The RB situation

Bakin

Fascinating turn of events with the Yeldon   signing.  

Daboll must know about the kid, being an Alabama guy. TJ hasn’t done much so far in the league. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. He was a 2nd rounder just 4 years ago. 

Bring Gore in to mentor what we ALL expect is a relatively high draft choice.

Trade Shady?  Say it ain’t so. He’s got some tread left???  Count me as a Shady fan...but maybe his days of sideways running and one handed ball carrying have reached their end in Buffalo. 

Murphy and DiMarco?  Casualties?

Are we drafting someone high? Or low?  Or not at all??

im totally confused as to what to expect this weekend with respect to RB.

Nice job McBeane!!!  My brain is a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

Brian Daboll was OC for one year at Alabama. He has ties but not deep ones. I am sure he could call up Nick Saban and get his opinion of Yeldon from when he played for Alabama but I doubt Nick Saban has much time to watch him as a pro.  He also probably had read scouting reports on him from when he was NE coach.  Maybe he has other connections with other coaches Yeldon played for but so do a lot of teams and none seemed to want to sign him.

And yes I agree it does not need its own thread but it is a LAMP.

• Like (+1) 1

Shady if cut - 2.625M in Dead Cap, but an 8M savings.

Frank Gore - 500K in dead Cap, 1.5M savings

Senorise Perry - 50K in dead cap, 760K savings

Murphy - 0 Dead Cap 720 Savigns

Ford - 0 Dead cap - 570 in savings (not even counted now as is because of the top 51 Rule)

SO with that there just posted.  Seems like they can draft a RB they like (if they have one) and easily make room with no major cap implications.

Definitely provides options --

RB that you like falls to you in the draft? Cool

Get a good offer for Shady? Cool.

Stand pat with 2 historically proven guys and a younger buck who's shown decent production when given the chance? Cool

Anyone think a Shady/McCoy swap might make some sense now? 

44 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

No that I want to be one of those people, but all of these points are being discussed in the thread directly below this one. This should have been a post within the Yeldon thread...

Nah man. It feels good! Tell him!! He shoukd know how to use the search function by now lol. This is just PROOF he gets off on starting threads rather than continuing ongoing discussion. In this instance he even STATES his brain is fried - why does he think someone wants to read his jumbled thoughts if HE cant even get them straight?!?!?!

I don't understand why everyone is confused by this.

Yeldon signed for two years. Next year Shady and Gore will be gone and Yeldon will be the vet in the room along with most likely a high selection of a 2020 RB. Next years class is THE running back class.

Not that difficult

• Like (+1) 2

I think the running back room has turned into a strength on the team given the signings to this point & the possibility of Murphy sticking around, with these signings lets hope it can be a motivator for Murph to come into camp on fire kind of like the other Murph signing did for Shaq !! 

3 hours ago, DJB said:

I don't understand why everyone is confused by this.

Yeldon signed for two years. Next year Shady and Gore will be gone and Yeldon will be the vet in the room along with most likely a high selection of a 2020 RB. Next years class is THE running back class.

Not that difficult

...may not be a bad idea to draft one late to prepare for 2020 if both Shady and Gore are gone......but Jesus, Gore STILL looks like a beast.....

7 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Nah man. It feels good! Tell him!! He shoukd know how to use the search function by now lol. This is just PROOF he gets off on starting threads rather than continuing ongoing discussion. In this instance he even STATES his brain is fried - why does he think someone wants to read his jumbled thoughts if HE cant even get them straight?!?!?!

Ironically, if it required the search function, I wouldn't have said anything...