Rumor Time: Jets determined to Trade Down

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/nfl-rumors-jets-determined-trade-down-no-3-pick-draft

Sources told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano that the Jets are "determined" to trade down from the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. 

"They seem to really, really want to move down," one NFL executive said to Vacchiano. "Maybe they're just keeping their options open, but it sure seems like that No. 3 pick is for sale."

Two implications for the Bills - One, it makes trade up a little less costly since it will be a little bit of a buyer's market. Two, chances are a team trading up will do so for a QB or for a shot at Bosa / Q. Williams. The earlier Williams goes off the board the less chance Ed Oliver is available at 9.

Jets have enough new additions coming, and they'll have a chance to get QW or Bosa, probably the closest to a sure thing on the Dline we've seen in a long time.

Of course any team will trade down for the right offer, but getting a stud Dlineman is something the Jets need.   I doubt they move anywhere.

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Jets have enough new additions coming, and they'll have a chance to get QW or Bosa, probably the closest to a sure thing on the Dline we've seen in a long time.

Of course any team will trade down for the right offer, but getting a stud Dlineman is something the Jets need.   I doubt they move anywhere.

I can't see Bosa sliding past 2. Q Williams could slide to the Jets pick but they need someone more like LB Josh Allen and why they want to move down but it maybe foolish as could see the Raiders taking him at 4 too. Of course the Raiders could take QWill if he fell.

14 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

What happened to taking Oliver at 3 ? 

Now they want to trade down ? 

I’m sure when I wake up in the morning there will be a new thread “ Jets are strongly considering moving up “ 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Jets haven't had a good pass rusher since John Abraham.  Before that it was Mark Gastineau in the 80's?  They'd be wise to stay put and draft Bosa or Allen.

When's the last time the Jest did something wise?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

December 29, 2014.

Is firing one bad coach when they end up replacing him with another bad one truly "wise?"

Figuring the last truly wise thing they did probably harkens back to the 60's.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Is firing one bad coach when they end up replacing him with another bad one truly "wise?"

Figuring the last truly wise thing they did probably harkens back to the 60's.

Agreed.  Please do remember I was looking at ‘wise’ as a relative term...?

• Haha (+1) 1