See a theme here at RB, Bills fans?

eball

Shady.  Gore.  Yeldon.  This is all about Josh Allen.

Jokes about age aside, Beane is putting experienced players in the backfield with Josh -- guys who (1) know where they are supposed to be, (2) know who they are supposed to block, and (3) can provide an outlet as receivers when needed.  It's a very astute plan.

• Like (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like it, less chance of self inflicted mistakes and penalties due to inexperience. All have had success in the NFL, even Yeldon to a degree. With a little luck they will stay healthy and we will have a kick a$$ RB squad. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Jokes about age aside, Beane is putting experienced players in the backfield with Josh -- guys who (1) know where they are supposed to be, (2) know who they are supposed to block, and (3) can provide an outlet as receivers when needed.  It's a very astute plan.

Let me see, 25,000 yards rushing between 2 of them.  One is known for being fast and evasive, another is a slammer who is a great lead blocker to boot, and a third has damn good hands for a RB and has a career average of 4.0.  

Essentially, everything you said.  

Yeah, I am with you, and them.

I Billieve this is the plan. Throw in a young buck to learn the ropes and make an occasional play or two and take over down the road. I'm really anxious to see how we address TE and WR in the draft. I kind of hope we forego OL and get us some playmakers at skill positions on O and some fierce penetrating DL.  Only days away!

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah. I think the signing of Yeldon pretty much eliminates any draft pick of a RB in this draft. They have put a group of RBs that could all start (I know how some of you feel about the age of Shady and Gore) in this league right now. They are experienced and all have what it takes to be good backs still. This draft will not see a RB at all unless a guy they really covet falls to a much later spot than they imagined. I see this draft as all about DL, OL, WR, TE, and LB. Give your young QB protection, and toys to play with. 

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Also great receivers out the backfield

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Shady gets cut. Definitely see a RB being drafted. Hopefully Miles Sanders or Trayveon Williams. Gore I would keep as a battering ram, goal line back and short yardage grinder. Yeldon could potentially be a starter. God I love that signing so much.

Lol.  I react to your post and you instantly look at my profile and react negatively to my last 4 posts,  oh man,  I love how sensitive some people get. 

We’ll revisit this when we cut shady like you say we will.  Trade him?  Possibly.  Why not trade a RB at the end of his career if there’s a taker.....but he’s still our best RB.

its ok man, not everyone will agree with everything you say.  Don’t take things to heart on the message boards 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

We are in pretty good shape at RB for one season.  If there is a back that is BPA in rounds 3 and on, I won’t be shocked to see them draft him.  However, we are now in position to not be pressed into a back this draft and can always target one next free agency and draft.  

6 minutes ago, eball said:

It works perfectly with the idea of bringing in offensive linemen whose strength is pass protection -- have RBs who are smart and experienced and can do more than their blockers, and who are also good pass catchers to improve Allen's short game. Love it!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, eball said:

The playaction pass game is gonna be dangerous with Brown and Metcalf stretching the defense. Beasley in the slot and Yeldon, Shady, Gore as outlets.

• Haha (+1) 1

I for one love that we are actually now talking about drafting for depth and long-term planning, to be ready to replace guys whose contracts are up or are flexible to be cut in the next year or two.....this is so different from drafting to fill larger and immediate holes.....I am definitely not used to this!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Shady gets cut. Definitely see a RB being drafted. Hopefully Miles Sanders or Trayveon Williams. Gore I would keep as a battering ram, goal line back and short yardage grinder. Yeldon could potentially be a starter. God I love that signing so much.

Highly doubt they release Shady as he's still there for a reason -- mostly leadership, but also that maybe he still CAN cut on a dime and add value to an offensive line that is mostly assembled to keep Josh upright. While cutting him saves a decent amount of cap space, they are already so far below cap that it's hard to see them suddenly worrying about that now. I don't think there's zero chance they release him. If he looks terrible in camp, one of his many off-field questions catches up to him, and/or Murphy works better behind the line or Ford or Wade proves to be special, they may test to see if they can get anything for him and if not, release him. Don't think signing Yeldon will have much to do with that though.

25 minutes ago, bourbonboy said:

I for one love that we are actually now talking about drafting for depth and long-term planning, to be ready to replace guys whose contracts are up or are flexible to be cut in the next year or two.....this is so different from drafting to fill larger and immediate holes.....I am definitely not used to this!

Been thinking the same. Getting ready to watch this draft feels more chill than most as the air of desperation seems gone. Plus, I feel more faith in this GM & coach than I have in awhile that if they do pick a headscratcher at 9, it'll be easier to rationalize (admittedly, I do always rationalize.

44 minutes ago, bourbonboy said:

Couldn't agree more with your post.

Beane signs Yeldon (a good signing IMO) and people immediately think he needs to kick Shady to the curb.

Having depth players that could actually start if needed is what "well managed" teams do.

I am definitely not used to this too.

Keep working Mr. Beane!

Agreed.

I've said for months that the plan is and always has been to have a youth movement and complete makeover at running back NEXT offseason. For Allen's first couple years, they want steady, smart, dependable veterans who can pass protect. By year 3 of Josh Allen, if they feel he is who they thought he would be, I expect to see them part with McCoy and Gore and draft some youngsters. Yeldon's two year deal only adds fuel to this fire, in my mind. They don't want to have to COMPLETELY start over in that room next season, so they'll have Yeldon as a holdover and 3rd down back. RB1 and RB2 will be occupied by new faces, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  I react to your post and you instantly look at my profile and react negatively to my last 4 posts,  oh man,  I love how sensitive some people get. 

We’ll revisit this when we cut shady like you say we will.  Trade him?  Possibly.  Why not trade a RB at the end of his career if there’s a taker.....but he’s still our best RB.

its ok man, not everyone will agree with everything you say.  Don’t take things to heart on the message boards 

This isn't the SAT, or the ASVAB or a freaking Harvard entrance exam. I like Yeldon and think he'll have a major role, you don't and that's fine. We'll know after the draft and either way I'm not the type to say I told you so.

As far as emojis, who cares? You did that twice to me in 3-4 days, what's the matter? Who cares? You took shots at me so I found weak posts by you, it's only fair.