OL Jonah Williams takes it to another level.

excerpt:

Williams devised his own methods of tracking tape study, watching the defensive linemen he’s preparing to line up against, categorizing each move they make, and entering all the data into a spread sheet to hep analyze what he can expect to see on game day.

Former Browns left tackle Joe Thomas took a look at the way Williams prepares and told ESPN it’s “genius,” and that Williams is far ahead of most young linemen mentally.

“It just shows you his level of preparation,” Thomas said. “It says a lot about the success he will have at the next level, because that is the type of preparation you need to have to be able to gain an advantage over your opponent. I wasn’t that advanced when I was in college.”

Dare I say sound like a "process guy" to me.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm just gonna say this and it's okay if I'm totally in the minority:

I'm fine with the Bills taking Williams at 9. 

A decade+, high quality starting offensive lineman that will set the tone along the o-line with his work ethic and study habits.

We could do a lot worse.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

excerpt:

Williams devised his own methods of tracking tape study, watching the defensive linemen he’s preparing to line up against, categorizing each move they make, and entering all the data into a spread sheet to hep analyze what he can expect to see on game day.

Former Browns left tackle Joe Thomas took a look at the way Williams prepares and told ESPN it’s “genius,” and that Williams is far ahead of most young linemen mentally.

“It just shows you his level of preparation,” Thomas said. “It says a lot about the success he will have at the next level, because that is the type of preparation you need to have to be able to gain an advantage over your opponent. I wasn’t that advanced when I was in college.”

Dare I say sound like a "process guy" to me.

People complain about his athleticism but watching the tape shows he is an exceptional pass blocker and aggressive run blocker. A couple years in the Bills strength program he would be elite.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I hope we draft Williams at 9.  I get it that we have other needs, including DT, TE, DE and WR, but I think he is going to be a really good player.  Unclear if he will be available at 9.  Where he gets drafted seems a bit all over the place.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I hope we draft Williams at 9.  I get it that we have other needs, including DT, TE, DE and WR, but I think he is going to be a really good player.  Unclear if he will be available at 9.  Where he gets drafted seems a bit all over the place.

It seems he'd be there for the taking. 

49 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I like Risner more. Not at 9 either, but in the 2nd.

Would you consider Jonah Williams at 9 and Risner in the 2nd?  Too much OL emphasis?  Dawkins, J Williams, and Risner could compete for the 2 OT spots and OG.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Would you consider Jonah Williams at 9 and Risner in the 2nd?  Too much OL emphasis?  Dawkins, J Williams, and Risner could compete for the 2 OT spots and OG.

I thought about that and I had the same question as you do but now after dwelling on it, no i would not be upset, I'd be pleased. Risner and Jonah could both play guard or tackle. It'd certainly be an interesting and worthwhile problem to have. Could give us a solid line on Dallas Cowboys like proportions.

• Like (+1) 3