Bills sign Yeldon

2 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This could be a setup to put Shady back in Philly.  They can probably leverage a 3rd round pick out of this, send Shady home, which would make him happy.  And save several million dollars in cap space.  They may draft a RB with the pick they get for Shady.  

A 3rd round pick for a soon to be 31 year old RB getting paid $9mil and in the final year of his contract? 

4/20 is over, put the pipe down.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

A 3rd round pick for a 30 year old RB getting paid $9mil and is in the final year of his contract? 

4/20 is over, put the pipe down.

They don't have a 3rd round pick anyway.  My finger was hovering over the 3 and the 4 for this.  I could see a 4th or a conditional pick in next year's draft.  They love Shady in Philadelphia, and they need a running back down there.

We just signed a 35 year old guy.  Shady still has a couple good years left.

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

They don't have a 3rd round pick anyway.  My finger was hovering over the 3 and the 4 for this.  I could see a 4th or a conditional pick in next year's draft.  They love Shady in Philadelphia, and they need a running back down there.

We just signed a 35 year old guy.  Shady still has a couple good years left.

Crazy talk

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority here but think that this is worse for DiMarco than Shady. It feels like Shady is in his last year and they brought in his buddy Gore. Yeldon will be the 4th guy and a draft pick ahead of him. The Bills may move away from a fullback. 

Its definitely possible but I think McD loves the leadership DiMarco provides. Perhaps Gore replaces him on the field and in the locker room 

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I do feel like there are 1 too many RB's. I can see Shady on the move.  I don't like high priced RBs. 

I'm torn between my personal hope that McCoy is traded/the fact that we now have three veteran RBs and still seem like we should draft one vs. the fact that Gore seemingly signed with Buffalo so that he could play with McCoy.

Would love to see Buffalo trade McCoy for something, but I don't really see it. Kinda wonder if one of these RBs ends up getting cut in training camp.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority here but think that this is worse for DiMarco than Shady. It feels like Shady is in his last year and they brought in his buddy Gore. Yeldon will be the 4th guy and a draft pick ahead of him. The Bills may move away from a fullback. 

Have to see the money, but it doesn't make sense for Yeldon. That's how I'm looking at it. 

Daboll comes from NE where they routinely use multiple RBs for different game plans and roles. This isn’t surprising that he’s building that type of RB stable here. None of the RBs we have are #1 workhorse type RBs, they will all have a role. I think they still could draft one and i think they could afford to throw a pick at a guy like Bryce Love coming off of the ACL. 

I coukd also see a high 2nd on a player like Josh Jacobs who has never been a lead RB or carried the rock for a whole game and will need eased in. I do not think he’s going in the 1st, jmo 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4