Bills sign Yeldon

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Tells me the bills are thinking about packaging up mid round picks to move up for more 2nd/3rd round picks and don't expect RB to be addressed in this draft.  I would actually like that.... Parley the 10 picks into 4-5 top-3 round picks. Go for quality over quantity this year. 

This may be true but I don’t understand why they had to sign him now instead of waiting until after this weekend.

2 minutes ago, ColeB said:

This may be true but I don’t understand why they had to sign him now instead of waiting until after this weekend.

Would imagine it helpful to eliminate pressing needs prior to (not saying it was pressing, but still, check RB need off the list).

Plus, means no one else signs him. 

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

Is it possible that they don't have any confidence in their ability to draft well?

On 4/23/2019 at 7:08 AM, WideRightRevenge said:

I like the signing of Yeldon, but still would like to see a RB drafted in 4th round and let that be the RB room (two vets, a bridge/3rd down RB, and a young stud).

Next years class looks to be a really good one.  No need to take one this year now 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Next years class looks to be a really good one.  No need to take one this year now 

...wouldn't surprise me one bit if McBeane has already started working on 2020 as far as probable draftees available, UFA market, etc......

On 4/25/2019 at 7:19 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wouldn't surprise me one bit if McBeane has already started working on 2020 as far as probable draftees available, UFA market, etc......

Would be strange if they hadn’t at least looked 

On 4/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll comes from NE where they routinely use multiple RBs for different game plans and roles. This isn’t surprising that he’s building that type of RB stable here. None of the RBs we have are #1 workhorse type RBs, they will all have a role. I think they still could draft one and i think they could afford to throw a pick at a guy like Bryce Love coming off of the ACL. 

I coukd also see a high 2nd on a player like Josh Jacobs who has never been a lead RB or carried the rock for a whole game and will need eased in. I do not think he’s going in the 1st, jmo 

Not to LAMP but I was pretty sure they would still draft a RB after the yeldon signing though I was wrong that Jacobs wasn’t going in the 1st