Why TJ Hockenson at 9

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry.  You don't pick at TE at 9.  Ever.  TE's are not game changers.  A nine pick should contribute a hell of a lot more than 99% of TEs ever will.

I’m struggling with this logic. 

Which positions are acceptable at 9?

I could Make an argument that every position (except QB, DE and ILB) is too early to pick at 9. 

Wouldnt you take Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Gronk, Shannon Sharpe at 9???

yes - these are the greatest of all time...

Is Hock a SPECIAL player?  More special than Wilkins or Burns or Gary?  I think so....

is he in a position of need? Definitely. 

Im thrilled with the pick of they make it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

REAL QUESTION:

WHY ANOTHER TJ HOCKENSON AT 9 THREAD?  This is like one of at least 4 or 5 threads of the same title.  And they have been on here consistently for weeks.  Why another one to say the exact same thing?

Both your question and mine are real questions, but mine seems more relevant to this thread.  

24 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Not game changers?  Not much in Buffalo, but of course there have been many.

In the grand scheme of things, not many.  And most game-changing TEs were parts of great teams.  I just don't see a TE being the difference in many Bills wins.  

17 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Both your question and mine are real questions, but mine seems more relevant to this thread.  

Honestly didn't quite follow your reply...what is your more relevant "question" you were referencing?  I read your post, just didn't see a question, so not sure if I just missed something.  

Guess I just didn't understand why you started this thread instead of just participating in the identical threads on the home page.  All good, I suspect this will get locked or merged here soon though by the mods.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly didn't quite follow your reply...what is your more relevant "question" you were referencing?  I read your post, just didn't see a question, so not sure if I just missed something.  

Guess I just didn't understand why you started this thread instead of just participating in the identical threads on the home page.  All good, I suspect this will get locked or merged here soon though by the mods.

Check out the Cover 1 thread - he has Hock as well and really detailed out all of the visits and meetings . Damn dude, tough to figure this one out this year

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Check out the Cover 1 thread - he has Hock as well and really detailed out all of the visits and meetings . Damn dude, tough to figure this one out this year

Yeah read that...going to be a very interesting and entertaining draft with so many question marks not only for the Bills, but on so many teams.  Top 10 is all a wildcard right now and what was the only "sure" bet was Murray to Cards and some fluff coming out disputing that too now.  So who knows, will be a fun ride

• Like (+1) 1