TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

*** TRADE ALERT***

The Seattle Seahawks have traded Pick 84 and Frank Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs for picks 29, 92, and a 2020 2nd Round Pick.

For now, this trade is being implemented into our little mock, but I am open to feedback.

That sucks for @H2o

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Didn't he just land one of the best young DE's in the NFL though?  :nana:

Don’t disagree with that. Just saying, sucks for him playing this particular mock. 

If it’s me, I’d want the picks to get my own guys. 

Just now, mrags said:

Don’t disagree with that. Just saying, sucks for him playing this particular mock. 

If it’s me, I’d want the picks to get my own guys. 

But those picks dont exist anymore...so whats the point of doing a mock draft using draft picks that dont exist?  

Just now, mrags said:

I don’t disagree. Just saying it sucks for @H2o

Agreed...I honestly do not get this trade by the Chiefs.  Its as puzzling as paying Sammy $16M last year while having Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Conley already.  They should have kept Dee Ford if there were going to do this.  They gave up way more than they got for Ford and now will pay Clark more money than Ford.  

Clark is a great player for the Chiefs, dont get me wrong.  Just don't understand why they didnt just keep Ford for less and keep their first round pick.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed...I honestly do not get this trade by the Chiefs.  Its as puzzling as paying Sammy $16M last year while having Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Conley already.  They should have kept Dee Ford if there were going to do this.  They gave up way more than they got for Ford and now will pay Clark more money than Ford.  

Clark is a great player for the Chiefs, dont get me wrong.  Just don't understand why they didnt just keep Ford for less and keep their first round pick.  

Maybe Ford didn’t want to stay with KC

• Like (+1) 1

Busy day for Seahawks as we just traded our premiere young DE Frank Clark and pick 84 for picks 29, 92, and a 2020 2nd rounder.  Its hard to see Frank go, he's been a great player for us and we know he will be a great player for the Chiefs.  It was a tough decision and fallout from making sure we keep our team captain and franchise QB Russell Wilson here a long time and we will now look to the future and building more talent up through the draft.  

Lots of interesting options here for us where we had been previously looking to trade back to acquire more picks.  But with the recent trade, there is just too much talent here now at 21 to pass up rebuilding our defense to help support Russell and the offense.

With the 21st pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select CB Greedy Williams

The Baltimore Ravens and @Watkins101 are now on the Clock.

PS:  Seattle is open for business at pick 29 for a trade down!  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, Logic said:

green_bay_draft.jpg

In deciding what to do with the 20th pick in the 1st round, I consulted numerous mock drafts and articles about the Packers and their top needs. A consistent theme emerged: They need offensive line help. Just about everyone seems to agree. There are other needs, sure, but the Packers need to make sure they can keep Aaron Rodgers upright and healthy if they want to contend for a Lombardi. Not only that, but new head coach Matt LaFleur feels that too much of the Packers' offensive production in the passing game in recent years has come from improvisatory plays from Rodgers after he is forced to leave the pocket due to shoddy protection. In an effort to keep the pocket clean for Rodgers so that he can run LaFleur's offense the way it is intended to be run, the Packers MUST ensure they improve the protection in front of #12.

With that said:

With the 20th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select OL Dalton Risner, Kansas State.

The Packers had Dalton Risner ranked as the 22nd best player on their big board, so the value matches up nicely with the need here. In Risner, the Packers see a young version of Bryan Bulaga. Like Bulaga, Risner is projected to move to an interior position in the NFL. Like Bulaga, the Packers believe he may, in fact, be able to play tackle. Recent Packer free agent acquisition Billy Turner has also played both right guard and right tackle in the NFL. The Packers plan to let Turner and Risner compete with Bulaga at right tackle, knowing that both players can also kick inside to guard should the need arise. Whether Risner ultimately lines up at tackle or guard for the Packers, they can be certain of one thing: He will upgrade the toughness, leadership, versatility, and production of their offensive line. 

@Alphadawg7 and his Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock.

Interesting.  Would you have picked Dillard if you made the trade with mrags?  If so, I would've been a little disappointed, but I did have a back up plan...

Just now, TPS said:

Interesting.  Would you have picked Dillard if you made the trade with mrags?  If so, I would've been a little disappointed, but I did have a back up plan...

When I was trying to trade up, it WAS with Dillard in mind. As I thought about my choice at pick 20, though, I decided I think Risner's a better fit for the Packers any way. Here's why:

The Packers' LT spot is pretty locked in with David Bakhtiari. He's one of the best in the game and is only 27 years old.

Dillard's projected best spot in the NFL is at LT. Many question whether he has the toughness/power to play right tackle, and I'm inclined to agree. 

With this being the case, and with the potential that Risner could more suitably help at RT or RG or even C, I now feel he'd ultimately make more sense for Green Bay. 

You were right to take Dillard for the Vikings, though. They NEED a LT, which is what Dillard appears to be. I'd say both our teams wound up with good fits in the end.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

When I was trying to trade up, it WAS with Dillard in mind. As I thought about my choice at pick 20, though, I decided I think Risner's a better fit for the Packers any way. Here's why:

The Packers' LT spot is pretty locked in with David Bakhtiari. He's one of the best in the game and is only 27 years old.

Dillard's projected best spot in the NFL is at LT. Many question whether he has the toughness/power to play right tackle, and I'm inclined to agree. 

With this being the case, and with the potential that Risner could more suitably help at RT or RG or even C, I now feel he'd ultimately make more sense for Green Bay. 

You were right to take Dillard for the Vikings, though. They NEED a LT, which is what Dillard appears to be. I'd say both our teams wound up with good fits in the end.

I’d say the only one that didn’t wind up with it’s perfect fit was the GMen as I was furiously trying to trade back. An extra pick in the first 3 rounds would have done it. 

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d say the only one that didn’t wind up with it’s perfect fit was the GMen as I was furiously trying to trade back. An extra pick in the first 3 rounds would have done it. 

The reason I approached the Panthers about a trade was I thought the Gints would take Dillard, but the more I thought about it, I was comfortable with my other pick if he was taken ahead of 18.  

3 hours ago, mrags said:

That sucks for @H2o

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Kind of, yeah. It's more accurate since none of the picks have occurred yet. @H2o and the Chiefs still have 61, 63, and 84 and could consider a trade up if they want.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t disagree. Just saying it sucks for @H2o

I'm a Bills fan, I'm used to disappointment :lol:

• Haha (+1) 5

The Ravens will be trading the 22nd pick and the 191st pick for the Buccaneers 39th, 70th, and 145th picks. @Chuck Wagon is on the clock

I did this trade due to lacking a 2nd round pick and a minimal talent drop off between  the 22nd and the 39th pick. The Ravens have multiple holes to fill, and the extra 3rd will help.

With the 22nd pick in the draft the Tampa Bucs select Josh Jacobs, RB, Bama

From Jameis to Jason Licht, everyone is feeling the heat in Tampa. Arians didn’t come back to oversee a rebuild. Bucs make an aggressive move up to address what’s been one of the worst backfields in the league for several years. 

@GunnerBill and the Texans are on the clock.