog miles every day, had a quadruple bypass in her mid 50’s. Never saw THAT coming. Very small family history other than parents, who just had high BP. My only aunt/uncle did die of a heart attack probably in his 60’s. I’ve taken up my sister’s routine of trying to get 10,000 steps/day. That’s a lot more than I thought it would be! 

Anyways, I’m sure you realize some teams have taken you off the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

This is way low from the numbers I saw in the paper this morning.  For the draft alone they had over 235, 000.  Then you have close to 25/30k for the Preds game, which is almost right across the street.

What building is the draft in? It doesn’t matter anymore because I’m not going, but I’m curious. I guess the conference center. I love Nashville! My buddy going up who said “IT’S IN THE ROAD!” made me laugh!

Will be at a draft watch party with the Austin Bills Backers at our bar, which is my usual draft routine.

Will likely be listening some to either wgr550 or hashtag sports for Bills coverage.

Looking forward to the draft.

Last year Baker Mayfield was with his family watching the draft at a place about a block from our Bills bar. If Buffalo had wound up drafting him a group of us were going to go welcome him to the Bills.

Also, when they were about to announce Buffalo's draft pick one of the Bills fans yelled out "Anybody except Josh Allen!" Lol.