Peter King's Mock

DCOrange

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/

A couple noteworthy items to me:

9. Buffalo: Jonah Williams, T-G, Alabama 

Bills love Quinnen Williams, but I can’t see the Raiders parting with him if he’s there at four. Bills could also trade up for Josh Allen, or pick T.J. Hockenson if he falls to them. But if they stay, Jonah Williams could be an upgrade to Spencer Long at right guard or possibly, eventually, Ty Nsekhe, at right tackle. Lots of differing opinions in the scouting community on Williams. I would ask Bills Nation to look up “quixotic” in the dictionary. This is a good player, a better-than-Cordy Glenn player, but Williams is not Walter Jones. Having said that, it’s a smart choice by Bills GM Brandon Beane, who is trying to build a playoff team one solid player at a time.

He has joined the chorus of NFL reporters projecting Ed Oliver to the Jets at #3, though he notes that on the surface, he doesn't seem like an obvious fit in the 3-4 that Gregg apparently intends to run.

He says most teams have Quinnen Williams as the #1 prospect in the draft.

Projects that the Dolphins trade a 3rd rounder for Josh Rosen and says that nobody has studied Rosen more than the Dolphins.

Has Haskins as the #2 QB taken, but it's all the way down at #15.

He has Clemson's DTs, Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence going #13 and #14 respectively. Says that Miami will likely value Wilkins highly given Flores' connection to the Patriots and the Patriots belief in 315+ pounders with quickness.

DK goes #30 in this mock to the Packers.

He believes that at least 3 teams in the 20's want RB Josh Jacobs and that someone will likely trade up for him to get ahead of the other teams in the 20s.

23 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Big possibility that Quinnen/Jonah Williams, Allen, Oliver and Hockenson are all gone before our pick. 

Nightmare scenario

Not really, there are 15 guys I see as top 10 talent in this draft.  Yes it would be good to grab one of those players but i think we maybe in the prime spot if teams want to get a QB as well.  Cant wait til Thursday.  If those guys are gone, I like white, Gary, burns, Wilkins, Taylor's.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Big possibility that Quinnen/Jonah Williams, Allen, Oliver and Hockenson are all gone before our pick. 

Nightmare scenario

If Jonah Williams is off the board, I’m confidant that we’ll get a very good player at 9

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Nightmare scenario

Quinnen is obviously a lock to be gone at #9 and Allen and Oliver are both very likely to be gone as well. My guess is that the Bills don't necessarily want Jonah or Hockenson that high in the draft anyways, so it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone else takes them before us.

I'm ok with this pick if the Bills slot him at guard.  He's likely a great guard in the making, has the football smarts for a center. 

If they try him at tackle I think they are going to be very dissapointed.  

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/

A couple noteworthy items to me:

He has joined the chorus of NFL reporters projecting Ed Oliver to the Jets at #3, though he notes that on the surface, he doesn't seem like an obvious fit in the 3-4 that Gregg apparently intends to run.

He says most teams have Quinnen Williams as the #1 prospect in the draft.

Projects that the Dolphins trade a 3rd rounder for Josh Rosen and says that nobody has studied Rosen more than the Dolphins.

Has Haskins as the #2 QB taken, but it's all the way down at #15.

He has Clemson's DTs, Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence going #13 and #14 respectively. Says that Miami will likely value Wilkins highly given Flores' connection to the Patriots and the Patriots belief in 315+ pounders with quickness.

DK goes #30 in this mock to the Packers.

He believes that at least 3 teams in the 20's want RB Josh Jacobs and that someone will likely trade up for him to get ahead of the other teams in the 20s.

With how the draft fell there I would be ok with that pick, but I would be in full sell mode at that point.

First time I've 100% agreed with Peter King. Q. Williams, J. Allen, Hockenson are the 3 elite guys I was hoping we'd want but if all are gone Jonah seems like a high IQ, first guy in/last guy out, Kyle Williams personality that the Bills FO would love. Hope this is accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Drey said:

Why does he assume we wouldn't know what "quixotic" means?

Come on, most Bills fans can't properly use Their, There and They're.

For the lightly read:

quix·ot·ic
/kwikˈsädik/
adjective
adjective: quixotic
  1. exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.
    "a vast and perhaps quixotic project"
    synonyms: idealistic, unbusinesslike, romantic, extravagant, starry-eyed, visionary, utopian, perfectionist, unrealistic, unworldly;
  • Haha (+1) 1