Bills sign Yeldon

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Bill, What happened to him? I thought he was going to be a good pro back. Now it seems that he is primarily a specialty receiving back? That is not to say that his receiving talents can't be used but from what has been described he lacks all around ability to be a full fledged primary or second back.  I still like this picjup. 

I am pretty sure he had some injuries. TJ is strong and always had reasonable speed, as well as good hands and moves.

Imo there is little to no risk in signing him and I can picture him down the road winning a game for us.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I live a couple hours from Jacksonville and to be honest I think the disappointment is more of an overall disappointment of how putrid Jacksonville's rushing attack has been.  I think its more of an offensive line blocking issue than anything else.

But their head coach used to be a OL coach!

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Give me some time and i will come up with one- but l feel like the raiders with qbs - someone is getting cut that we just signed. 

And that is a loss how?  Need 90 to camp.  So if someone we just signed is outplayed what is the issue again?  And would that not be an Improvement?

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s a depth signing on a short deal. I don’t see why it would have anything to do with Shady

For sure depth and has all to do with Shady since it's his position and running backs don't stay on the field every down.

Shady is usually not in 3rd and short situations with McDermott and we know Shady has a goal yardage wise he wants to reach... More running backs added means possible less time on the field...

How can anyone not like this signing? The money don’t matter it’s not like they gave him 10 million a year. There’s plenty of cap next season when shady and gore are gone. So many short sighted posters on here, next year they now have the freedom to draft the best running back in the class if they choose, or continue a stable if Yeldon impresses during his time this year. Just gotta face the fact shady and Gore are running the rock this year and now have a capable guy backing them up if there’s injuries. More than likely the hot hand gets the most touches every week. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I do feel like there are 1 too many RB's. I can see Shady on the move.  I don't like high priced RBs. 

are people really gonna do this again?.... it didn't happen when mccoy had any real value and it wont happen now that he has slim to none on the market. yeldon is merely depth. 

and who the heck cares about his price? it literally doesn't affect anything. the team will most likely go through the whole season with plenty of cap to spare and his deal is done after this year. not liking high priced running backs has little to no bearing on this situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am pretty sure he had some injuries. TJ is strong and always had reasonable speed, as well as good hands and moves.

Imo there is little to no risk in signing him and I can picture him down the road winning a game for us.

I see him being useful as an outlet receiver. Yeldon in open space is a big threat. What I want to see from Josh Allen is less running when the play doesn't materialize and instead he using his outlets. The less hits the qb takes the more he will be on the field.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

I live a couple hours from Jacksonville and to be honest I think the disappointment is more of an overall disappointment of how putrid Jacksonville's rushing attack has been.  I think its more of an offensive line blocking issue than anything else.

The offensive line is the problem in Jax. Yeldon averaged 4.0 per carry while Hyde and Fournette averaged 3.3 per carry. I'll take Yeldon's potential in a heartbeat. Good pickup.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I see him being useful as an outlet receiver. Yeldon in open space is a big threat. What I want to see from Josh Allen is less running when the play doesn't materialize and instead he using his outlets. The less hits the qb takes the more he will be on the field.  

Exactly and btw, I remember TJ as a capable blocker.

57 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This could be a setup to put Shady back in Philly.  They can probably leverage a 3rd round pick out of this, send Shady home, which would make him happy.  And save several million dollars in cap space.  They may draft a RB with the pick they get for Shady.  

If we got really, really lucky, we might be able to get Philly’s six round pick for Shady.  He is done and everyone in league knows it.  The idea that anyone would trade a premium pick for him is pure TSW fantasy.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This could be a setup to put Shady back in Philly.  They can probably leverage a 3rd round pick out of this, send Shady home, which would make him happy.  And save several million dollars in cap space.  They may draft a RB with the pick they get for Shady.  

Shady isn't going anywhere. The Bills are completely invested and confident in him. Plus they love his relationship with Allen. We have plenty of cap going forward.  His contract is not an issue at all. I know I'm in the minority but I still think he has that elite skill set. 

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority here but think that this is worse for DiMarco than Shady. It feels like Shady is in his last year and they brought in his buddy Gore. Yeldon will be the 4th guy and a draft pick ahead of him. The Bills may move away from a fullback. 

Completely agree. Shady is the only back that can make people miss on this roster. I don’t understand the folks on this board and the anti McCoy sentiment. The o-line was garbage last year and Beane finally is rebuilding it.  

I don't understand the Yeldon signing. They have ten picks. They could have found a cheaper younger pass catching RB in the middle of the draft.   

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

That said, he got a multi year deal out of Beane, at a time he seems to be loving the one year deal 

The guaranteed money is all that matters, IMO, not the contract length.   

I agree that he's being overrated, but that's what TSW does (just like MBs for other teams).    The new girl is always prettier, until you get to know her...

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Shady isn't going anywhere. The Bills are completely invested and confident in him. Plus they love his relationship with Allen. We have plenty of cap going forward.  His contract is not an issue at all. I know I'm in the minority but I still think he has that elite skill set. 

I don't get how people aren't understanding how his cap # is basically meaningless at this point. the bills will have money to spare coming out of the offseason. his cap hit isn't affecting anything and its done after this coming season.

also, while I think his skills have deteriorated, I think he's MUCH more valuable to the team as veteran leader and presence than any 5th or 6th rounder would be..... and make no mistake the bills wouldn't get anything more than that for him.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see the numbers on this contract.

That will tell us a better idea if Yeldon is a roster lock for Week 1, or if he will be fighting for a position.

I previously figured RB was going to be a Round 3-5 priority.  But now they may not draft one at all.

It's been said many times already, but the Bills are quickly running out of spots in the lineup.

Unless Beane is planning to trade away some veteran players in the coming months, a heavy chunk of the players we draft are going to be buried on the depth chart or sent to the practice squad. 

I would be shocked if Beane doesn't try packaging some of those Day 3 picks to climb up the draft board.

All ten guys are not making this roster.