So is Montez Sweat just off your boards due to his heart condition?

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...or do you think there is potential, if cleared by the Bills' doctors, to get a special talent if you drop down a few spots (let's say the early to mid teens)?

I will trust Beane to make the right choice there.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

I was already a little scared of him, just has that boom or bust feel, so I don't want him to be in play at 9. 

Doesn't mean I'd drop him from my board entirely though. If he were there at 40 (which I understand is very unlikely) I'd be very intrigued. 

The Raiders did well taking Maurice Hurst much later than he was expected to go last year due to a similar issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I was already a little scared of him, just has that boom or bust feel, so I don't want him to be in play at 9. 

Doesn't mean I'd drop him from my board entirely though. If he were there at 40 (which I understand is very unlikely) I'd be very intrigued. 

The Raiders did well taking Maurice Hurst much later than he was expected to go last year due to a similar issue. 

The Hurst situation is a great comparison. I really can't believe he went in the fourth. I can't see that happen to Sweat, but who knows at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think people are afraid of the heart stuff and rightfully so. I think this is all raked stuff to get him to somebody in the teens. I'd take him at 9 if Oliver is gone. 

I'd worry at 9, but would feel more comfortable in the teens.

31 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yeah, that's why I brought this up.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has character issues too. I don’t think the Bills will take him unless he fails to the 3rd.

11 minutes ago, TOboy said:

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see him a boom or bust but just has red flags. And his combine performance didn’t match his film, though he was very productive. 

Didn't know about the character issues.  good points.  

Guys, I am going to leave this open just for it a bit longer, but can somebody let me know how to lock my own thread?

I don't want this thread tying up space here.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Hurst situation is a great comparison. I really can't believe he went in the fourth. I can't see that happen to Sweat, but who knows at this point. 

This is kind of where I’m at. He’s too good of a pas rusher (one of the hardest & most expensive things to find) to believe that he falls too far.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the idea of Montez Sweat but he may not be up to the job.  Besides the heart issue and the Michigan State issue (Weed and a bicycle?) is the way he makes sacks.  They are pretty soft and not likely to separate the ball.  He really needs to arrive at the QB with the intent of getting the ball out like Khalil Mack and Josh Allen who forced 11 fumbles at Kentucky.  Montez forced only one at Mississippi State.  This could be drill and coaching, but learning to use an off hand chop at the ball when approaching the tackle would be a start.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is kind of where I’m at. He’s too good of a pas rusher (one of the hardest & most expensive things to find) to believe that he falls too far.

Rams will take him if he falls enough

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1