billspro's annual mock draft

billspro

2 hours ago, billspro said:

That’s  fine, trade him out for Clowney.

That’s the most they would get in a trade. They will probably get less.

Even if they didn’t make that trade my mock would be the same. I would be fine with Clowney instead of Clark too.

They'd probably want Lawson over Murphy in trade which I would do also. Not bad but Metcalf at 9 is a very high risk/ high reward swing for the fences especially if Oliver, Wilkins or White are there as well. I like stock piling all the later picks for Henderson?

A project OT in the 2nd from a minor-league program?  I would fire you on the spot, if you were my GM.

"He had some struggles in Mobile against the better competition, but showed developmental potential."

- Walter Football

Cyrus Kouandjio 2.0

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

22 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Can you give me a player example that McBeane has brought on board with that kind of background? Just so I can understand your reasoning? Thanks in advance

Antonio Brown is a cancer. He may be the biggest cancer in the league. The Bills went ALL IN on him but couldn’t make the numbers work. 

This regime drafted Zay Jones who clearly has some issues. There have been plenty of rumors about their interest in Frank Clark. They aren’t above winning. 

Also, you’ve made your feelings on Frank Clark known in the Frank Clark thread. You aren’t talking from a position of what could happen but rather what you hope happens (or doesn’t happen in this case). Clark is an option whether you like it or not. They aren’t going to give 9 but a swap of 1’s or a 2 could happen. Prepare yourself...

Edited by Kirby Jackson

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Antonio Brown is a cancer. He may be the biggest cancer in the league. The Bills went ALL IN on him but couldn’t make the numbers work. 

This regime drafted Zay Jones who clearly has some issues. There have been plenty of rumors about their interest in Frank Clark. They aren’t above winning. 

Also, you’ve made your feelings on Frank Clark known in the Frank Clark thread. You aren’t talking from a position of what could happen but rather what you hope happens (or doesn’t happen in this case). Clark is an option whether you like it or not. They aren’t going to give 9 but a swap of 1’s or a 2 could happen. Prepare yourself...

Id be thoroughly shocked. He's not worth a 1st or a 2nd plus 17 mil a year. Not when we pick 9 and defensive talent is abound. I just don't see it happening. Just my opinion

23 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Id be thoroughly shocked. He's not worth a 1st or a 2nd plus 17 mil a year. Not when we pick 9 and defensive talent is abound. I just don't see it happening. Just my opinion

There is certainly talent on the DL in this draft. However, a guy that had 13 sacks at age 25 is what we hope these guys become. Clark IS already that guy. He has 32 sacks over the last 3 years. He’s a high end, proven, pass rusher. The cost will determine whether or not he ends up elsewhere. I’m not giving a 1st as they want. I’d swap 1sts in a second. I’d consider a 2nd and would give them a 3rd & 4th yesterday. It depends on the cost but he can play and it will be tough to get that production out of a draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There is certainly talent on the DL in this draft. However, a guy that had 13 sacks at age 25 is what we hope these guys become. Clark IS already that guy. He has 32 sacks over the last 3 years. He’s a high end, proven, pass rusher. The cost will determine whether or not he ends up elsewhere. I’m not giving a 1st as they want. I’d swap 1sts in a second. I’d consider a 2nd and would give them a 3rd & 4th yesterday. It depends on the cost but he can play and it will be tough to get that production out of a draft pick.

Let's play "what if"

Let's say the Bills trade picks 9 and 40 to Seattle for Clark and Seattle takes Montez Sweat at 9.

What if Sweat goes on to record 11 or 13 sacks and is a front runner or DROY, while Clark struggles mightily here and has fewer than 5 sacks by Thanksgiving and he was given a deal in excess of what Demarcus Lawrence got?

Would you still support the move, or would you be calling for Beane to be fired?

26 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Let's play "what if"

Let's say the Bills trade picks 9 and 40 to Seattle for Clark and Seattle takes Montez Sweat at 9.

What if Sweat goes on to record 11 or 13 sacks and is a front runner or DROY, while Clark struggles mightily here and has fewer than 5 sacks by Thanksgiving and he was given a deal in excess of what Demarcus Lawrence got?

Would you still support the move, or would you be calling for Beane to be fired?

9 and 40?!? I already said I wouldn’t give up 9. I MAY not give up 40. I’d swap 1sts 9 for Clark and 21. I’d consider 40. I would do a 3rd & 1 of our 2 4ths. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Ok.  What if Clark won't agree to coming to Buffalo?

I’m not trying to be rude but what does that mean? In the real world, every trade would have an extension negotiated that both sides agreed too (that’s why Antonio Brown isn’t on the Bills). There is not a scenario where your concern could arise. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to be rude but what does that mean? In the real world, every trade would have an extension negotiated that both sides agreed too (that’s why Antonio Brown isn’t on the Bills). There is not a scenario where your concern could arise. 

You didn't answer my question.  If Beane brought the offer of the 9th pick for the 21st pick and Frank Clark to Schneider, and Schneider agreed, but Clark said "I don't want to go to Buffalo, regardless of what they'd offer me," what do you do then?

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

You didn't answer my question.  If Beane brought the offer of the 9th pick for the 21st pick and Frank Clark to Schneider, and Schneider agreed, but Clark said "I don't want to go to Buffalo, regardless of what they'd offer me," what do you do then?

I answered your question. That’s not a possibility. In the real world the conversation starts with the teams agreeing to the compensation (like the Bills with Brown). The trade is contingent upon the contract being agreed to (like the Bills with Brown). There is not a situation where a trade would happen without an extension. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Wesco is gonna be a more than serviceable TE. I'm glad posters are taking notice of him.

It helped that the Bills brought him in for a predraft visit.

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

A project OT in the 2nd from a minor-league program?  I would fire you on the spot, if you were my GM.

"He had some struggles in Mobile against the better competition, but showed developmental potential."

- Walter Football

Cyrus Kouandjio 2.0

He doesn’t play anything like Kouandjio, he actually has movement skills. He also has some first round buzz on NFL.com so he might not even be there in the second. Walter football isn’t a very good source.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, McBean said:

I busted out laughing whenever I saw the Clark trade.

You couldn’t trade Trent Murphy for a bag of balls much less for Clark.

There was also a 2nd round pick in there. Which is what Dee Ford was traded for. They won’t get more than that. That is probably the highest value they could get for Clark with his character concerns.

27 minutes ago, custcarcen said:

Loved it except for #1. You did such a good job in the other rounds we can afford to take Hoch in the 1st.

Hock would be another option in the first if you wanted to play it safer.

29 minutes ago, custcarcen said:

Loved it except for #1. You did such a good job in the other rounds we can afford to take Hoch in the 1st.

Hock would be another option in the first if you wanted to play it safer.

15 hours ago, billspro said:

I am assuming Oliver, Allen, Bosa, and Williams are off the board. 

I would like to see what Hughes does with Clowney/Clark on the other side. Saying that, if we get a good value on those guys and they want Hughes it would have to be done.

...the Howard kid seems to be picking up some positive press of late....good call............

• Like (+1) 1