New Turf at New Era Field - Question? ** ANSWER!!

PUNT750

I wish they would put the AFC and NFL logos is the end zones like the old field from the 90s...or maybe they could add the charging Buffalo on both sides of the team name...but there is too much empty space in the current end zones with just the name “Bills” imo.

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

I did, just before they sold out of the 1' by 1' pieces.  My son wanted it.

It looks like they still have the 1x1 pieces.  Or am I missing something on the website?

Edit:  It looks like the 20 yard line sections are gone.  I bought a plain green section.  I'm sure I can make some sort of cool display with it.

Edited by chknwing334

19 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

It looks like they still have the 1x1 pieces.  Or am I missing something on the website?

Edit:  It looks like the 20 yard line sections are gone.  I bought a plain green section.  I'm sure I can make some sort of cool display with it.

My son told me all the 1'x 1' sections were gone.  I'll have to go home and beat him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2019 at 10:29 AM, Logic said:

As has been stated before: The red paint fades too fast into a pinkish color. For that reason, and also because blue is clearly the primary color with which the Bills want to identify, I don't see the red end zones coming back any time soon.

With any luck, the NFL will change the dumb "only one color helmet allowed" rule, and we'll get 90s throwbacks some day. End zones, though? It ain't happenin'.

I agree with everything you said, but I still want’em! ?

3 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I agree... I wish they had changed something with the turf design besides the size of the logo.  It hasn't changed since they overhauled the uniforms, right?

The end zones were green with blue lettering. Sometime around the Gailey era I believe they went to a blue end zone with white lettering. 

20 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Who the heck would buy a small piece of the turf?

Just go to Valu and buy a piece of that grass carpet much cheaper. 

Or wait to grab a piece when fans storm the field and rip up the carpet and take down the goal posts when the Bills win the AFC championship game this year

17 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...is this really the 3rd field surface in 11 years?.........

2002 was Bledsoe's first year, and the last year of the old Gym Mat type turf with red endzones. I distinctly remember the 31-0 win over the pats in 2003 being the first game on the fake grass type turf with the "Unpainted Endzones". Then they switched to blue end zones several years later, and players were slipping quite a bit on that turf. Hopefully this turf works better. The third field surface in 11 years is an exaggeration, trying to count the last year of the "Green Endzone turf" as an entire era of that turf. Its really the 3rd playing surface in 16 years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Who the heck would buy a small piece of the turf?

Just go to Valu and buy a piece of that grass carpet much cheaper. 

Why spend $200 on a concert?  Just buy the artist's albums and listen to them at home.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, Doc said:

Why spend $200 on a concert?  Just buy the artist's albums and listen to them at home.

That is a terrible analogy.   The experience of going to concert and buying a 1 x 1 piece of turf that you can't even tell is from the Bills stadium is a little different.  Also, what is so good about an old piece of turf?

Edited by Ittakestime

16 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

That is a terrible analogy.   The experience of going to concert and buying a 1 x 1 piece of turf that you can't even tell is from the Bills stadium is a little different.  Also, what is so good about an old piece of turf?

People pay money for all sorts of things that others think are useless.  And when I get it I'll let you know if  the underside is stamped with the Bills logo or comes with a certificate of authenticity or something or that nature.

16 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, bubby.  Why ridicule someone who decides to purchase a piece?

• Thank you (+1) 1