LB is a Need

Take a look:

image.thumb.png.c56189952fd862c7868ba2bc2f1f177d.png

You have Edmunds, who is  coming off a nice rookie year.

Past that, we have Milano, who we can only hope is back to normal after a freak broken bone last season. 

Alexander is 35 and coming off a great year, but is only on a one year deal. 

After those 3 we have a bunch of no names that I don't want on the field if we have an injury to one of our starting 3. If we're thinking long term then we definitely need to address LB in the draft.

Can't wait for Thursday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You may see them take one at 9 if someone falls in their laps. Or even trade back for one. 

Imo, LB is one of the weakest spots on this team now. Especially defensive needs. Either they think they have a good starting 3 and get some mid to late round depth. Or they go big and try and secure that position for years to come with Edmunds and an early first round rookie. 

27 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

Take a look:

image.thumb.png.c56189952fd862c7868ba2bc2f1f177d.png

You have Edmunds, who is  coming off a nice rookie year.

Past that, we have Milano, who we can only hope is back to normal after a freak broken bone last season. 

Alexander is 35 and coming off a great year, but is only on a one year deal. 

After those 3 we have a bunch of no names that I don't want on the field if we have an injury to one of our starting 3. If we're thinking long term then we definitely need to address LB in the draft.

Can't wait for Thursday.

He broke his fibula.  The fibula is the small bone in the leg that has absolutely no weight bearing function.  It is a very easy injury to heal from, so Milano should be just fine.  Not that I'm against a LB; if they could get that Allen kid I'd run to the podium. 

I can't believe I've gotten this far without reading someone say  "we only have two linebackers on the field anyway".

It's a very big need indeed. We're an injury away from Schitts Creek. If we were in a better spot I guarantee we'd be taking Allen over any DT aside from Q. Williams.

I'd be hard pressed to make a decision if Oliver, White and Hockenson where there at 9.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a guess, but I think McD has been assigned to working with the scouts focusing on the LB and Dback evaluations.    They're trusting the coach and scouting staff to produce another gem from day 3. 

I can see the meetings now

McD:   So is he a high character, high motor, hard worker?

Staff:  Yeah coach.  He really is.

McD:  Smart?  Get's along well with others?  Team First Guy ?

Staff:   Yeah coach...he really is everything we want on our squad

McD:   Former Wrestl---?

Staff (interrupting)  No coach.  Never wrestled.  And he's uh....well he's an atheist.

McD:   He's trash.  Who else ya got?

• Haha (+1) 2