New Turf at New Era Field - Question? ** ANSWER!!

PUNT750

On 4/21/2019 at 7:27 PM, TSNBDSC said:

Red End Zones please

I had a piece of the red end zone. It was a doormat. Got it from mike falgiano construction about 25 yrs ago

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 1:25 AM, Herc11 said:

Gov't paying means lowest bidder wins. Anyone that has spent time in the military or Gov't work knows how that goes.

This is not always the case.  Sometimes circumstances allow for a "best value" selection when quality is critical.  29 years in govt here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2019 at 3:31 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

This is not always the case.  Sometimes circumstances allow for a "best value" selection when quality is critical.  29 years in govt here.

True, but the vast majority of the time that's not how it goes.

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Would it be asking too much for the red end zones to come back? And the red helmets for that matter? 

Hopefully in 20 years we can look back on the great Bill's teams of the 20's and long for the nostalgic white helmets and blue end zones.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Dr.Sack said:

I don’t care what the surface is although it’s widely known New England plays worse on grass than a turf surface of any kind. 

On a side note the problem I have with the Bills stadium isn’t the turf, it’s the proximity of the corner endzone to the wall that is the danger. 

Not sure if the Browns still have grass but I remember many games it was nothing more than painted dirt or mud in the winter

1 hour ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Damn was hoping for red end zones

You red end zone, red helmet people need to give it a rest!  Aren't the friggin' color rush uniforms enough?  ;)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As has been stated before: The red paint fades too fast into a pinkish color. For that reason, and also because blue is clearly the primary color with which the Bills want to identify, I don't see the red end zones coming back any time soon.

With any luck, the NFL will change the dumb "only one color helmet allowed" rule, and we'll get 90s throwbacks some day. End zones, though? It ain't happenin'.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1