billspro's annual mock draft

billspro

This is not a safe mock draft, I am hoping the Bills take a swing for the fences and try to build a Super Bowl contender while we have Allen on his rookie contract. My goal for this draft was to leave with two elite NFL starters, two solid NFL starters, and some role players. 

1st Round, pick 9- D.K Metcalf WR, Ole Miss

Similar to last season the Bills land the most talented offensive player in the draft that has dropped due to injury and lack of tape. It is very lucky to land a prospect of this caliber at pick 9. Metcalf had over 80 yards receiving in 5 of the 6 games he played in and was on pace for about 1100 yards this season. I see his floor as Tyrell Williams and his ceiling as a mix of AJ Green and TO. Hopefully, he hits his ceiling. He is also a good blocker and a good teammate which should fit in with our culture. 

Round 2, pick 40- Tytus Howard, Alabama St

One of the most physically gifted OTs in the draft, but he is very raw. It would probably be best to redshirt him for a year behind Nsekhe for a season until he has put on some mass and worked on his technique. He comes in year one as the swing tackle and is a franchise OT for us for the next decade after that. 

TRADE: The Buffalo Bills trade Trent Murphy and their 2020 2nd round pick to the Seahawks for Frank Clark. 

Don't worry defence, we haven't forgotten about you. The Bills help the Seahawks free up some cap space while giving them a starting DE in return. 

Round 3, pick 74- Khalen Saunders DT, Western Illinois

An athletic DT with a low center of gravity and a nasty swim move. Hopefully, he will become a similar type of player as Javon Hargrave (one of my favorites a few years ago) on the Steelers. He adds to the DT rotation in year one and competes for a starting job with Harrison Phillips in year 2. 

Round 4, pick 131- Amani Oruwariye CB, Penn St

Perfect CB for Sean McDermotts scheme. I see this as a position of strength and adding to the competition should make this a top five unit in the NFL. 

Trade: The Bills trade a 5th, 6th, and both 7ths to acquire an additional 4th round pick

4th Round, pick 115-125- Darrell Henderson Memphis 

The Bills land a very talented RB in the fourth round. He gets a season to learn from two of the best in the game and will likely beat out any competition for the starting role in year two. He will probably end up being a top 2 or 3 RB from this draft class. Similar player to Davonte Freeman.

Round 4, pick 131- Maxx Crosby DE, Eastern Michigan

Another elite athlete added to the mix, Crosby is one of the most athletic DEs in the entire class. He will start as a rotational pass rusher and has the ability to take over as a starter when Jerry Hughes leaves. 

Round 5, pick 158- Trevon Wesco TE, WVU

Not the big name TE prospect we were hoping for. We add competition to the room this year and hopefully add an elite TE next year. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

This is not a safe mock draft, I am hoping the Bills take a swing for the fences and try to build a Super Bowl contender while we have Allen on his rookie contract. My goal for this draft was to leave with two elite NFL starters, two solid NFL starters, and some role players. 

1st Round, pick 9- D.K Metcalf WR, Ole Miss

Similar to last season the Bills land the most talented offensive player in the draft that has dropped due to injury and lack of tape. It is very lucky to land a prospect of this caliber at pick 9. Metcalf had over 80 yards receiving in 5 of the 6 games he played in and was on pace for about 1100 yards this season. I see his floor as Tyrell Williams and his ceiling as a mix of AJ Green and TO. Hopefully, he hits his ceiling. He is also a good blocker and a good teammate which should fit in with our culture. 

Round 2, pick 40- Tytus Howard, Alabama St

One of the most physically gifted OTs in the draft, but he is very raw. It would probably be best to redshirt him for a year behind Nsekhe for a season until he has put on some mass and worked on his technique. He comes in year one as the swing tackle and is a franchise OT for us for the next decade after that. 

TRADE: The Buffalo Bills trade Trent Murphy and their 2020 2nd round pick to the Seahawks for Frank Clark. 

Don't worry defence, we haven't forgotten about you. The Bills help the Seahawks free up some cap space while giving them a starting DE in return. 

Round 3, pick 74- Khalen Saunders DT, Western Illinois

An athletic DT with a low center of gravity and a nasty swim move. Hopefully, he will become a similar type of player as Javon Hargrave (one of my favorites a few years ago) on the Steelers. He adds to the DT rotation in year one and competes for a starting job with Harrison Phillips in year 2. 

Round 4, pick 131- Amani Oruwariy CB, Penn St

Perfect CB for Sean McDermotts scheme. I see this as a position of strength and adding to the competition should make this a top five unit in the NFL. 

Trade: The Bills trade a 5th, 6th, and both 7ths to acquire an additional 4th round pick

4th Round, pick 115-125- Darrell Henderson Memphis 

The Bills land a very talented RB in the fourth round. He gets a season to learn from two of the best in the game and will likely beat out any competition for the starting role in year two. He will probably end up being a top 2 or 3 RB from this draft class. Similar player to Davonte Freeman.

Round 4, pick 131- Maxx Crosby DE, Eastern Michigan

Another elite athlete added to the mix, Crosby is one of the most athletic DEs in the entire class. He will start as a rotational pass rusher and has the ability to take over as a starter when Jerry Hughes leaves. 

Round 5, pick 158- Trevon Wesco TE, WVU

Not the big name TE prospect we were hoping for. We add competition to the room this year and hopefully add an elite TE next year. 

