Bills sign Yeldon

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

To all those saying the Bills might still draft an RB... Come again? Who are you cutting? Teams don't carry five RBs/FBs.

Gore

Shady

Yeldon

Rookie

so yeah room for another specially if don't carry a FB

• Like (+1) 1

Image result for house gif

The trio of LeSean McCoy, Gore and Yeldon offers a diverse skill set to go along with quarterback Josh Allen's running ability. Might the addition of Gore and Yeldon this offseason lead to speculation the Bills might dangle McCoy in possible trade talks during the draft later this week?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027277/article/bills-sign-rb-tj-yeldon-to-twoyear-contract

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Have never been impressed with this guy at all.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb   You can go back the years and see that Yeldon's DVOA has not been very good the last 3 years. If you scroll down the page you will see the receiving ratings.  PFF had him as the 59th rb last year, right behind Shady.   https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tj-yeldon/9469

I wonder why Spencer Ware is not signed, he is a much better player imo.

don't take this personal buy IMO  

DVOA stats blow

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not impressed with this unless it is for league minimum. Yeldon i have watched at least 6 or 7 times as a pro and i was never impressed. Overall i like offseason but this does not improve us.

How many signings on April 22nd are deamed immediate improvements?

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Tells me the bills are thinking about packaging up mid round picks to move up for more 2nd/3rd round picks and don't expect RB to be addressed in this draft.  I would actually like that.... Parley the 10 picks into 4-5 top-3 round picks. Go for quality over quantity this year. 

I feel the exact same way. I see them targeting 4 or 5 guys and moving around to get em. 

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

To all those saying the Bills might still draft an RB... Come again? Who are you cutting? Teams don't carry five RBs/FBs.

Theoretically, they could forego the FB position and carry 4 RBs, or simply cut one of the 3 guys they currently have under contract. All of their contracts (tbd on Yeldon but probably a safe assumption) can be cut for decent savings. McCoy is the obvious choice to me but I don't REALLY believe he or Gore get moved.

Gotta love the fact that Beane refuses to stop looking at all ways of improving the roster, even after his FA blitz and now the attention focused on the upcoming draft. This regime certainly seems to be 100% serious about backing up the process talk with action. You may not agree with all of the personnel moves, but you can't doubt the determination/drive of this group...unlike the Ryan era that reeked of big talk, little actual effort. This particular move as many here have already pointed out, adds another passing element (possibly backfield option security blanket?) for Allen, at a time when it's all about developing Allen and his threat options. I'll take that!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Theoretically, they could forego the FB position and carry 4 RBs, or simply cut one of the 3 guys they currently have under contract. All of their contracts (tbd on Yeldon but probably a safe assumption) can be cut for decent savings. McCoy is the obvious choice to me but I don't REALLY believe he or Gore get moved.

No reason to move any of them off the roster.  Very nice set of RBs we have now.  Shady and Yeldon can spell each other while sprinkling in Gore.  Gore also a fantastic blocker.  Will help Allen tremendously.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

52 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

People on this board seem to overrate him. Living in the area I watched and hear a lot about him in Jacksonville. He is decent as a receiver but that’s it. He was a massive disappointment here. 

That said, he got a multi year deal out of Beane, at a time he seems to be loving the one year deal 

I live a couple hours from Jacksonville and to be honest I think the disappointment is more of an overall disappointment of how putrid Jacksonville's rushing attack has been.  I think its more of an offensive line blocking issue than anything else.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No reason to move any of them off the roster.  Very nice set of RBs we have now.  Shady and Yeldon can spell each other while sprinkling in Gore.  Gore also a fantastic blocker.  Will help Allen tremendously.  

I personally think Gore is better than McCoy at this point in their careers and think whoever the Bills could realistically draft would have a chance of being an upgrade as well, so I'd personally rather just have McCoy off the team at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Good depth signing. His versatility will allow him to carve out a useful role here

I feel like we draft another RB RDS 2-4. I feel like Beane is waiting to see how things shake out and then he may or may not decide to keep Shady or not. It would make sense to roll into 2019 with Miles Sanders, Yeldon and Gore than it would to keep McCoy. Beane and McD are adjourning this for later me thinks.