So Glad the Pegula's Bought the Bills !!

53 minutes ago, teef said:

i have a feeling this thread is going to turn gross.

Maybe so, but that would be misguided.  While they haven't had the success yet, I'm tired of the all the bashing the too frequently happens.  As the OP pointed out, both Bon Jovi group or Trump would have led to disaster for fans.  For the most part they've believed in hiring GMs would would be considered young, up and comers (Whaley, Beane, Murray, Botterill) who much of league would have agreed were ready to step up and lead teams.  Some of it hasn't worked out, granted, but I have to believe we'll have good days ahead, particularly w/ the Bills as they're being built.  We'll see with the Sabres as they're monumentally frustrating.  

However, as far as the Pegulas go, they've haven't constrained their GMs/Coaches, have spent freely on finding talent and having top-notch facilities and have not interfered in week-to-week operations.  Not every move is going to work out, but we're far better with them than without as far as I can see...

Edited by cage

15 minutes ago, Chemical said:

A report came out a few months ago that Trump paid someone to spread the rumor that Bon Jovi was planning to move the team. Even went as far to plant news stories about bars in Buffalo banning Bon Jovi music 

Sounds even more plausible knowing what we know now about all the 2016 FB posts running around. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

I can only imagine if the Bills would have been bought by any one other than the Pegula's that the Bills mafia would have been so pissed because of what the team could have been mixed up in weather if Bon Jovi had gotten the team & tried to move it north of the border .

Or if the Donald would have gotten the team & then now with all the other crap those opposed to him being in the position he is in would have dragged the team into another dimension of political BS to try to accomplish what ever it is they are after !!

I'm just so glad the Pegula's were the ones that got the winning bid they were the perfect owners for the team & the region !! All other options would have been of nightmarish proportions !! 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/buffalo-bills-sale-leads-eventually-to-lawsuit-over-presidents-financial-information/

Sorry didn't see the other post on this subject !!!!!

The Bills would be long gone or on their way elsewhere if anyone other than the Pegulas bought them. Complain about their skills as owners all you want. But they are the only reason we have a team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Chemical said:

A report came out a few months ago that Trump paid someone to spread the rumor that Bon Jovi was planning to move the team. Even went as far to plant news stories about bars in Buffalo banning Bon Jovi music 

It seems like a nice story, but IMO it is untrue.  Maybe Trump and Caputo fanned the flames by starting the silly music ban and flyers for bars... but we (TBD) should know more than anybody, that Bon Jovi was on our radar and no-fly-list long before Ralph Wilson passed away and Trump had any inkling the team would be available. 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2013/11/24/jon_bon_jovi_mlse_give_toronto_inside_track_on_buffalo_bills_kelly.html

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 2

Upon signing the agreement to buy the Bills DT proclaims that the "Bills will go at least 19-0 ....probably 20-0 next year  in the the most stupendous season in the last decade - if not ever"....Plans are designed for "Trump" stadium in Lancaster which DT somehow finances with a mixture of tax credits and Russian sources looking to launder their money....Trump stiffs all the contractors anyway and LP Ciminelli is ironically left holding the bag as they somehow were the only bidder.....Trump declares the collective bargaining agreement illegal and voids all player agreements leading to second season of forfeits - Trump declares it will all be worth it once the players cave - even as the Supreme Court rules against him...Trump declares no Canadian fans are welcome anymore which led to a decrease in several dozen ticket sales....DT then declares he is moving team - even with Lancaster stadium half built - to North Korea as Kim has promised him full development rights to the coastal area where the Bills will now play....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Where is that vomit emoji. Man, I grew up in NYC (family from Buffalo, went to college there) and I'm trying to stay out of the politics here, but wow, can I apolitically say this guy has always made me queasy going back to when I was a kid?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Where is that vomit emoji. Man, I grew up in NYC (family from Buffalo, went to college there) and I'm trying to stay out of the politics here, but wow, can I apolitically say this guy has always made me queasy going back to when I was a kid?

My family has first-hand experience with his business practices.

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My family has first-hand experience with his business practices.

I'm sorry.

I was talking to a friend who runs an airline support company last week and he told me about how Trump tried to hire him and he decided not to join, but friends in the industry who did had their lives ruined. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills would be long gone or on their way elsewhere if anyone other than the Pegulas bought them. Complain about their skills as owners all you want. But they are the only reason we have a team.

The same could be said about Ralph Wilson but people constantly made fun of his decisions and bashed him for others. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Here you are.   puke.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1