Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

Just now, Lurker said:

Against UL-Monroe!!!   

Wow, I'm sure he'll see a lot of players at that level in the NFL on Sunday's...

(Don't like him, don't want him and will cry if they pick him)

So...He turns slower based on the competition? His athletic skills change due to who he is on the field with?...

Look at the play...Does that look like someone who is turning like an 18 wheeler in a cul-de-sac?

Good grief...?

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Against UL-Monroe!!!   

Wow, I'm sure he'll see a lot of players at that level in the NFL on Sunday's...

(Don't like him, don't want him and will cry if they pick him)

Maybe you should have a tiny bottle on hand to collect the tears like a Roman emperor. Personally, I like the fella. If this low-balling gets him to drop to where we can move up from 40 to get him, all the better.

5 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

So...He turns slower based on the competition? His athletic skills change due to who he is on the field with?...

Look at the play...Does that look like someone who is turning like an 18 wheeler in a cul-de-sac?

Good grief...?

Plays like King Kong against lesser competition, like Jane versus real competition...

2017 Game Logs

Receiving
Rk Date School   Opponent   Rec Yds Avg TD
  12 Games         39 646 16.6 7
1 2017-09-02 Mississippi   South Alabama W 8 84 10.5 0
2 2017-09-09 Mississippi   Tennessee-Martin W 5 37 7.4 1
3 2017-09-16 Mississippi @ California L 3 125 41.7 1
4 2017-09-30 Mississippi @ Alabama L 3 46 15.3 0
5 2017-10-07 Mississippi @ Auburn L 4 28 7.0 2
6 2017-10-14 Mississippi   Vanderbilt W 2 37 18.5 0
7 2017-10-21 Mississippi   Louisiana State L 1 15 15.0 0
8 2017-10-28 Mississippi   Arkansas L 4 107 26.8 0
9 2017-11-04 Mississippi @ Kentucky W 5 83 16.6 2
10 2017-11-11 Mississippi   Louisiana W 1 7 7.0 0
11 2017-11-18 Mississippi   Texas A&M L 1 10 10.0 0
12 2017-11-23 Mississippi @ Mississippi State W 2 67 33.5 1

2018 Game Logs 

Receiving
Rk Date School   Opponent   Rec Yds Avg TD
  7 Games         26 569 21.9 5
1 2018-09-01 Mississippi N Texas Tech W 4 81 20.3 1
2 2018-09-08 Mississippi   Southern Illinois W 7 93 13.3 1
3 2018-09-15 Mississippi   Alabama L 2 92 46.0 1
4 2018-09-22 Mississippi   Kent State W 5 102 20.4 1
5 2018-09-29 Mississippi @ Louisiana State L 3 37 12.3 0
6 2018-10-06 Mississippi   Louisiana-Monroe W 4 115 28.8 1
7 2018-10-13 Mississippi @ Arkansas W 1 49 49.0 0

Edited by Lurker

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Somehow, Metcalf's stock seems to have slipped in the last couple weeks.  Funny, I don't seem to recall Ol' Miss playing any games during that period.  Did he get injured?  Arrested?

I think his stock is moving more toward where it should be for the league as a whole.    He's not a prospect for everyone.   And every draft observer knows that the position that most often surprises for players going later than expected now is WR.    We've had a bunch of drafts where there were projected first round WR's who didn't start coming off the board until round 2.     In terms of volume it's like RB used to be.........a lot of numbers of capable WR's.   Capable is fine if you have Matt Ryan or Brady or Phil Rivers.   If you are tryna elevate a young Goff, Wentz or Allen type then you need a stud to open up the field.   DK is just a perfect match for Allen.   He's not a "value" at #9........but he probably doesn't fall to #40 either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think his stock is moving more toward where it should be for the league as a whole.    He's not a prospect for everyone.   And every draft observer knows that the position that most often surprises for players going later than expected now is WR.    We've had a bunch of drafts where there were projected first round WR's who didn't start coming off the board until round 2.     In terms of volume it's like RB used to be.........a lot of numbers of capable WR's.   Capable is fine if you have Matt Ryan or Brady or Phil Rivers.   If you are tryna elevate a young Goff, Wentz or Allen type then you need a stud to open up the field.   DK is just a perfect match for Allen.   He's not a "value" at #9........but he probably doesn't fall to #40 either.

