Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

Sometimes where there's smoke there's fire. Last year we kept hearing the Bills were in on Allen as the draft got closer and sure enough, that's who they took. A lot of times teams will dish out the wrong info to find out where leaks come from. Gil Brandt posted an interesting tweet and said when he was with the Cowboys, they allowed a scout they didn't trust to see their board, which had a player they weren't taking ranked as their top choice. The next morning there was a story in the newspaper about who the Cowboys were taking so they found the leak and eliminated it. Not saying that's what the Bills are doing but this time of year, all teams are dishing out false info to throw other teams off and all that. 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s kind of my point on Metcalf. He is RAW. Josh Allen was the same type of prospect. Edmunds was the same type of prospect. They were both physical freaks with questions about their production. Beane wasn’t looking for “solid” guys with a long track record. He was looking for guys that COULD become great. Metcalf is a dice roll but would fit how Beane handled last year.

Imo if Beane really wants a guy with potential to be great he should take Marquis Brown. ?

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Between a blue-chip WR and a blue-chip OL/DL/LB, you take the later all the time.  No team wins a SB because of a "disruptive" WR.  You can win because you have a disruptive OL.   The difference between DK and a WR who is available even in round 3 is not that great, IMO.   The OL/DL "elite" pickings go down after Rd. 1.   IMO

I don’t even think DK is the best WR in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Marino is the same guy who insisted the Bills were about to add an Edge Rusher in a "creative way" and then nothing panned out. I have him placed firmly in the "who cares what he says" category of information providers.

It’s April 22.

5 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

Fine! Agree to disagree. I’ll bet that if either one of us did some research we would find more than a few players were drafted at nine to fit that category. But, that’s actually besides the point. It proves nothing. It’s a relevant.The only question is about the current draft. That’s the only context that is significant here. At nine I would definitely take him over Metcalf if those were the best two options available.

There’s a good chance you end up with an average guard and pass on a top 5 NFL WR.  

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah I 'd stay away from DK Metcalf

The Bills don't have good luck drafting guys that go by their initials

1971 JD Hill
2004 JP Losman
2010 CJ Spiller
2013 EJ Manuel

The only initialed player who wasn't a bust was OJ Simpson in 1969, but we all know what happened after he left football

8 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If we draft a lineman high, someone we signed in FA would have to get cut right? Too many bodies.

Maybe but not necessarily.  McDermott, Sirles, Ducasse, Bodine would likely be first 4 out the door.  Boettger and Teller may have PS eligibility a would a late round OL draftee.

The 6 new FAs likely make squad.  And Dawkins.  Teller would likely be 8th OLineman then.  

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

McShay says he is hearing we are focusing on DLine after adding 6 Offensive Linemen. Who knows what to believe

They are focused on DL - but I don’t know where the next DL falls on their board after Quinnen and Oliver, Bosa and Allen -   if all are gone at 9. They aren’t going to dip to the next DL if that guy is further down on their board and and they don’t trade down. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are focused on DL - but I don’t know where the next DL falls on their board after Quinnen and Oliver, Bosa and Allen -   if all are gone at 9. They aren’t going to dip to the next DL if that guy is further down on their board and and they don’t trade down. 

I think Sweat deserves to be in the conversation. I think he is better than Oliver. And I think the Bills have Brian Burns really high on their depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Marino is the same guy who insisted the Bills were about to add an Edge Rusher in a "creative way" and then nothing panned out. I have him placed firmly in the "who cares what he says" category of information providers.

I think that was Kevin Massare, can't find a tweet from either though to confirm it.

36 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

McShay says he is hearing we are focusing on DLine after adding 6 Offensive Linemen. Who knows what to believe

Todd McShay is 'hearing a lot of buzz' that Buffalo Bills could trade up to No. 2

Posted Apr 4, 2018

Edited by JM57

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I think Sweat deserves to be in the conversation. I think he is better than Oliver. And I think the Bills have Brian Burns really high on their depth chart.

I could see Burns but I don’t think Sweat is the type of player they showcase as a top pick. It’s not easy to get kicked out of sparty  but he succeeded. ?

13 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He has a heart condition no one is taking Sweat in the top 10. Someone today said he could fall to the end of round 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Burns but I don’t think Sweat is the type of player they showcase as a top pick. It’s not easy to get kicked out of sparty  but he succeeded. ?

Cam Newton stole/was kicked out of Florida but that didn't stop the Panthers from taking him and although Beane wasn't the GM then, he was there...

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

He has a heart condition no one is taking Sweat in the top 10. Someone today said he could fall to the end of round 1

Others have talked to sources that still think he doesn't make it out of the top 20.

21 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Todd McShay is 'hearing a lot of buzz' that Buffalo Bills could trade up to No. 2

Posted Apr 4, 2018

I hope he's just buzzed...What it would cost to get up there I am not in favor of...Period...?

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He will not fall out of the 1st.  There is no way a team like Baltimore would pass on him at 22 if they stay at that spot.