Who has never watched game of thrones?

mead107

7 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Thanks - I used to be a member, but haven’t visited the history museum in quite a while (I still call it by it’s old name -The Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society!).

Sounds like I’m due - maybe I’ll wander down this afternoon.

Pics or it never happened.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

At first I thought that it was as bad as you think, like most HBO shows it's only maybe 8-12 episodes per season, but then I started doing the math and since they are all atleast about an hour with no commercials, your looking at a season a day and either barely sleeping or not going to work.......

Yup!  I have binged on a few shows (Russian Doll, The Sinner) that are only 40 minutes (actually Russian Doll is 24 I think) and they are 8 episodes each season and those took at least a week to get through.  Dexter and Breaking Bad took me months of one to two episodes a night.  

it's the only thing like this i've been hooked on besides the original Star Trek series

i'm told i should read sci-fi, that Heinlein would be a great author for an exhaustive read of his works....

56 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Thanks - I used to be a member, but haven’t visited the history museum in quite a while (I still call it by it’s old name -The Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society!).

Sounds like I’m due - maybe I’ll wander down this afternoon.

I know, that's the name I remember it by as well, my brother called it the hysterical society. 

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s the best show that I’ve ever seen. Breaking Bad and the Sopranos are next in no particular order. I wouldn’t consider it a badge of honor to have not watched. I’d make a point to carve out some time and watch from start to finish. It’s incredible.

As an aside I have a friend that hadn’t seen an episode until last week’s premiere. He’s currently in season 7 and will be current in the next day or 2. He will have watched the entire series in 10 or 11 days. I did it in 17 the first time and 26 the second time. 

my assistant and her husband had never seen it either.  they started to watch it, and ended up cranking through every season just so they could be caught up.  a couple of episodes a night.  it's the type of show that you just can't wait to see the next one.  fighting, strategy, and some very solid nudity.  what's not to like?  that being said, if you don't have hbo, i could easily see not caring about it.

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

have you seen deadwood?  because may 31st = deadwood movie :w00t:

i just saw the preview of this before the last GoT.  holy ***** i'm pumped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I never understood why some people feel the need to brag about not doing something that's currently popular.

Why deny yourself something that might be good?

Someone should start a thread asking who's never eaten ice cream.

that's social media for ya

9 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I never understood why some people feel the need to brag about not doing something that's currently popular.

Because too much of a good thing is also  sometimes not good. I love ice cream, but a lack of self control can quickly turn it into a fat farm production. I went a little crazy with fantasy football, and took a year off to recalibrate my stress level...turns out football is pretty cool even without FF, more organic even, as I’m never tempted to root for any players outside of the Bills anymore, and now it’s 4 years and counting, FF sober. If I end up loving GOT, I’ll spend hours of my life binge watching it to catch up, and I just can’t do that right now. But I’m not judging anyone else who does, as this is just my own personal experience and opinion. All I’m sayin is don’t hate too much on those of us who let some of the current fads pass on by—there may be a good reason for why.;)

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Because too much of a good thing is also  sometimes not good. I love ice cream, but a lack of self control can quickly turn it into a fat farm production. I went a little crazy with fantasy football, and took a year off to recalibrate my stress level...turns out football is pretty cool even without FF, more organic even, as I’m never tempted to root for any players outside of the Bills anymore, and now it’s 4 years and counting, FF sober. If I end up loving GOT, I’ll spend hours of my life binge watching it to catch up, and I just can’t do that right now. But I’m not judging anyone else who does, as this is just my own personal experience and opinion. All I’m sayin is don’t hate too much on those of us who let some of the current fads pass on by—there may be a good reason for why.;)

You only live once so I would like as much good as possible. I know bad things don't take a day off so I won't when it comes to good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

You only live once so I would like as much good as possible. I know bad things don't take a day off so I won't when it comes to good.

Somewhere out there is a motivational poster that says this. And look, I don’t disagree with you at all. My point was just that it’s possible for some people, myself included, to take a good thing like ice cream, and turn it into something not so good by going overboard with it, that’s all. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, Chef Jim said:

Yup!  I have binged on a few shows (Russian Doll, The Sinner) that are only 40 minutes (actually Russian Doll is 24 I think) and they are 8 episodes each season and those took at least a week to get through.  Dexter and Breaking Bad took me months of one to two episodes a night.  

I usually can  only do 1 to maybe 3 episodes a night for shows longer then 30 minutes, and I typically don't while on my computer working with one monitor playing the show and the other with my work. I could never do multiple seasons of a 45 min+ show in a week. What makes these shows worse is that they are commercial free so the full show runtimep is 45 minutes +.

20 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Who here is bragging about not watching it? A question was asked and people answered.