Raiders looking to surprise at #4 - what Kickers are available?

Just now, dje85 said:

He'd be a number three there. They signed Tyrell Williams and traded for he who shall not be named. Heck he might even be a fringe fourth wr there if they drafted him since the Raiders drafted Marcell Ateman last year. 

Good call. Forgot about that.  They won’t draft him. 

Raiders Rumors: Jon Gruden Loves Kyler Murray, Not Derek Carr, Says Todd McShay

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832514-raiders-rumors-jon-gruden-loves-kyler-murray-not-derek-carr-says-todd-mcshay

"Jon Gruden loves Kyler Murray, I'm told. And does not necessarily love Derek Carr, I'm told, which is going to be the interesting thing to see," ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay said on Monday's episode of Get Up! "It may not play out in this draft, but I think at some point it's going to come to an end between Carr and Jon Gruden, from what I hear."

Edited by wppete

16 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

Carr has been inconsistent/erratic, but he's still better than what I think Murray will be.  Just my opinion.

Also, as a side note, Gruden appears to be imploding the Raiders (which isn't a bad thing).

Carr has been almost fascinating to me .  He was an MVP candidate in 2016 , on a Raider team that was expected to be legit SB contenders and then suffered that horrific injury in week 16. 

He and the Raiders been basically all down hill since then . I guess it was the injury, I'm not sure , but I'm fascinated how much worse he has been since Week 16 of 2016. Again, a legit MVP candidate , 2 years later and alot of folks don't even consider him a Franchise QB. Very intriguing player and situation. 

And yes , Gruden has been cringe worthy up to this point. Just makes me appreciate McBeane that much more , seeing how bad these coaches/gm combos are working out. Think we struck gold with these 2 and they'll be in Buffalo for a long time

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WMDman said:

ive never bought into az picking kyler

To me it makes little sense as Beane might a great argument in drafting QBs, he mentioned getting a guy that can in multiple offenses as you can't guarantee your OC going to be with your team long term and to me Rosen has more flexibility in terms of offense. I'm not sold on Murray and if I were them I'd go Bosa..

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/8992506

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are considering "some sort of surprise pick" at No. 4 overall that would "necessitate absolute secrecy."

Per Rapoport, a pick that "we are not expecting" seems to be in the offing. Forced to speculate on who that might be, Rapsheet mentioned LSU LB Devin White, a quarterback or offensive lineman. The Raiders, who are still looking to replace Khalil Mack, are in a defensive line-rich part of the board, but coach Jon Gruden has made it clear he is listening to no one but himself. Gruden is fast developing into the second coming of Al Davis.

Edit: Seriously though sending all scouts home. I wonder if they did in fact work out a trade with ARZ to get Murray and are looking to move Carr...

It wouldn't surprise me if they replace Carr so they can make a big splash for their move to Vegas.  With Chuckie, who knows for sure.  I still believe that there is a good chance AZ takes Murray and trades Rosen to the Giants for their high second round pick.  I've read in several different forums that AZ has been offered second round picks by a couple of different teams.  But again, nobody knows for sure.  That's why the televised draft is so entertaining to watch.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Been thinking this for a few weeks.  They may move up to #1 for Murray.  But the one that makes the most sense to me is moving up to #2 to take Bosa, 49ers move down to #4 and take Devin White. 

Fred warmer and Kwon Alexander are both 3 down LBs.  Give me the best DL available