Agree: Metcalf's skill set is well matched to Allen's strengths. It would be nice if they could move back, pick up another pick and still get Metcalf (if they want him) in the mid 1st round range. I don't believe he drops much past that.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL!    Southern Illinois, Kent State and Louisiana-Monroe...now there's a murderer's row of opponents.   

I mean...WTF do you want him to do schedule as well? ?

One TD vs Alabama, 2 vs Auburn, 2 vs Kentucky, one vs Miss St, 125 yds vs Cal with a TD, 107 yds vs Arkansas in 2017 and one catch for 49 yds when he got hurt, a TD vs FSU in his only catch as a Freshman...

He was a Red Shirt Soph who got hurt...Twice...He played who he played and when he played he was very good...

I get that you don't like the kid...Fine and noted...We'll see...?

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If we somehow get DK in the 2nd... well Cbus is in for a treat #nakedYolo

Regardless of who the Bills pick in the 2nd round it will be someone that somebody projected as a first rounder.

There are always about 75-80 of those so your chances of getting 2 picking early in rounds one and two are good.:thumbsup:

I remember TSW being so ecstatic about Chris Kelsay "falling" to the Bills in round 2!  Hopefully the celebration will be more warranted this time.   Bring on Da King!

5 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I mean...WTF do you want him to do schedule as well?

One TD vs Alabama, 2 vs Auburn, 2 vs Kentucky, one vs Miss St, 125 yds vs Cal with a TD, 107 yds vs Arkansas in 2017 and one catch for 49 yds when he got hurt, a TD vs FSU in his only catch as a Freshman...

He was a Red Shirt Soph who got hurt...Twice...He played who he played and when he played he was very good...

Also had a lot of competition for touches and a cr@ppy QB throwing too him... 

But clearly, as history has shown to be the case 100% of the time, college production dictates pro production.... ?

38 minutes ago, mannc said:

Somehow, Metcalf's stock seems to have slipped in the last couple weeks.  Funny, I don't seem to recall Ol' Miss playing any games during that period.  Did he get injured?  Arrested?

If he's sliding...And I'm not convinced he is...But if...It's because of the injuries and the injuries alone...

Anyone who thinks it's because of his play, the player he is, or a cone drill is kidding themselves...?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

If he's sliding...And I'm not convinced he is...But if...It's because of the injuries and the injuries alone...

Anyone who thinks it's because of his play, the player he is, or a cone drill is kidding themselves...?

I'll be very surprised if he slips out of the top 15.  I get that he's not a totally clean prospect, but he's the clear no. 1 WR with huge upside and those guys tend to get pushed up the board, not down.  Offense is still the name of the game in today's NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'll be very surprised if he slips out of the top 15.  I get that he's not a totally clean prospect, but he's the clear no. 1 WR with huge upside and those guys tend to get pushed up the board, not down.  Offense is still the name of the game in today's NFL. 

Exactly...

Like I said earlier...Average NFL CB is 5-11 - 195 with 4.48 speed, a 36" vertical, and 16 reps on the bench...

Good luck to the average NFL CB who has to cover a healthy DK Metcalf...Because a healthy DK Metcalf can absolutely ball out...

That's all I'm saying...Good luck...?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I mean...WTF do you want him to do schedule as well? ?

One TD against Bama on the first play of the game, then one more catch in garbage time (lost 62-7).

The two catches vs. Auburn were also garbage time (they were losing 38-3 on the first, 41-10 on the second).  Probably facing the Tigers' freshman and sophs at that point.

Mississippi State was one catch for 63 yards and one for four.   That seems about how this guy rolls.

He's the Mike Mamula of WRs, IMO...