Chase Winovich - DE...2nd Round

I heard the PFF guys talking him up a couple weeks ago on Sirius/NFL channel as one of the best at his position.  Is he worth a 2nd round pick, or is he just another “high motor guy” who tries hard but doesn’t get the results to match the effort?

I don't think the value is there this year to take him at 40, for instance. Our FO has certainly leaned towards talent and a high ceiling early, but they also chose Zay Jones in the second whom wasn't really a high ceiling type. Based on what I see in this year's class I think the first 2 selections are going to be athletically gifted, and then we'll start compromising a bit in the name of process oriented types.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Haven't we already used our 2nd on Andy Isabella?

I hope not. We already have him on the roster. His name is Cole Beasley. 

And... we could wait until the 4th to draft him 

Fairburn's mock in today's Athletic...

Round 3, Pick 74

Chase Winovich, defensive end, Michigan

The Bills still need long-term help at defensive end. Shaq Lawson and Jerry Hughes are both entering contract years, while Trent Murphy remains a question mark due to injuries. Chase Winovich performed well at the combine, showing that his athletic traits match the impressive production he had at Michigan. Depending on how the Bills view him, he could either play defensive end or the SAM linebacker role currently occupied by Lorenzo Alexander.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

He's a solid 3rd rounder in my eyes. I'd prefer Jaylon Ferguson in the 2nd

after ed oliver in the 1st with ferguson then oshane ximines in the mid rds. and maxx crosby with a 5th....omg

believe me, with all this fo has done in free agency, they realize(d) that this draft is all set up for them to build a kick ass defense.