Jethro Tull

TSNBDSC

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You don't have to be hurtful.  Especially after I paid you a compliment.

Dude.  I have so earned this.  

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i'd rather slave away than sit on a beach (for more than 2 days...)

I'm not surprised a Canadian would say this. Did you know beaches have this really cool stuff call SAND??  And they are warm!!  And it never ever ever snows!! 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dude.  I have so earned this.  

I'm not surprised a Canadian would say this. Did you know beaches have this really cool stuff call SAND??  And they are warm!!  And it never ever ever snows!! 

came across a paradise of white sand along Lake Superior one hippie-ish summer, nobody was there....

next day got there to work on my tan to challenge Zonker Harris's crown

and was simultaneously descended upon by 100 sand fleas?? that starting biting immediately, after 60 seconds i realized i should leave...

i really like my work, i need a few days off on occasion to get out of "reptilian brain mode", will easily continue until i croak with my accounting specialty

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

came across a paradise of white sand along Lake Superior one hippie-ish summer, nobody was there....

next day got there to work on my tan to challenge Zonker Harris's crown

and was simultaneously descended upon by 100 sand fleas?? that starting biting immediately, after 60 seconds i realized i should leave...

i really like my work, i need a few days off on occasion to get out of "reptilian brain mode", will easily continue until i croak with my accounting specialty

Let me clarify. They have these really cool things called sand, oceans and bug spray!  ?

And Zonker Harris?  You’re dating yourself. And here is another cool thing about the internet. I had a Doonsebury cartoon on my desk in my bedroom when I was in high school that I though was cool. Well I found it!

D7098F77-C590-4736-83DD-6F7BA9C2D538.jpeg

no spray outside of napalm would have tamed those sand fleas and Lake Superior is not a good place for swimming mostly

another year a usual family retreat was scheduled at the usual place, they didn't tell me the Ministry of the Environment had bombed about 35,000,000 large African house flies in the area to kill the tent caterpillar menace, the flies wouldn't reproduce and weren't a hassle outside of 36 or so landing on you when you got out of the car.

Zonker was the World Tanning Champion, the days when you smoked and lay in the sun with cooking oil all over you

On 4/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, Chef Jim said:

I go to a lot more live shows that I did 40 years ago during the days when musicians "played instruments".  I listen to almost only live music these days and I'm here to tell you that there are still lots and lots of great musicians making and playing great music.  And it actually sounds good live because they are not hammered out of their minds like many were 40 plus years ago.  And yes I know you're being facetious.....at least I think you are. 

if they aren't playing instruments it isn't live music

On 4/23/2019 at 2:20 PM, I'm Spartacus said:

Back to Tull......my all time favorite rock band. Saw them many times. "Thick As a Brick Part II" was a nice come back album!

The board always gets highjacked into something not related to the original post.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bobby McFerrin is on line two, sir.  He'd like to speak to you.

so far so good hoping that all the jagoffs in that video come to a horrible and miserable end....

49 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

what about them, a prog-rock band that produced uninteresting and now overly dated self-indulgent crud for the ear-wax-infested crowd of bell-bottom shoppers.

jw

hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

i do run into fans that violently insist the best works started in the 1980s...

I will stick with 1968 to around....  A Passion Play.....

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i do run into fans that violently insist the best works started in the 1980s...

Sadly true for other bands as well; we’ve had this discussion before.  

45 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

what about them, a prog-rock band that produced uninteresting and now overly dated self-indulgent crud for the ear-wax-infested crowd of bell-bottom shoppers.

jw

Did a Tull concert bump a lacrosse game out of an arena that you were supposed to cover?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Sadly true for other bands as well; we’ve had this discussion before.  

oh yeah, it will go on and on....

gave a spin to Stand Up last week and it still glows for me from the first notes...  :D

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1