TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

If everyone can please try to have a top 3 guys they want and have trades worked out in advance, that would help.

I'm debating saying no trades once we get to round 3.  We are running short on time and people are waiting until their picks to start the trade process.

We need to move

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

If everyone can please try to have a top 3 guys they want and have trades worked out in advance, that would help.

I'm debating saying no trades once we get to round 3.  We are running short on time and people are waiting until their picks to start the trade process.

We need to move

agree. like i said before...if by your pick you havent had anyone message you about potential trades...one is not going to pop up.

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My irrational fear is that I keep flashing back to Maxx Williams when he came out and how many people seemed to love him.  I am hoping that if we draft Hock in the 1st round, he is the real deal because I have always wanted the Bills to have a legitimate #1 TE.

The only thing that will make me blow a gasket is Andre Dillard. I will be very upset. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The only thing that will make me blow a gasket is Andre Dillard. I will be very upset. 

at 9 yes, 15 im ok with it...point of attack on either side is where games can be won or lost.  If coaches and gm think he is best suited to help out our team im good with it.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

What?  I would keep drafting QBs until I got one that proved he’s the franchise guy.  It’s hard for GMs to do that because in many cases, their future is tied to the success of the first QB they spend a high pick on.  

Right now, Josh Allen looks like he may be the guy.  In two years, he may be backing up Carr in Oakland.  You just never know until you know.  Derek Carr is an ok QB that will never be good enough to win a SB imo.  So what’s the point?

on that note.  There’s nothing else to say regarding this subject.  You have more confidence Carr than Murray.  I don’t have any confidence in Carr being able to lead me to a championship.  Murray hasn’t played a down in the NFL and really reminds me of Russell Wilson.  I view him as having a chance to become a championship QB, while Carr has little to none.  Hence me choosing Murray over carr.  Agree to disagree 

Like choosing Rivers over Brees.  Although neither QB compares to these 2.  San Diego figured they didnt have their guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

No thanks. That's a steep overpay on my part by several hundred points of value. I'm not desperate to trade up. Figured I'd just throw something out there since you said you'd "consider anything at this point". 

I was going to offer pick 253, but you beat me.

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We need to move

I think we should move the pick time limit to 2 hours instead of 4, starting in the next round. No way the draft gets done before the ACTUAL draft otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

Perfect!  Before I select, since I was GM of the Vikings last year in the 3-round mock, I will add a section below with an evaluation in each round, comparing my pick to their real pick.  I’ll take care of business first…

For 2019, the #1 need is O-line, just as it was last year.  They can’t run and they can’t protect Cousins.  So, again, I find myself having to work on improving the weakest part of their team, with the 18th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Andre Dillard, OT Washington State.

@bkep32 is on the clock.

The Vikings entertained trading up to 16 to nab Dillard, but then reconsidered, so they (we) are very happy!  Dillard, the best pass-blocking OT in the draft, is expected to start immediately at LT, moving Rieff to RT. 

=============================================================================

2018 Vikings Round 1 30th pick CB Mike Hughes

TPS pick: OL Orlando Brown Jr.  (actual pick: Ravens, R3, #83)

This was a controversial pick, but I think I can make a case that the Vikes would’ve been better off with Brown instead of Hughes.  Brown is infamously known as having “the worst combine of any player in its history,” which caused him to plummet down the draft boards.  While some said my pick was a “reach,” he in fact had a solid rookie season and took hold of RT for the Ravens after an injury provided his opportunity.   I can’t remember which analyst convinced me, but despite his terrible combine, someone projected him as a R1 talent and Mayock had him in his top 5 for OTs.  While Brown was the 9th OT taken, he ended up starting the last 10 games. PFF rated him third best rookie OT, behind McGlinchey (9th pick) and Braden Smith (37th pick).  Here’s a snippet on Brown from a PFF article:

T Orlando Brown finished his rookie year with a clean sheet and 69.9 game grade. He managed to go the whole season without allowing a sack, and ranks 15th in Pass Blocking Efficiency among [ALL] tackles (96.5).

Hughes was average at best and ended up with an ACL injury midseason. Had the Vikings taken Brown, even as a bit of a reach, their tackle positions would be set heading into this draft. Instead, they HAVE to go O-line this year.

• Like (+1) 1

green_bay_draft.jpg

In deciding what to do with the 20th pick in the 1st round, I consulted numerous mock drafts and articles about the Packers and their top needs. A consistent theme emerged: They need offensive line help. Just about everyone seems to agree. There are other needs, sure, but the Packers need to make sure they can keep Aaron Rodgers upright and healthy if they want to contend for a Lombardi. Not only that, but new head coach Matt LaFleur feels that too much of the Packers' offensive production in the passing game in recent years has come from improvisatory plays from Rodgers after he is forced to leave the pocket due to shoddy protection. In an effort to keep the pocket clean for Rodgers so that he can run LaFleur's offense the way it is intended to be run, the Packers MUST ensure they improve the protection in front of #12.

With that said:

With the 20th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select OL Dalton Risner, Kansas State.

The Packers had Dalton Risner ranked as the 22nd best player on their big board, so the value matches up nicely with the need here. In Risner, the Packers see a young version of Bryan Bulaga. Like Bulaga, Risner is projected to move to an interior position in the NFL. Like Bulaga, the Packers believe he may, in fact, be able to play tackle. Recent Packer free agent acquisition Billy Turner has also played both right guard and right tackle in the NFL. The Packers plan to let Turner and Risner compete with Bulaga at right tackle, knowing that both players can also kick inside to guard should the need arise. Whether Risner ultimately lines up at tackle or guard for the Packers, they can be certain of one thing: He will upgrade the toughness, leadership, versatility, and production of their offensive line. 

@Alphadawg7 and his Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock.

Edited by Logic

13 minutes ago, TPS said:

I didn't think you had to worry...

i wanted lawerence, so i had to pivot from that...almost went simmons but i needed someone now to help out marcus, almost went ford as well. but with walker being 34 and coming off a huge injury we needed production from that spot.

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We need to move

I was trying since last night. Problem is, not everyone is or has been on to see who’s there or not. Sometimes they are waiting for a certain pick to decide if they need to make a deal or not. As it is, I took someone’s guy as they messaged me. Should have traded the few spots to get him. I wasn’t in love with my draft spots. Wanted more pics. 

But in general, I agree with you 

Ok so big news:

Seattle in real life just traded Clark to the Chiefs.  None of the picks involved have happened yet.  So we need to adjust the mock to reflect the new trade.  

And with this new development, Seattle is looking harder at staying at 21 and dangling newly acquired #29 for a potential trade down!!!  So get me any final trade offers for 21 if any, otherwise we making a pick soon (when the GM gets home from the Chiropractor in about 30 minutes ha).  

*** TRADE ALERT***

The Seattle Seahawks have traded Pick 84 and Frank Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs for picks 29, 92, and a 2020 2nd Round Pick.

For now, this trade is being implemented into our little mock, but I am open to feedback.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13