See a theme here at RB, Bills fans?

eball

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

This isn't the SAT, or the ASVAB or a freaking Harvard entrance exam. I like Yeldon and think he'll have a major role, you don't and that's fine. We'll know after the draft and either way I'm not the type to say I told you so.

As far as emojis, who cares? You did that twice to me in 3-4 days, what's the matter? Who cares? You took shots at me so I found weak posts by you, it's only fair.

The difference is, I just read the forums. I emoji as I read.  I don’t track down certain posters posts and criticize them just because they gave me 2 negative emojis in 3-4 days.  Just listen to yourself 

You got upset, looked at my profile and made negative emojis to my comments. JUST BECAUSE you were butthurt.  Like I said, don’t be so sensitive.  People make negative emojis to me all the time.  People that I’m friends with IRL.  We laugh about it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 947 said:

If they add Bryce Love in the 4th/5th, this among the best backfields in the NFL.

Until he breaks something in his 3rd game.  Different injuries, but I see the same outcome as Jahvid Best.  Ultra talented, yet his body (head in Bears case) isn’t made for the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

I've said for months that the plan is and always has been to have a youth movement and complete makeover at running back NEXT offseason. For Allen's first couple years, they want steady, smart, dependable veterans who can pass protect. By year 3 of Josh Allen, if they feel he is who they thought he would be, I expect to see them part with McCoy and Gore and draft some youngsters. Yeldon's two year deal only adds fuel to this fire, in my mind. They don't want to have to COMPLETELY start over in that room next season, so they'll have Yeldon as a holdover and 3rd down back. RB1 and RB2 will be occupied by new faces, though.

But let's take Beane at his word about drafting BPA.

Shady and Gore are starters this year with Yeldon as a 3rd down back going into next year.

IF a RB falls that Beane likes a lot and with no other glaring holes he can pick him.

I see this as a plus in terms of the draft.

Perry, Murphy, Ford and in my mind DiMarco ALL could be let go for a rookie RB with potential.

Ford can spend another camp in Buffalo and go back to the PS for emergency call up if needed.

If Beane doesn't draft a RB this year he can bring in a UDFA for camp snaps because Shady and Gore won't be taking many.

The draft is going to be so fun to watch this year.

I got a feeling that every pick will be fun to discuss!

I think a post in another thread has it right.  Yeldon signed a two year deal.  contracts for both Shady and Gore are done after the upcoming season   Chances that either one signs another one with Buffalo are slim.  Yeldon could be the veteran presence at that point with the Bills drafting a youngster in the 2020 draft, a draft loaded with good RBs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Shady ain't getting cut.  Think back to the game last season vs Detroit.  The only RBs we had for that game were Marcus Murphy (who left the game injured before halftime) and Keith Ford.  Point being: we sure could've used some RB depth that game.  Shady ain't getting cut.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:00 AM, eball said:

Shady.  Gore.  Yeldon.  This is all about Josh Allen.

Jokes about age aside, Beane is putting experienced players in the backfield with Josh -- guys who (1) know where they are supposed to be, (2) know who they are supposed to block, and (3) can provide an outlet as receivers when needed.  It's a very astute plan.

You get it !!!    Put the young QB together with guys who know where they are supposed to be.  We DON'T want Allen and the rookie, TE, RB, WR both to be wondering....."guess, they changed the defense, is he going to go to the right spot, or isn't he attune yet to what is going on?"    Some for the offensive line working together.

Perhaps so. Gore has always gotten by on his wits. Shady has taken Josh under his wing, so to speak. Yeldon is a decent backup. Despite all the fans  ranting about their ages, this could be far worse. Next year our top pick or FA signing could be Shady's heir.

I’m as excited as anyone about Beane, Allen and the Bills but I wouldn’t call his handling of the RB position anything positive. I just don’t see guys with that much wear and tear being reliable/productive for an entire season. 

Here’s to hoping I’m wrong. The pick

that would get me most excited on Thursday night would be Miles Sanders. 

On 4/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, NewEra said:

Lol.  I react to your post and you instantly look at my profile and react negatively to my last 4 posts,  oh man,  I love how sensitive some people get. 

We’ll revisit this when we cut shady like you say we will.  Trade him?  Possibly.  Why not trade a RB at the end of his career if there’s a taker.....but he’s still our best RB.

its ok man, not everyone will agree with everything you say.  Don’t take things to heart on the message boards 

Im not defending the guy, and you might be right, but it’s very easy to accidentally get to someone’s profile.

Especially if you are using a phone or iPad. I’ve been to other posters profile by mistake a few times.

5 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Im not defending the guy, and you might be right, but it’s very easy to accidentally get to someone’s profile.

Especially if you are using a phone or iPad. I’ve been to other posters profile by mistake a few times.

For sure.  I click on people profiles accidentally all the time as well.  But how is that the same thing as viewing my profile then negatively reacting to my last 4 posts?  He even admitted to it. 

All 3 backs give you a different look and running style

Shady the elusive scat back

Gore the 1 cut tank

Yeldon is a bigger back but has good lateral agility and wiggle. He runs very upright so he doesn’t run like a bigger back and move the pile but he has good vision and is a creative runner... he also is VERY PRODUCTIVE while playing hurt... his game doesn’t suffer that much and the NFL is a long season