Bills sign Yeldon

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority here but think that this is worse for DiMarco than Shady. It feels like Shady is in his last year and they brought in his buddy Gore. Yeldon will be the 4th guy and a draft pick ahead of him. The Bills may move away from a fullback. 

I could see that, they could go with a TE who serves as a FB in certain formations. They signed FIsher, who may be able to handle that?

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, that all depends on the numbers...less than $1M guarantee dude could still be cut in camp. 

Hmm..anyone else think Shadys days are numbered?

It's really starting to look that way. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were traded on draft day

• Like (+1) 1

Tells me the bills are thinking about packaging up mid round picks to move up for more 2nd/3rd round picks and don't expect RB to be addressed in this draft.  I would actually like that.... Parley the 10 picks into 4-5 top-3 round picks. Go for quality over quantity this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

A poster from Phily does not like him. What a surprise!

His talent vs headache quotient has tilted in area of he's not worth it.  He's a documented idiot.  

Edited by YodaMan79

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Tells me the bills are thinking about packaging up mid round picks to move up for more 2nd/3rd round picks and don't expect RB to be addressed in this draft.  I would actually like that.... Parley the 10 picks into 4-5 top-3 round picks. Go for quality over quantity this year. 

I really hope this happens

8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Have to see the money, but it doesn't make sense for Yeldon. That's how I'm looking at it. 

Yeldon is and always has been a backup. It’s the week of the draft where teams are looking to add young backs. He certainly isn’t holding out for a starting spot at this point. He took the best offer out there.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I could see that, they could go with a TE who serves as a FB in certain formations. They signed FIsher, who may be able to handle that?

That’s kind of what I am thinking.

15 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Shady is a 3 down RB. Yeldon wouldn't sign here to backup. He could have an opportunity elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Shady is going to be traded. Yeldon is here to split time with Gore and a rookie. 

Where would he sign to not be a backup?

• Like (+1) 1

Have never been impressed with this guy at all.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb   You can go back the years and see that Yeldon's DVOA has not been very good the last 3 years. If you scroll down the page you will see the receiving ratings.  PFF had him as the 59th rb last year, right behind Shady.   https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tj-yeldon/9469

I wonder why Spencer Ware is not signed, he is a much better player imo.

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Smart move!!! He is a very versatile player and will be an asset to this team if he stays healthy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill, What happened to him? I thought he was going to be a good pro back. Now it seems that he is primarily a specialty receiving back? That is not to say that his receiving talents can't be used but from what has been described he lacks all around ability to be a full fledged primary or second back.  I still like this picjup. 

39 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

People on this board seem to overrate him. Living in the area I watched and hear a lot about him in Jacksonville. He is decent as a receiver but that’s it. He was a massive disappointment here. 

That said, he got a multi year deal out of Beane, at a time he seems to be loving the one year deal 

Bet it is really a 1 year deal 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane certainly is positioning the Bills for BPA through all levels of the draft.  Who knows for sure what will happen on draft day but the Bills should be well positioned to be much better on the field this year.  I love these one and two year contracts as it keeps the Bills out of cap jail down the road.    

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

This signing can be two examples by using one object for Shady... it can either be the fire that lights his behind and run more focused, or just the fire that "runs him out"...

He’s a depth signing on a short deal. I don’t see why it would have anything to do with Shady