Bills sign Yeldon

20 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

For sure depth and has all to do with Shady since it's his position and running backs don't stay on the field every down.

Shady is usually not in 3rd and short situations with McDermott and we know Shady has a goal yardage wise he wants to reach... More running backs added means possible less time on the field...

My point was about us cutting or trading Shady simply because we signed Yeldon 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where would he sign to not be a backup?

That's not what I meant. He would have greater opportunities as a backup elsewhere. Shady is a 3 down RB. I would have looked for an opportunity to be a 3rd down RB somewhere. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Just now, Bangarang said:

I don’t think so either. Yeldon is a depth guy behind Shady. If shady gets hurt (which we all know he does and it won’t get better with age) he steps in instead of Murphy or whatever random guy they had back there last year. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

That's not what I meant. He would have greater opportunities as a backup elsewhere. Shady is a 3 down RB. 

He is, but not for the number of snaps he used to be. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, that all depends on the numbers...less than $1M guarantee dude could still be cut in camp. 

Hmm..anyone else think Shadys days are numbered?

Yes - 365 of them.  He will be here one more year unless this year is huge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Shady is a 3 down RB. Yeldon wouldn't sign here to backup. He could have an opportunity elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Shady is going to be traded. Yeldon is here to split time with Gore and a rookie. 

He’s a free agent rb with an expired rookie deal. He’ll sign with whomever offers him a contract 4 days before the draft.  

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Shady is a 3 down RB. Yeldon wouldn't sign here to backup. He could have an opportunity elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Shady is going to be traded. Yeldon is here to split time with Gore and a rookie. 

It's mid-April.  Nobody was signing TJ Yeldon as anything more than a backup.

The staff has made it pretty clear, both in the way they talk about Shady and with their actions regarding the roster.

They believe the O-Line was the problem last year, and he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Besides, Shady's trade value is virtually nothing at this point.  We would be lucky to fetch a 4th-5th Rounder.

It would be better to gamble on him rebounding, and then addressing the RB position next year.

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This could be a setup to put Shady back in Philly.  They can probably leverage a 3rd round pick out of this, send Shady home, which would make him happy.  And save several million dollars in cap space.  They may draft a RB with the pick they get for Shady.  

why do we need to save cap space this year?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mjt328 said:

It's mid-April.  Nobody was signing TJ Yeldon as anything more than a backup.

The staff has made it pretty clear, both in the way they talk about Shady and with their actions regarding the roster.

They believe the O-Line was the problem last year, and he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Besides, Shady's trade value is virtually nothing at this point.  We would be lucky to fetch a 4th-5th Rounder.

It would be better to gamble on him rebounding, and then addressing the RB position next year.

Shady's value is cap space. Again, Yeldon won't get many touches here if Shady returns to form. That's my point. 

I love signing Yeldon, I'm just trying to see why Yeldon would sign here. 

48 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gore

Shady

Yeldon

Rookie

so yeah room for another specially if don't carry a FB

I don't see any reason to think they are going to move away from an FB.

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Love it- I would still draft a RB 

And release which of McCoy, Gore, and Yeldon?

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

You would just deactivate one on a gameday - or you could dump dimarco.  He was in on 15% of offensive snaps... not exactly a huge loss.  Seems to be something they got away from as the year went on.

Edited by dneveu

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Let them battle it out in camp- Murphy will be the first one to go. If a stud RB like Miles from Penn State is sitting there at 3 you run to the podium and take him. Gore and Shady are up there in age- theres a good possibility one doesn’t make it through camp.

Edited by billsfan_34

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

When the visit was reported, there was a lot of excitement and people saying how good he is. He hasn’t been good to this point. 

But I certainly will root for him and hope for the best 

He's averaged 4 yards a carry for his career and had 55 catches for almost 500 yards last season.  He is a tool the Bills and Allen didn't have before this and certainly has not been a bad player.  He fills a need and allows us not to have to overdraft a running back.  Great move.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Oh... well I'm not of the mindset that we will cut or trade him. In fact, I'm hoping for a big year from him... But, I can see how the Bills could make the move for a trade by adding more capable running backs to the squad...

The logic of it is there so idk why you can't see it... but my opinion on it is that he WON'T be traded cuz McDermott said he has plans for Shady as a Bill...