Interesting thought on Hock & the Bills on Twitter

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position&position=OL

just 6 years ago, Cooper and Womack went top 10 as G’s.

but If you had to choose between Jonah and TJ, who do you go with?  I just really want a difference maker at TE.  Much like receiver, we have a bunch of 2, 3, & 4 guys.  We need a 1.

Of course there are some guards who don’t pan out... but about 20% of all top 10 guard picks all pro... that is very high rate... compared to 5% at QB

if it’s those 2 I think that’s a hard decision. Jonah maybe doesn’t have elite measurables but he is a technician. Should be better than Dawkins day 1

but I would prolly go Hock

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position&position=OL

just 6 years ago, Cooper and Womack went top 10 as G’s.

but If you had to choose between Jonah and TJ, who do you go with?  I just really want a difference maker at TE.  Much like receiver, we have a bunch of 2, 3, & 4 guys.  We need a 1.

I have a hard time drafting OL this high, always have always will. That being said, I did like Nelson a lot last year; however that was 1 player out of the last 20+ years I followed the draft. The bust potential in the draft is high and rarely do you see rookie OL ready on day 1 to play anymore. When you are drafting in the top 10-12ish I want to see those players starting, JMO

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I hope we get him but i think Sternberger and Knox would be pretty good gets.

I like Sternberger in the third or even late 2nd. With our first pick I want an impact player at a premium position...

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Yeah definitely more athletic. It's funny some of the write-ups I've read on Hockenson have a hard time finding real negatives for him on the film, maybe some small stuff to clean up, but they're just like "his athletic numbers aren't great."

Now I won't call myself an expert but if you're breaking down film of a guy and all you can find to be down on is that he doesn't test off the charts at the combine then you've got my attention. Give me a player whose film is so good you can't even complain about it LOL

Don’t get me wrong at all. I think Hock will be really good. Has a higher floor and will most likely be good at worst. However just how some people feel about Metcalf, I say swing for the fences. If your going with potential, I think Fant has a higher ceiling. Of course I could be wrong. But I’d take Fant, back in the 20s and be glad I traded back multiple times for multiple extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. Giving me room to move back up if needed, or stay where we are. Because I feel this draft class has a lot of really good talent at our positions of most need. I say capitalize on more picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills take Williams if he’s available and then trade back up into the late first to get their D-lineman.  TE after that. Signing Yeldon means there is less need to grab a TE earlier. RBs will be Allen’s bread and butter in between bombs. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

This. Not to mention he’s just a fat stupid idiot that has no idea what he’s talking about. He was right in the Allen thing. No crap. So we’re a million other idiots that generally don’t have a clue. But it’s not hard to figure out. 

Fat? Wow. What does his body shape have to do with it? Unacceptable to make comments like this in this day and age.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Was Brian Bulaga worth a #9?  

I'd say no. He's somewhere between average and above average. 

13 minutes ago, TaskerTough said:

9753e5c455d44f59b414d7a02dbcb46f_front.jpg

Only a Bills fan could think that Riemersma ever exceeded "average"!

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Fat? Wow. What does his body shape have to do with it? Unacceptable to make comments like this in this day and age.

I don’t care. If you’re offended, get off the internet. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I like Hock a lot, but for what it's worth, Noah Fant had TWICE as many receiving touchdowns over the last two seasons as Hock. Hock -- 9. Fant -- 18 (!).

True but in 2018, our most reason sample season, Fant had 1 more TD (7 to 6),  10 less catches, and 241 less yards than Hockenson.  

I prefer the guy who never has to come off the field.  Hock!

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

True but in 2018, our most reason sample season, Fant had 1 more TD (7 to 6),  10 less catches, and 241 less yards than Hockenson.  

I prefer the guy who never has to come off the field.  Hock!

Hock is Metzelaars to as Fant is McKeller, I agree Hock the better all around guy to have and if choose between the two it's the first.

Edited by The Jokeman

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'd say no. He's somewhere between average and above average. 

Only a Bills fan could think that Riemersma ever exceeded "average"!

Strongly disagree.  I thought Jay was a really borderline good TE for us.  Of course, now I just looked up the stats and he was the definition of average. Amazing how you remember things when you’re young. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tight end is a fair blocker most of the time and a surprise receiver the rest of the time. That job can be done by committee and you can always substitute to get a mismatch on the play that YOU as the offense are going to call.   If you want a better tight end, draft one each hear in the 4th round, OR look for good athletes playing some other position (OT, FB,  QB, ruby).  

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

You can't look at merely receiving production. The reason Hock is rated higher is because he can block too. That is a huge advantage.  The D does not know whether he is staying in to block or running a route or a combination of the 2.  This opens things up in both the run and the pass game.  It also gives the D more to think about. A good all around TE can stay on the field and force defenders to guess what is coming.

Not projecting whether a pass or a run is coming is what good offenses do. A good multidimensional TE is one effective way to do just that.