Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

Listening to Joe Marino podcast and he says they are honing in on OL and WR in the 1st and specifically the two names he keeps hearing for the Bills in the 1st are Jonah Williams and DK Metcalf (3 different sources). He does think they would take Oliver but do not think he will be there and doesn’t think they will trade up. 

He also believes Dawkins is on notice 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, scribo said:

(Note: Not at all swiping at the messenger here.) No one is actually "hearing" anything. The Bills are not going to tell anyone who they are really targeting.

Not purposely. But last year Allbright insisted he had a source that was aware of the fact that they were taking Allen all along. He never wavered. Whether that source is still around, I don’t know. 

Fwiw Allbright over the weekend:

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The notion that anyone inside the Bills is going to allude to who they are drafting is absurd.

Any name dropping at this point is fodder. Also, there’s no way the Bills are using 9 to draft Metcalf.

How many guys had Edmunds going to the Bills last year? I’d say there’s a better chance the Bills trade up this year to get who they really desire.

Allen was linked to the Bills though by many.

Thursday can’t come quick enough.

Edited by dlonce
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not purposely. But last year Allbright insisted he had a source that was aware of the fact that they were taking Allen all along. He never wavered. Whether that source is still around, I don’t know. 

Notice one thing, Josina still seems pretty plugged in.  So doesn't Albright, but ever since Brandon was canned the local reporters sources have all dried up (even from the Sabres)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I personally think Jonah W is worth the 9th pick and Metcalf is a risk at 9. But there is a ton of smoke on metcalf to Bills. Can’t ignore that. I tried to ignore the smoke on Allen last year but it was all true.

I also think both at last one will be there at 12-15 once the Bills slide down and pick up an extra second.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Listening to Joe Marino podcast and he says they are honing in on OL and WR in the 1st and specifically the two names he keeps hearing for the Bills in the 1st are Jonah Williams and DK Metcalf (3 different sources). He does think they would take Oliver but do not think he will be there and doesn’t think they will trade up. 

He also believes Dawkins is on notice 

What did he think the three mistakes were by Beane?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also keep thinking they could try to move up from 40

I would move down before coming back into the first.  But that is because of how many players I have 1st round grades on (16) and two fringe.  So the bulk of talent in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd IMO.  

So my strategy would be move down (maybe in increments) picking up 2nds and 3rds.  Then take the player that has a 1st round grad at 15.  

Use the later picks and the newly acquired thirds to target specific players in the 2nd.

But I hear were you are comin from, just would not be my strategy this year.

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally think Jonah W is worth the 9th pick and Metcalf is a risk at 9. But there is a ton of smoke on metcalf to Bills. Can’t ignore that. I tried to ignore the smoke on Allen last year but it was all true.

I like Hockenson at TE over Metcalf at WR 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

I’ve been a proponent of Williams at #9 for quite a while, but I also recognize the need for a DT.  Not so high on Metcalf at #9, but I know many others love him.

Have been hearing Williams to the Bills a lot recently.

Williams is gone by 5.