TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why is my name on this list? I didn't sign up lol

If anyone (Yolo, Joe in Winslow, etc) doesn't want to be in this thing, allow me to be the first to volunteer to take on extra drafting duties if needed.

42 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So JP Losman and EJ were acceptable in your eyes.  You take the guy that has the potential.  Mighty mouse does not IMO.  I used to think EJs fall was the result of coaching decisions but came to realize as I watched Allen and Mayfield last season that EJ was missing the intangibles. 

Leadership and the will to win are very big in team sports.  Allen never had to answer questions about wether he was a leader because it was there to see.  Every guy that says they lead in different ways and by example has failed.  EJ said that and Murray says that.  Look how vocal Allen, Mahomes and Mayfield are.  Carr is at least a vocal leader.  Brady is definitely that.  Murray is not going to be as good as Carr.  If I had to take one of the QBs this year it would be Lock.  

If Oakland took Murray and I was The NYG Im offering a 2nd or 3rd for Carr without hesitation and laughing all the way to the bank.

You said you were ok with Carr.  I didn’t.  

The Losman year, I was banging on the table to trade up and draft Ben.  Instead we trade up for Losman.  Fail.  Once he became out QB, it became wait and see.  Not “I’m ok with him as our QB”.  You have to give the kid a year or two to evaluate him.  

The Ej year was meh. I always hated Ej at FSU.  I actually wanted Barkley in rd 2.  

I wanted Jimmy Clausen in rd 2.

i wanted KSU QB Chad May back we drafted Todd Collins IIRC.

i wanted another KSU Qb Michael Bishop.

i wanted Carson Wentz, 

I wanted jimmy g and derek Carr the year after we drafted Ej

I wanted Luck, Wilson and cousins

i could literally go on all day.  Since Kelly retired, I haven’t thought any of these QBs were “the guy” to lead us to a super bowl.  I was either over them as our QB or I was holding out hope that they were “the franchise”. Since we haven’t had that, I was all for taking a QB in every draft.  Not always in rd 1, but take a swing at some point.  

Whether or not Murray will be as good as Carr Isn’t something I can talk about right now.  So much Carr has a SB winning coach.  Murray will probably have a 38 year old kid that got fired from a college program 1 year ago.  

The thing that that I do know, i wouldn’t Derek Carr as my franchise QB.  If he was, I would be actively trying to upgrade 

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why is my name on this list? I didn't sign up lol

You did the first one and thought you wanted in on this one as well.  

If you want to give them team up, just let me know

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You said you were ok with Carr.  I didn’t.  

The Losman year, I was banging on the table to trade up and draft Ben.  Instead we trade up for Losman.  Fail.  Once he became out QB, it became wait and see.  Not “I’m ok with him as our QB”.  You have to give the kid a year or two to evaluate him.  

The Ej year was meh. I always hated Ej at FSU.  I actually wanted Barkley in rd 2.  

I wanted Jimmy Clausen in rd 2.

i wanted KSU QB Chad May back we drafted Todd Collins IIRC.

i wanted another KSU Qb Michael Bishop.

i wanted Carson Wentz, 

I wanted jimmy g and derek Carr the year after we drafted Ej

I wanted Luck, Wilson and cousins

i could literally go on all day.  Since Kelly retired, I haven’t thought any of these QBs were “the guy” to lead us to a super bowl.  I was either over them as our QB or I was holding out hope that they were “the franchise”. Since we haven’t had that, I was all for taking a QB in every draft.  Not always in rd 1, but take a swing at some point.  

Whether or not Murray will be as good as Carr Isn’t something I can talk about right now.  So much Carr has a SB winning coach.  Murray will probably have a 38 year old kid that got fired from a college program 1 year ago.  

The thing that that I do know, i wouldn’t Derek Carr as my franchise QB.  If he was, I would be actively trying to upgrade 

So you wouldnt just keep drafting QBs til you get one.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

So you wouldnt just keep drafting QBs til you get one.

What?  I would keep drafting QBs until I got one that proved he’s the franchise guy.  It’s hard for GMs to do that because in many cases, their future is tied to the success of the first QB they spend a high pick on.  

Right now, Josh Allen looks like he may be the guy.  In two years, he may be backing up Carr in Oakland.  You just never know until you know.  Derek Carr is an ok QB that will never be good enough to win a SB imo.  So what’s the point?

on that note.  There’s nothing else to say regarding this subject.  You have more confidence Carr than Murray.  I don’t have any confidence in Carr being able to lead me to a championship.  Murray hasn’t played a down in the NFL and really reminds me of Russell Wilson.  I view him as having a chance to become a championship QB, while Carr has little to none.  Hence me choosing Murray over carr.  Agree to disagree 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m close to making a pick. Looking for any last minute trade offers. I’m open to anything at this point. 

I'll give you my 20th pick, 4th rounder and 7th rounder for your pick.

Edited by Logic

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Make it 20th and a 2nd and you have a deal 

No thanks. That's a steep overpay on my part by several hundred points of value. I'm not desperate to trade up. Figured I'd just throw something out there since you said you'd "consider anything at this point". 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

No thanks. That's a steep overpay on my part by several hundred points of value. I'm not desperate to trade up. Figured I'd just throw something out there since you said you'd "consider anything at this point". 

How about 20th and your 3rd rounder? Only a difference of about 150pts. 

Id do for 4th and more but we’re only doing 3 rounds so I don’t want to take a pic I can’t use