Would you make this trade with the Raiders?

Bakin

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

They got FA TE and WR.  TE can be played by committee, which seems to be the plan.

....at some point, we need to have a top flight TE on this roster.......it's been years and the opposition has torched us with the position...

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....at some point, we need to have a top flight TE on this roster.......it's been years and the opposition has torched us with the position...

Yes, but there are real impact DT, LB and OT available in the first round, and there are some good TE's availble in the 2nd and 3rd.  If you really are worried about getting torched by the few impact TE's in the league, then another way is for us to get good cover LB's.

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Yes, but there are real impact DT, LB and OT available in the first round, and there are some good TE's availble in the 2nd and 3rd.  If you really are worried about getting torched by the few impact TE's in the league, then another way is for us to get good cover LB's.

...sorry for confusion....I could see 2nd or 3rd as more reasonable versus McBeane using a 1st...with FA emphasis on OL so far, think you're dead on with DL/LB/Edge in the 1st....could see McBeane trading down to grab an extra 2nd as well.........

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

No.  Beane and I want to see impact players from the top of the draft.  I would not move down lower than 16. (don't ask why 16).

Seems to be 15 impact players...so..I fantasize about trying to get  two of them 

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

We would then package them and picks in rounds 4-7 to get multiple picks in rounds 1-3

Those 7 picks in rounds 4 to 7 ,combined,equal perhaps ONE mid -second round pick 

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yes.  #24 and #35 alone are almost worth #9.   The 2020 pick is gravy.

Then package something to get back into the top half of round one.

No its not. Draft chart really doesnt really apply when the fall off in talent is evident after the top 15 or so.

39 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Seems to be 15 impact players...so..I fantasize about trying to get  two of them 

Those 7 picks in rounds 4 to 7 ,combined,equal perhaps ONE mid -second round pick 

Plus the picks acquired in this hypothetical trade with the raiders.  Keep up 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, Bakin said:

Assuming you don’t have a player you must take at 9 that’s available. 

In exchange for Bills #9

Raiders give 24, 35 and 2020 2nd round pick. 

Unfortunately the Raiders have traded their 2020 2nd to the Bears.

As much as I would like to see Gruden do something stupid I think he stays with his top 3 picks this year.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Lurker said:

Yes.  #24 and #35 alone are almost worth #9.   The 2020 pick is gravy.

Then package something to get back into the top half of round one.

With number of picks Bills signed the Bills should be looking for extra picks next year so yes.