TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Final - Completed

Virgil

The J-E-T-S select Edge rusher Josh Allen Kentucky.

The AFC East is now the AFC Josh Allens

New Era and Oakland are on the clock

**** EDIT ****

With the morning commute over and being settled in

Analysis - Really wanted to trade down. Not too many guys in this draft seem top 5 worthy, especially with the JETS schemes and needs. The Jets also have no second round pick, so this pick had to count and fit scheme.

From what I know the Jets need OL help - especially LT and C.

The best OT in this draft are natural RT types. Dillard seems the best natural LT, but is average at run blocking.

I don't think anyone is drafting C at #3

I looked at a CB to pair opposite T Johnson and make that secondary fierce with their young S, but I'm not sold on any CB as a top 5 pick.

Same with WR, I'd have loved to get Darnold an explosive playmaker, and I know some people think DK Metcalf is the second coming, but my disabled mom has better lateral movement and hands.

Some very good DL prospects but Gregg Williams runs a 3-4 base in NY.

I also think NYC will riot if another DL is drafted in the early first round by the Jets.

My decision came down to TE TJ Hockenson (Rated top 10 by CBS and Walter Football),

Devin White (but CJ Mosely acquisition tempered this)

and Josh Allen.

I think Gregg Williams would like having a chess piece like Allen to move around, and it should help boost their pass rush.

Edited by RocCityRoller

After much back and forth between John Gruden, Mike Mayock and Bowl Cut McGee, the soon to be Las Vegas Raiders select Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.  

It’s too late to cut Derek Carr this season, but his dead cap following this year is only 5 mill, making this an easy decision.  Gruden gets a QB with an arsenal of tricks in his tool belt.  Las Vegas gets a fresh and promising face to its franchise.  Bowl Cut McGee needs some new friends that can be honest with him and tell him his haircut blows.

@Chuck Wagon and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ed Oliver, DT, Houston.  

The Bucs desperately want to move down as there are several players on the board they would be equally happy to draft, but given a lack of offers and in the best interest of keeping this thing moving, they make their pick.  The team is desperate to add pass rush and the best available edge rushers (Sweat, Burns) feel like aggressive picks at this range.  Other positions were considered, but they feel Oliver is a guy who can potentially move around the formation and pair with either McCoy or Vea (or all 3 on the field at the same time).  Rumors have persisted about McCoy's future, but at this time the team feels he's too valuable to move on from unless an interesting offer arises.

@mrags and the New York Giants are on the clock.

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

People are really not going to like the Bills options at 9

With the way the winds are currently blowing, Oliver as high as 3, only 1 QB in the top 8, the best plan of action might be an aggressive move up to get a guy like Williams or Allen.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

With the way the winds are currently blowing, Oliver as high as 3, only 1 QB in the top 8, the best plan of action might be an aggressive move up to get a guy like Williams or Allen.

Not at all.....I view 15 guys as top 10 talent.  If Oliver is gone, we can still get white, Gary, Wilkins, jonah, taylor,  burns, sweat, tj....and if QBs fall we might be able to trade down.  Yes it would suck to not get one of those guys but it's not a nightmare scenario and we dont need to move up unless they really value a player over the rest.

Edited by bkep32

Just now, bkep32 said:

Not at all.....I view 15 guys as top 10 talent.  If Oliver is gone, we can still get white, Gary, Wilkins, jonah, taylor,  burns, sweat, tj....and if QBs fall we might be able to trade down.  Yes it would suck to not get one of those guys but it's not a nightmare scenario 

I have concerns about Gary (screams workout guy, production was lacking and I'm not willing to write it off on coaching, I don't care where they put you on the field, if you are surrounded by NFL talent and facing inferior opponents most weeks, you should produce) / Burns (really worry about his playing weight last year, does not seem like a guy who is going to ever set an edge) / Sweat (medical flag) / Jonah (can he be a NFL LT?) / Taylor (why did he play RT?) / Wilkins (opposite of Gary, feels like he was brought up by his supporting cast).  I like White and TJ, but others have raised some valid questions about position value and already having Edmuds / Milano.

I think you are too generous with your "top 10 talent" label.  I think there's clear blue chip talent (Bosa, Allen, Williams, maybe Oliver, maybe White) and then you are likely to get the same caliber player at ~8 as 15, doesn't mean those guys are top 10 guys.

16 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Yes that's why they are blue chip players and should be gone by 5.  But every prospect will have some sort of concerns labeled on them.  I guess we will find out thursday.

If you are just looking at talent, I am not sure Murray is top 5.  However, he plays the most important position and thus gets bonus points in the draft room.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Russell Wilson takes umbrage with your statement sir..

Russel Wilson, Drew Brees and what about all the other guys.  Tyrod Taylor who is actually taller than that agrees with me.  Guess what though, Wilson and Brees dont get balls batted at the LOS.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Im the Seahawks?  I was the Broncos in V3 just before it started.  

Dont know how that happened, but since it did I guess the Seahawks are open for business on a trade down to accumulate more picks.  

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The bills are not likely going to trade up from 9, can we do one mock that reflects that?  They are more likely to trade down from 9 than up.  

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I have concerns about Gary (screams workout guy, production was lacking and I'm not willing to write it off on coaching, I don't care where they put you on the field, if you are surrounded by NFL talent and facing inferior opponents most weeks, you should produce) / Burns (really worry about his playing weight last year, does not seem like a guy who is going to ever set an edge) / Sweat (medical flag) / Jonah (can he be a NFL LT?) / Taylor (why did he play RT?) / Wilkins (opposite of Gary, feels like he was brought up by his supporting cast).  I like White and TJ, but others have raised some valid questions about position value and already having Edmuds / Milano.

I think you are too generous with your "top 10 talent" label.  I think there's clear blue chip talent (Bosa, Allen, Williams, maybe Oliver, maybe White) and then you are likely to get the same caliber player at ~8 as 15, doesn't mean those guys are top 10 guys.

There are guys going 8-15 this year that would go top 5 in most drafts.  What order they go this year doesn’t indicate their talent.  The top 10 is loaded with blue chip prospects.