Time to cut ties with Dimarco

No benefit in doing so now. 

Plus, it really depends on what they envision doing this year. They may plan to utilize him more this year. It's not like they've added an abundance of TE's to block in the running game (perhaps they add one in the draft?). They certainly have the talent to run more of a spread offense this year, but will they? 

There's also special teams to consider. 

Just now, TOboy said:

Plus, it really depends on what they envision doing this year. They may plan to utilize him more this year. It's not like they've added an abundance of TE's to block in the running game (perhaps they add one in the draft?). They certainly have the talent to run more of a spread offense this year, but will they? 

Would he be big enough to incorporate him into the TE position too so they can get more use out of him ? To this point he hasn't been used a lot & seems to be a really good team mate & leader in the locker room if his use can be expanded upon why not ?

I know he is mostly used as a blocking FB which with all the additions to the RB room he will probably get more use now but if he could be added as some kind of TE weather it be blocking or in some type of passing formation he could be seen as a more useful piece to the Dabol puzzle !! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

Would he be big enough to incorporate him into the TE position too so they can get more use out of him ? To this point he hasn't been used a lot & seems to be a really good team mate & leader in the locker room if his use can be expanded upon why not ?

I know he is mostly used as a blocking FB which with all the additions to the RB room he will probably get more use now but if he could be added as some kind of TE weather it be blocking or in some type of passing formation he could be seen as a more useful piece to the Dabol puzzle !! 

I don't think he has that kind of size. Was more thinking of them utilizing him in the traditional FB role. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He has a 50k workout bonus - nothing else is guaranteed so why wouldn't you bring him to camp.  I doubt he sticks though.

I'd go ahead and sign Michael Burton of the Bears. He's a UFA and would come cheap, but has been one of the better fullbacks in the league the last couple of years. Former Rutgers teammate of Tyler Kroft. 

Then you have Danny Vitale who I always liked coming out of the draft. He's kind of bounced around the league a bit, but has speed, hands, and upside as a blocker. 

You could line Jake Fisher up back there as he bid a lot of that for the Bengals a few years ago. They even changed his jersey number as he served as their H back. 

I've been very dissapointed in DiMarco's play and I think he was a terrible fit Shady McCoy's style from the beginning. All that said, McDermott loves him and he leadership he brings, so unless you are getting a massive upgrade, he will be on the team. 

24 minutes ago, wppete said:

I say wait till final cuts. He brings a lot of leadership to this team. 

Right, I think he goes to camp and will be evaluated on how well he plays on ST's with the new coach.

His FB role will be evaluated too.  If he isn't bringing enough to the offense he may be let go.

I'll speculate some and say IF Beane drafts a RB in the mid rounds his days may be numbered.