Bills sign Yeldon

I love this. I think he becomes the James White type guy in this offense. White had 87 freaking catches last year. That safety valve out of the backfield is important imo becuase you can't cover that guy and spy the quarterback. You have to pick your poison. With Beasley working the slot, Brown and Foster on the outside and (maybe Hockenson), plus a quarterback who can run at a high level, I think defenses will be stretched thin. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FluffHead said:

People on this board seem to overrate him. Living in the area I watched and hear a lot about him in Jacksonville. He is decent as a receiver but that’s it. He was a massive disappointment here. 

That said, he got a multi year deal out of Beane, at a time he seems to be loving the one year deal 

Good rotational RB.  Shady and Gore are free Agents at end of year.  He doesn't need to be a bell cow.  Just needs to do well what he does well.

Edited by purple haze

4 hours ago, FluffHead said:

People on this board seem to overrate him. Living in the area I watched and hear a lot about him in Jacksonville. He is decent as a receiver but that’s it. He was a massive disappointment here. 

That said, he got a multi year deal out of Beane, at a time he seems to be loving the one year deal 

I've always liked Yeldon.  Perhaps his rushing numbers would look better if Jacksonville had a QB that defenses respected.

Edited by Chicken Boo

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Tells me the bills are thinking about packaging up mid round picks to move up for more 2nd/3rd round picks and don't expect RB to be addressed in this draft.  I would actually like that.... Parley the 10 picks into 4-5 top-3 round picks. Go for quality over quantity this year. 

Sure, other teams will trade their 2nd and 3rd picks for a our 4th, 5th and 6th round picks.  That happens all of the time?  :cry: 

More likely scenario is we trade our 2 and a mid rounder to move up into the 2nd or even late first.  We trade our 3rd and a mid rounder to move up in the 3rd.  I doubt we come out of this with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds unless we trade down in round 1.  

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, that all depends on the numbers...less than $1M guarantee dude could still be cut in camp. 

Hmm..anyone else think Shadys days are numbered?

Yes..........When his contract expires.

Unless Shady gets traded, I don't see how the Bills can draft a running back this year. The Bills under McDermott typically keep 4 halfbacks, with the 4th guy being primarily for special teams contributions. Right now, the Bills have:

McCoy
Gore
Yeldon
Perry

Perry was signed specifically because he's a special teams dynamo. So unless the Bills feel that the running back they draft is going to push Perry off the roster with superior special teams play (won't be easy to do, Perry is a quality STer), I just don't see where a rookie fits on the roster. And for those who will be quick to say "oh, that's easy, he takes Perry's spot"...again, not so fast. The Bills are committed to having an RB4 who can contribute in a huge way on special teams. 

Where does a rookie fit?

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And that is a loss how?  Need 90 to camp.  So if someone we just signed is outplayed what is the issue again?  And would that not be an Improvement?

I do see what you saying but i would rather go after an undrafted kid who is hungry than spend a million on Yeldon- but i of course do not know what he cost.

I would love to be wrong but we will see.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do see what you saying but i would rather go after an undrafted kid who is hungry than spend a million on Yeldon- but i of course do not know what he cost.

I would love to be wrong but we will see.

But how does signing Yeldon stop from going after an undrafted kid?

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Unless Shady gets traded, I don't see how the Bills can draft a running back this year. The Bills under McDermott typically keep 4 halfbacks, with the 4th guy being primarily for special teams contributions. Right now, the Bills have:

McCoy
Gore
Yeldon
Perry

Perry was signed specifically because he's a special teams dynamo. So unless the Bills feel that the running back they draft is going to push Perry off the roster with superior special teams play (won't be easy to do, Perry is a quality STer), I just don't see where a rookie fits on the roster. And for those who will be quick to say "oh, that's easy, he takes Perry's spot"...again, not so fast. The Bills are committed to having an RB4 who can contribute in a huge way on special teams. 

Where does a rookie fit?

I'll agree that a drafted RB is less likely BUT I can't see the Perry signing stopping a later round selection.

I believe Beane and McDermott when they preach competition, competition and more competition.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But how does signing Yeldon stop from going after an undrafted kid?

If he takes away from our salary cap- even a little bit- and then does not see the field or even worse is terrible- then he is a net negative. I have not seen him play well since college and have watched him probably 7 times. I am not arguing about roster spots because but i assume he is costing at least a million and likely 3 for the 2 years.