The 5th Round Pick from AJ McCarron

Rigotz

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

How are you guys feeling about the trade now?

Seems like at the time, some of you were extremely angry about the trade. I recall seeing "fire Beane" all over the boards.

Would you rather have the 5th round pick in this year's draft or AJ McCarron? (who did not re-sign with the team that traded for him)

First of all at the time the plan was and (correct me if I’m wrong ) for Allen to sit and learn possibly for the entire season 

( like KC did with Mahomes ) 

so yes at the time people were right to be angry ? , who else did we have besides the 

5 pick Peterman ? 

But I don’t remember anyone calling for McBean to be fired over a career backup QB , 

but then again with some of the members we have on here wouldn’t surprise me 

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Seems like at the time, some of you were extremely angry about the trade. I recall seeing "fire Beane" all over the boards.

Would you rather have the 5th round pick in this year's draft or AJ McCarron? (who did not re-sign with the team that traded for him)

Havent really thought about it much since to be honest..

If they use the pick and get someone like Milano I will be happy...

If they use it to acquire someone like Kolby Listenbee I will be pretty meh...

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure most of that anger was because Peterman remained on the roster.

Nonetheless , a helluva trade. Not sure how Beane pulled that off. We got slot of Ammo heading into Thurs. I think he'll be wheeling and dealing all 3 days. 

You know what else I like more and more? The Star signing. We got a starting DT for the next 4 yrs who is a valuable piece to this Defense and scheme

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My undying hatred for the player has never wavered. He is, without question, the worst player to ever put on a Bills uniform. Some people will say “that’s harsh” or “not true” but he is statistically the worst player to ever play the most important position in the game. He’s the worst, 2nd worst is up for debate...

I suppose being the worst is better than the 2nd worst.  People will remember Peterman.  I liked the guy, even though he was awful.   Didn't really like him playing, but still hope he gets in and finds it as a backup game-manager type.  

2 hours ago, Augie said:

It all goes to show how misleading preseason can be. Getting a draft pick for AJ looks like a magic trick now. 

But you were firm from the beginning on Mr Peterman. 

It was hard to dismiss Peterman as he was killing it in the preseason. That said not having a veteran to back him up might have been foolish but then again we got to see Josh and as much as doubted him he proved me wrong last season that he was just as ready to play as any other rookie QB.

The title of this thread led me to believe that AJ McCarron would be announcing our 5th round pick.  That would be newsworthy.  

Let's see if McCarron can generate draft action like Matt Cassel, who accounted for Bills' picks in 3 straight drafts:

• 2015 draft:  No. 137: Buffalo → Minnesota (PD). Buffalo traded this selection and their seventh round selection in 2016 (240th) to Minnesota in exchange for quarterback Matt Cassel and...
  • 2016 draft: ...Minnesota's sixth round selection (187th)
  • 2017 draft:  No. 171: Dallas → Buffalo (PD). Dallas traded a fifth-round selection to Buffalo in exchange for Buffalo's seventh-round selection and quarterback Matt Cassel

And with that #171 pick, the Bills selected... Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I suppose being the worst is better than the 2nd worst.  People will remember Peterman.  I liked the guy, even though he was awful.   Didn't really like him playing, but still hope he gets in and finds it as a backup game-manager type.  

I guess that’s kind of my issue with him. He actually performed worse than any QB ever. As far as I am concerned he is less deserving of another chance than any QB. I feel way worse for guys like Thad Lewis and TJ Yates that have shown some level of competency. I cheer for Peterman to be the heir apparent to Tom Brady.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My undying hatred for the player has never wavered. He is, without question, the worst player to ever put on a Bills uniform. Some people will say “that’s harsh” or “not true” but he is statistically the worst player to ever play the most important position in the game. He’s the worst, 2nd worst is up for debate...

So you're saying there's a chance Peterman becomes a franchise QB at some point for some NFL team?  Gotcha. 

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Im more disappointed in this post then I ever was for the trade.

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

OMG the early season freakouts were both hilarious and over the top annoying all at the same time.  It still blows my mind how many people couldn't actually see what was going on and believed the 2018 offense was McD and Beanes final offensive plan hahahahaha.  Priceless.  

7 hours ago, Georgie said:

He was released by Raiders

Peterman is still there isnt he.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess that’s kind of my issue with him. He actually performed worse than any QB ever. As far as I am concerned he is less deserving of another chance than any QB. I feel way worse for guys like Thad Lewis and TJ Yates that have shown some level of competency. I cheer for Peterman to be the heir apparent to Tom Brady.

I want him completing TD passes to whatever guy is covering AB.

25 minutes ago, teef said:

him too!

Yes, but the odds say, it's unlikely.  All I'm saying is no one should be full of Glee or think that Beane stole anything by receiving a 5th rounder for McCarron. That's just silly talk. As well as no one should have been pissed McCarron was traded. 

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

Edited by MacGyver