TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

18 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Russel Wilson, Drew Brees and what about all the other guys.  Tyrod Taylor who is actually taller than that agrees with me.  Guess what though, Wilson and Brees dont get balls batted at the LOS.

I was having fun with the 'short joke' and Kyler Murray

Does Murray get a lot of passes knocked down? TBH didn't pay much attention to QB prospects this year.

I like saying that.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are guys going 8-15 this year that would go top 5 in most drafts.  What order they go this year doesn’t indicate their talent.  The top 10 is loaded with blue chip prospects.  

I've got a feeling there will be a lot of first round busts and meh average players this year, and some good talent found in the later rounds

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are guys going 8-15 this year that would go top 5 in most drafts.  What order they go this year doesn’t indicate their talent.  The top 10 is loaded with blue chip prospects.  

Define "most drafts".  I think with the exception of 2015 each of the last 5 years had better talent at the top of the draft.

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I've got a feeling there will be a lot of first round busts and meh average players this year, and some good talent found in the later rounds

Definitely ad this happens every single year.   Blue chip prospects bust every year just any other prospect.  

This is a deep draft, which is why I think it’s so unrealistic we would trade up from 9 that will too expensive for a non QB this year when our 2nd round pick is so valuable this draft, especially since they can even trade up from our 2nd and maybe get 2 first rounders.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

After much back and forth between John Gruden, Mike Mayock and Bowl Cut McGee, the soon to be Las Vegas Raiders select Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.  

It’s too late to cut Derek Carr this season, but his dead cap following this year is only 5 mill, making this an easy decision.  Gruden gets a QB with an arsenal of tricks in his tool belt.  Las Vegas gets a fresh and promising face to its franchise.  Bowl Cut McGee needs some new friends that can be honest with him and tell him his haircut blows.

@Chuck Wagon and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock

Carr was one of the players that they didnt get rid of and he definitely would have had a market.  I dont see it happening.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

People that want a particular guy maybe.  I think we may have one of the better FOs in the league.

I want a particular set of guys and I expect them all to be gone unless we move up for them (which I am ok with depending on the trade value and the player) - they are best players in the draft for a reason. Where I see the state of our team is that we need another blue chipper or 2, we need to be both smart and aggressive. I expect some disappointments that don't work out here and there (it is the natural probability of the world); however, our FO, so far, has not given me a reason to doubt them.

What I hope for is that some teams (stupidly) draft based on needs or that their evaluations and grades are close enough with the players I covet, that they lean to fill the need. JAX for instance can use OL and they take Taylor over a DT for instance even though they may have a great DT sitting there for them. 

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Carr was one of the players that they didnt get rid of and he definitely would have had a market.  I dont see it happening.

If they have a path to get Kyler, the keys to Carr would be given away and he would quickly be driven out of town. 

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ed Oliver, DT, Houston.  

The Bucs desperately want to move down as there are several players on the board they would be equally happy to draft, but given a lack of offers and in the best interest of keeping this thing moving, they make their pick.  The team is desperate to add pass rush and the best available edge rushers (Sweat, Burns) feel like aggressive picks at this range.  Other positions were considered, but they feel Oliver is a guy who can potentially move around the formation and pair with either McCoy or Vea (or all 3 on the field at the same time).  Rumors have persisted about McCoy's future, but at this time the team feels he's too valuable to move on from unless an interesting offer arises.

@mrags and the New York Giants are on the clock.

The NY Giants are open for business in trade back scenarios. You can send offers in this thread or PM if you prefer not to show your hand. 

Also to justify Bosa a bit more, from Peter King this morning:

"They could decide to take the best edge-rusher (Nick Bosa)—who I hear is the choice of many in the building—or the best player (Quinnen Williams) in the draft... I hear the Cardinals think of Bosa as a “generational player,”

16 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He was awful last year.  God awful decision making.  Not sure why any new GM would put his trust in him being his QB going forward.  That being said, I don’t think Murray will be available and we won’t be having this discussion because the rest of these QBs are 2nd-3rd rd picks and Mayock won’t reach on them.  JMO

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ed Oliver, DT, Houston.  

The Bucs desperately want to move down as there are several players on the board they would be equally happy to draft, but given a lack of offers and in the best interest of keeping this thing moving, they make their pick.  The team is desperate to add pass rush and the best available edge rushers (Sweat, Burns) feel like aggressive picks at this range.  Other positions were considered, but they feel Oliver is a guy who can potentially move around the formation and pair with either McCoy or Vea (or all 3 on the field at the same time).  Rumors have persisted about McCoy's future, but at this time the team feels he's too valuable to move on from unless an interesting offer arises.

@mrags and the New York Giants are on the clock.

You can not argue with Oliver but IMO they would go with White.  Now if they ditch McCoy then perfect. 

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

You can not argue with Oliver but IMO they would go with White.  Now if they ditch McCoy then perfect. 

I was equally split between Oliver and White, ultimately I decided it was more important to add pass rush, taking a LB at 5 when a guy who can get after the QB was still on the board did not feel like the right move.

26 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I want a particular set of guys and I expect them all to be gone unless we move up for them (which I am ok with depending on the trade value and the player) - they are best players in the draft for a reason. Where I see the state of our team is that we need another blue chipper or 2, we need to be both smart and aggressive. I expect some disappointments that don't work out here and there (it is the natural probability of the world); however, our FO, so far, has not given me a reason to doubt them.

What I hope for is that some teams (stupidly) draft based on needs or that their evaluations and grades are close enough with the players I covet, that they lean to fill the need. JAX for instance can use OL and they take Taylor over a DT for instance even though they may have a great DT sitting there for them. 

If they have a path to get Kyler, the keys to Carr would be given away and he would quickly be driven out of town. 

Im not big on the Bama T that got handled in the Champ game.  There are players that I have checked into that the experts have as top 10 that I say Meh?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He was awful last year.  God awful decision making.  Not sure why any new GM would put his trust in him being his QB going forward.  That being said, I don’t think Murray will be available and we won’t be having this discussion because the rest of these QBs are 2nd-3rd rd picks and Mayock won’t reach on them.  JMO

I think Lock is better than Murray.

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

68.9 4048 19Tds 10ints with crabtree and cooper gone is awful.  Good God what do you consider decent or good.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

68.9 4048 19Tds 10ints with crabtree and cooper gone is awful.  Good God what do you consider decent or good.

Look at your stats.  I’ll look at the terrible decisions he made all year