You had me till Frank Clark was mentioned. What don't people understand about him? He's a douche and will not fit the process. Its not even a consideration to trade for him. I don't care about his stats, age, contract...etc. He's a dirtbag. Felon. Misdomeanor. Woman beating, home invading sob. Please keep him away from our roster. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

You had me till Frank Clark was mentioned. What don't people understand about him? He's a douche and will not fit the process. Its not even a consideration to trade for him. I don't care about his stats, age, contract...etc. He's a dirtbag. Felon. Misdomeanor. Woman beating, home invading sob. Please keep him away from our roster. 

That’s  fine, trade him out for Clowney.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Muppets Laughing GIF - Muppets Laughing GIFs

That’s the most they would get in a trade. They will probably get less.

Even if they didn’t make that trade my mock would be the same. I would be fine with Clowney instead of Clark too.

• Like (+1) 2

If Oliver is gone then I’m ok if they swing for the fences on Metcalf..would prefer it if they could get him after a small trade down as I think he will be there into the mid teens..

Ive had my eye on Howard and Saunders as well.. maybe you are picking them a round early though? Just my opinion..

Wondering if they consider trading Hughes and not Murphy for Clark? Now don’t get me wrong... I love Hughes but I would suggest they aren’t going to extend him if they sign Clark..Would make Seattle more interested ( getting a better player in return) and perhaps you only need offer a 2020 3rd in addition..

Edited by Aussie Joe

26 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If Oliver is gone then I’m ok if they swing for the fences on Metcalf..would prefer it if they could get him after a small trade down as I think he will be there into the mid teens..

Ive had my eye on Howard and Saunders as well.. maybe you are picking them a round early though? Just my opinion..

Wondering if they consider trading Hughes and not Murphy for Clark? Now don’t get me wrong... I love Hughes but I would suggest they aren’t going to extend him if they sign Clark..Would make Seattle more interested ( getting a better player in return) and perhaps you only need offer a 2020 3rd in addition..

I am assuming Oliver, Allen, Bosa, and Williams are off the board. 

I would like to see what Hughes does with Clowney/Clark on the other side. Saying that, if we get a good value on those guys and they want Hughes it would have to be done.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

This whole “process guy” thing is the most overrated BS that we discuss. The Bills have expressed interest in a lot of guys that aren’t good character guys. Jordan Phillips was essentially  released for insubordination and he’s a fan favorite. Talent >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Process

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

A mock draft thread that includes highlight videos is a nice touch but at the end of the day it’s still a mock draft thread so it’s like putting mayo on a crap sandwich 

It is a long offseason though. Maybe I will get a mock draft correct one of these years. 

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This whole “process guy” thing is the most overrated BS that we discuss. The Bills have expressed interest in a lot of guys that aren’t good character guys. Jordan Phillips was essentially  released for insubordination and he’s a fan favorite. Talent >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Process

Call it b.s. if you want. Or process, or whatever you want. The guy is a felon. Can't travel across a border. He also beats women, and threatens those who bring it up. He may be a great player, but at the draft capital, the contract, and the drama involved, do you honestly think this is even possible? With the overhaul this regime has made to remove high drama, high contract players? Gimme a break. **** Frank Clark. And his non-maturing ***!

Insubordination is a far cry from felony home invasion, then domestic violence as a professional. Did you know our team president is a female?? This has ZERO chance of happening

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Call it b.s. if you want. Or process, or whatever you want. The guy is a felon. Can't travel across a border. He also beats women, and threatens those who bring it up. He may be a great player, but at the draft capital, the contract, and the drama involved, do you honestly think this is even possible? With the overhaul this regime has made to remove high drama, high contract players? Gimme a break. **** Frank Clark. And his non-maturing ***!

Insubordination is a far cry from felony home invasion, then domestic violence as a professional. Did you know our team president is a female?? This has ZERO chance of happening

I’m not giving ANY opinion if I want him or not. I’m saying that the Bills ARE NOT ruling out a player of Clark’s caliber because he isn’t a “process” guy. If they think the value is right they will absolutely pull the trigger. Their interest in Clark hasn’t been a secret. 

For the last couple of years Bills fans assumed guys with checkered pasts weren’t an option. The reality is, the Bills operate like EVERY other team in the league. If the risk is minimal they will always chase talent. They will do what KC, NE, New Orleans, etc.. do

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m just wondering how many people on here  have actually seen Oliver play ? 

Every thread everyone wants Oliver at 9 , I bet most have never even heard of him until the mock drafts came out , 

IMO hes  an undersized bum who played against bunch of NOBODY’s , and I would be willing to make a bet that Metcalf goes before Oliver , 

go ahead fire away!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not giving ANY opinion if I want him or not. I’m saying that the Bills ARE NOT ruling out a player of Clark’s caliber because he isn’t a “process” guy. If they think the value is right they will absolutely pull the trigger. Their interest in Clark hasn’t been a secret. 

For the last couple of years Bills fans assumed guys with checkered pasts weren’t an option. The reality is, the Bills operate like EVERY other team in the league. If the risk is minimal they will always chase talent. They will do what KC, NE, New Orleans, etc.. do

Can you give me a player example that McBeane has brought on board with that kind of background? Just so I can understand your reasoning? Thanks in advance

Just now, Putin said:

I’m just wondering how many people on here  have actually seen Oliver play ? 

Every thread everyone wants Oliver at 9 , I bet most have never even heard of him until the mock drafts came out , 

IMO hes  an undersized bum who played against bunch of NOBODY’s , and I would be willing to make a bet that Metcalf goes before Oliver , 

go ahead fire away!!!!!

Oliver has been a big name in this draft for a while now... 

Metcalf has been more of the combine warrior/ late riser comparatively IMO..

Not saying you are wrong though about who ultimately turns out to be the better player..

• Like (+1) 1