Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

I'd be more on board with Williams at 9, but like others, I don't think he falls that far.  If we're high on Metcalf, I would prefer a trade-back.  I just don't see him as I top 10 pick.  Just me, though...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Given all the talk of his short arms and likely having to move inside, that would be surprising. 

His arms are like 1/8 inch shorter than Dillard and people aren’t questioning him at OT. I mean I just think if a guy can play he can play. 

I think Jax is going to take him though

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

His arms are like 1/8 inch shorter than Dillard and people aren’t questioning him at OT. I mean I just think if a guy can play he can play. 

Less concerned about his arm length more concerned about actual NFL Quality DE schooling him in the National Championship Game

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I think he meant JONAH Williams.  Not Quinnen.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Unless Jonah is now a DT the poster meant Q Williams as he specifically mentions DT

No, I meant Jonah, but also said I recognized the need for a DT, so my bad - I guess my meaning was a bit unclear.

If Quinnen Williams is there at #9, I think we don’t walk to the podium, we run!

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Less concerned about his arm length more concerned about actual NFL Quality DE schooling him in the National Championship Game

Williams schooled Ferrell several times in that game as well. It was a good battle between two NFL 1st rounders

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

No, I meant Jonah, but also said I recognized the need for a DT, so my bad - I guess my meaning was a bit unclear.

If Quinnen Williams is there at #9, I think we don’t walk to the podium, we run!

OOO Ok tracking read it wrong

Would love for Metcalf to be the pick. We'll see. Ultimately I think it's him, Wilkins, Burns, or Gary.

I think the relative lack of smoke around DK given the Bills WR need and Beane's draft tendencies is interesting to me.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally think Jonah W is worth the 9th pick and Metcalf is a risk at 9. But there is a ton of smoke on metcalf to Bills. Can’t ignore that. I tried to ignore the smoke on Allen last year but it was all true.

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The lack of polish on Metcalf is concerning, but I will say one thing, the idea of Metcalf "Mossing" the league with Allen's arm and Brown keeping things honest on the other side is very intriguing.  

I think it’s fair to presume that the Bills really like Metcalf. It’s also fair to presume that if a few of these guys were there at 9, he wouldn’t be the pick there because Oliver or Jonah (or others) would be higher on their board overall. But that if they got a great offer to move down, perhaps NYG or Redskins who need a QB, he could be their BPA there, at 15 or 17. I could also see them trading back into the 1st for him. I am starting to believe that they really want him. I’m less convinced he would be their BPA at 9. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

I agree.  I think the draft is littered with players that have the same projection that Jonah Williams has.  And these OL can be had in both the 2nd-4th rounds.

• Like (+1) 2